SHHH!!! Can you read? Want to prove it? Meet fellow book worms and discuss the literary brilliance of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Topic locked

Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:56 am

DM was on fire! wrote:I'm probably the oldest Junie B. Jones fan. Ever.

Nope, my mother likes 'em too. So do I.
"This is delicious, except that it doesn't taste very good."

Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:49 pm

pardona_ii wrote:One of the best 'books' I've ever read that practically no-one has heard about has to be The Aleph by Borges - a collection of short stories.

I LOVED The Aleph! It's pure genius! I'm reading "Ficciones" now =D
Everyone, read Borges!

Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:42 am

I love Artemis Fowl and The Key To The Kingdom series !

Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:17 pm

Ethan Frome

Wed May 30, 2007 5:25 pm

I've enjoyed short stories written by Anton Chekhov. Not many others I know have read anything by him. I reallt enjoyed Thus Spoke Zarathustra.... I've also enjoyed some Ursula K. LeGuin books.. The dispossessed..

Favorite Books?

Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:18 am

I LOVE THE WARRIOR CATS!!!!!!!!!!! The warriors series by Erin Hunter is great. I'm on The New Prophecy: Twilight. I'm so obsessed I even wrote a series about Warrior Guinea pigs with Clans and stuff! Not joking :)

Re: Books you love but nobody else seems to like

Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:15 am

The Poisonwood Bible, A brave New World, 1984, Catcher in the Rye, Lord of the Fies
I read most of them before I had to read them for english, so my opinion of them wouldn't be tainted by schoolwork. It worked, I loved them, and eveyone else just kept thinking of the 7-8 page in-class eassy.
And of corse, all my beloved comicbooks. Everyone hears "comic", takes one look at them and tosses them in the same lump as Magic cards.

Re: Favorite Books?

Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:12 am

I love the spiderwick books <3 ! but thoughs are good to ~:> 0:)

Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:07 am

Sammy Keyes FTW

Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:48 pm

Animorphs series
Eragon
Chinese Cinderella
The Chronicles of Ancient Darkness
The Dreamseeker Chronicles

Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:10 am

Animorphs series

Oh my GODDD.

I was so addicted to the Animorphs when I was a kid! :D

Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:46 pm

Matterbug wrote:
Animorphs series

Oh my GODDD.

I was so addicted to the Animorphs when I was a kid! :D

OMG!
animorphs rocked my socks off!

but the book I seem to love but no one else dares to read is American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis. People are too freaked to even pick it up. :evil:

Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:39 pm

CommanderSwiss wrote:The Poisonwood Bible, A brave New World, 1984, Catcher in the Rye, Lord of the Fies
I read most of them before I had to read them for english, so my opinion of them wouldn't be tainted by schoolwork. It worked, I loved them, and eveyone else just kept thinking of the 7-8 page in-class eassy.
And of corse, all my beloved comicbooks. Everyone hears "comic", takes one look at them and tosses them in the same lump as Magic cards.

Wait... People don't like those books?
Every single time I see my Uncle he tells me to read nineteen eighty four like it's the Covenant of Christ or something, I finally read it and but for a couple interesting points it's a bit jank.

(I might go off on one here, sorry)

Not to mention every time I inflict myself with self loathing by reading a newspaper it gets mentioned as though it's the model for current society (Traffic cameras installed in traffic black spot. OMG BIG BROTHER!!!!1!!1!!)

Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:35 am

Sholohov - Tikhii Don.
I am in love with it. <3

Not many other people I know have actually read the entire thing.
Well, apart from my parents. xD

Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:01 pm

Hanahoseki wrote:I LOVE THE WARRIOR CATS!!!!!!!!!!! The warriors series by Erin Hunter is great. I'm on The New Prophecy: Twilight. I'm so obsessed I even wrote a series about Warrior Guinea pigs with Clans and stuff! Not joking :)

I love that book! Erin Hunter RULES! :D
Topic locked