Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: What book did you hate the most?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:58 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Location: Being Lauraa/thesockoverlord's official crazy insane fanthing.
Fiddelysquat wrote:
Add anything by Stephanie Meyer to that list. Twilight...

*has convulsions*

Twilight. Twilight, twilight, twilight. I HATE that @#&!?%$ series! :x

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:31 am 

Heart of Darkness.

So depressing! Even the nice bits had dark clouds of human evil. *Shudders*

I have no idea how Olesya Rulin liked that book.

Then again, it might have been that I read it as per a mandatory assignment for english, soooo that might have put me off a semi-decent book.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:45 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

That was part of my reading fiction book list. Very hard to read. Don't know if it was a particularly bad book though..

~~ Set by YesItIsh <3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:20 am 

It wasn't all that bad, but the level of 'evil' in humanity is just plain creepy. There are mentions of inhumane acts every few pages once the trip down the river starts, it's depressing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:28 pm 

Animal Farm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:23 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
Armite wrote:
Fiddelysquat wrote:

*has convulsions*

I... am going to second that. Passionately second that. Passionate, devoted, deep, dark, armaggedon-causing hatred.

Edward SPARKLES IN THE FREAKING SUN HELLO GARY SUE. Where's your friend, Mary? OH HAAAY BELLA.

Yeah. I don't like the series.

(Though I've read them all. Because they're the literary equivalent of meth. And I really hope that eventually it will get better and my time spent will not be for nothing)

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:28 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
Xandra wrote:
(Though I've read them all. Because they're the literary equivalent of meth. And I really hope that eventually it will get better and my time spent will not be for nothing)

I know what you mean. I read Princess Diaries books because they're like hot fudge: rotting my insides, but so stupidly fun.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:18 am 

I couldn't stand 'The Stolen Child' by Donahue. It looked interesting. It was about a group of hobgoblins that switched out children without the families knowing about it. It was written from the standpoint of the kid that had been switched and had to go live with the hobgoblins. It had a lot of promise. The story was just flat out boring though. It never picked up and went anywhere. It just drooooooooned on and on. Horrible.

Be who you are and say what you think because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -Dr. Seuss

Post subject: What book did you hate the most
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:13 am 

I havent watched anime in a long time, but my favorite has to be my first: Record of Lodoss War.

DR, just out of curiosity what did you like about Azumanga Daioh? I watched that in amine club in college and I thought it was boring.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:46 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Xandra wrote:
Armite wrote:
Fiddelysquat wrote:

*has convulsions*

I... am going to second that. Passionately second that. Passionate, devoted, deep, dark, armaggedon-causing hatred.

Edward SPARKLES IN THE FREAKING SUN HELLO GARY SUE. Where's your friend, Mary? OH HAAAY BELLA.

Yeah. I don't like the series.

I'll third that. Ugh! Considering I go to an all girls school I'm stuck hearing about how amazing and wonderful Bella and Edwards love is and how Stephanie totally understands her..... *Shudders*

Another book I could not get through was Pride and Prejudice. Five whole chapters of "Oh Mr Darcy looked simply divine at the ball this evening" and "Oh, I do hope we'll be seeing Mr Darcy at tonight's ball" before I gave up and threw it in the bin (Literally)

set by Byakuya San.....Thanks your awesome

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:57 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: In Shenkuu, munching on Mint Rolls and drinking Black Cherry Tea.
Too lazy to quote everyone, but the quote would be everything about Twilight.

The series of books aren't so bad (storyline-wise). The movies? *shudder*

What I have a problem with are the people (like in Ginny's school) that have a obsession about it. Also, REAL VAMPIRES DON'T SPARKLE. My friend also pointed out that Bella can't do anything for herself. She can't save herself, and has to stare at vans that are going to crush her. *rolls eyes*

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:06 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

There have been a few.

"Jude the Obscure" (Thomas Harding) and "A Light in August" (William Faulkner) were school assignments I'd rather not have read; the former because it was boring and none of the characters were sympathetic, and the latter because it seemed disturbingly racist to me (they were summer assignments, though, so we never discussed it, and I did fly through it).

I tried to read "the Portrait of Dorian Gray" (Oscar Wilde), but it was dragged down by his philosophical meanderings (I've heard the uncensored version is more interesting, and the movie wasn't bad). Then there was the story of a boy wizard who was taken to a wizarding school by the Keeper of the Keys -- no, not Harry Potter, "A Wizard of Earthsea" by Ursula Le Guin. I just couldn't get into it.

I tried to read "The Good Earth" by Pearl Buck since she was my mom's favorite author as a girl, but when the main character took a second wife and ignored his first wife, I'd had it. Maybe he eventually realized what a jerk he was, and I realize she was trying to show a different culture, but I could not relate to the main character at all, and I just didn't find the book engaging enough to stick it out. When I discussed it with my mom, she didn't remember that part of the book.

I've only listed books that I've given a good try to read; even though I didn't finish 3 of them, I do feel like I read enough to get a good sense of them. Since I've never picked up a Twilight book, I won't comment on them, but having read reviews, I have no desire to read them.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:43 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
I haven't really hated any books. There are a few I didn't particularly care for... or finish reading. They weren't really all that noteworthy for me to remember what they were.

I did read the first few Twilight books. I would say that I liked the first one the best of those.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:28 am 
PPT God
PPT God

It's hard to find entertainment I don't like on some level, though I did try and read Dianetics: insane, insensible rubbish. Read almost 100 pages and still didn't know what was being talked about. Steer clear at ALL costs...lest you are doing research, then by all means. :lol:

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

======================================

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7