Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:11 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: The Da Vinci Code
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:42 am 

Well I read it. Let me say, very controversial things were said. It seems to be all the talk, and a movie is to be made. What does everyone else have to say?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:36 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I liked it.
As a book.

I don't follow it as truth. I'm not that stupid. It wasn't meant to be the truth. It's a... FICTION MYSTERY NOVEL.

*ahem*
*Shrugs* But it was fun to read.
However I think Angels and Demons was more fun to read. Bigger page turner. Theres neat twistst and turns in the books.

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:13 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I havn't read it yet... I'm waiting on someone to finish it first....
But if its anything like Angels and Demons I'd probably like it.

And as for the movie, Tom Hanks playing Robert Langdon... Ugh, totally ruins my image of him.

~Set by moogie~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:21 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
And as for the movie, Tom Hanks playing Robert Langdon... Ugh, totally ruins my image of him.

I KNOW!
I'm sorry but Tom Hanks is too old, and not handsome enough to be Robert. *sulks*

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:05 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

A fun read, definately worth it. I read it one afternoon when I was sick. I loved the way the plot was all intertwined and everything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:14 pm 

Although Brown didn't initialize the ideas put forth in the book, he did a good job writing a story around them. There was a lot of research he put into that book, and i respect it when authors can take little tidbit's like the knights of templar, the actual "jacque sonniere", and the supposive secret society that listed davinci and so on and alter them somewhat to all fit together and make it entertaining. its a book that makes you want to research.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:04 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I loved the book. I love mysteries and books with plots/conspiracies, and stuff like that. I enjoyed it. I hope they do a good job on the movie, but I was a bit disappointed that Tom Hanks is playing Robert, not because Tom Hanks is a bad actor or anything, he just isn't anything like I pictured Robert to be...

Set by Moogie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:00 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: New Jersey. The state we love to hate and hate to love.
I didn't know they were making a movie of it. Huh. That's pretty silly...

Ah well, the book was good. It was fiction, and everyone gets riled up about it. Tom Hanks is a strange choice, but I kind of saw that one coming. They used a big actor for a role instead of finding the best actor for that role. Beh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:43 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I thought it was an excellent book. I had no idea they were making a movie out of it! But Tom Hanks does sound disappointing :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:19 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

ahoteinrun wrote:
However I think Angels and Demons was more fun to read. Bigger page turner. Theres neat twistst and turns in the books.

I thought "Deception Point" and "Digital Fortress" by Dan Brown were better yet again.

Nonetheless, I love all the books that Dan Brown has written as they're suspensful, original (until you've read a few) and oh so hard to put down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:29 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Horrible horrible books.
Seems to be written with gloves on, and rather unoriginal. Ok, very.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:41 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I'm currently re-reading it...m,aybe I'll like it better the second time. I agree with Inrun...it was fine as a book...but I'm not dumb enough to ever take it as truth.

It made a good book report though. XD

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:52 pm 

The way that it was put forth is pure fiction ie: evil albino and whatnot. Also the confirmation that there are actually documents, 666 things in that window, the code itself. But a lot of the points are based around real things, they're just compiled to be entertaining. Techniquely he was telling Half Truths and restating conspiracies. There is a real Jacque Sonniere, but he was just head of the Mary Magdalene church where he found mysterious documents and suddenly became rich and powerful, but what they were went down to the grave. The knights templar found something to the same idea and became rich and powerful, and were slaughtered by some french king. I believe they just found gold though. :D Really if you do proper research it is amazing what little tidbits you can find compiled into novels. Most seem pretty entertaining at the fact to how naive you are of the research that goes into writing a book like this. Robert is fiction, the albino is fiction, but a lot of the ideas are not full fiction. I'm a very strong roman catholic and i don't believe the ideas in the book, but i do believe that some things hold a half ring of truth. THe louvre isn't imaginary either last time i checked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:42 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Medusa wrote:
I thought "Deception Point" and "Digital Fortress" by Dan Brown were better yet again.

Nonetheless, I love all the books that Dan Brown has written as they're suspensful, original (until you've read a few) and oh so hard to put down.

I loved Digital Fortress! But yes--Dan Brown's "formula" spills out after you've read a few. Not that it's a bad thing, since it's good for creating suspense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:48 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I'm half way through it and from what Igg said, I didn't think I'd enjoy it but I'm actually gripped.

I can see why there was a big uproar about it because it seems so real. Every tiny last detail is meticulously descirbed and the plot is incredibly rich and intertwined. Seriously, I can't put it down so who cares if he pilfered about every literary technique ever written? I'm enjoying it. :P

It's coming...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next