Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:56 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:53 pm 

Currently I'm re-reading Song of Albion book 1, The House of the Scorpion, the Silmarillion, Shakespeare Abbreviated, and I'm also reading one of Mildred Taylor's books called 'The Land' for a school project. I'm looking for my, um, like one Redwall book I have that hasn't been damaged by my brother or sister. I don't read as much as I used to.
Just ignore me, I'm not at your reading level. :P

One of my old ones..... And I like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:11 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

At the moment I am reading a book called Dangerous Girls by R.L. Stine.
It is a pretty good book and I am almost done with it. It is about vamps :K AKA vampires but you probably knew that.

Awesome sig done by DM
Dean Winchester is sooooo f***** hot!!!!! and he is all mine!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:43 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: New Jersey. The state we love to hate and hate to love.
I'm re-reading my entire Fearless series...again. On number nine currently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:21 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Ender's Game
I have to, for RO...

Wonderful Altador Cup set by Pixa! ♥

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:09 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

The Haunting of Alaizabel Cray, by Chris Wooding.

It's about a wych-hunter (Thaniel) who finds Alaizabel, a beautiful girl, who is, unfortunately, possessed.

And there are people who could probably explain that book way better than I can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:10 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm about 10 pages into The New Bill James Historical Baseball Abstract. :D

I've also got to read Genesis for my book club. Yeah, we're weird. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:05 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I just finished Wolfskin by Juliet Marillier. It was a really good book about a Norse warrior(berserk), his best friend/blood brother, the girl they meet on a distant island, and her people. I was initially hoping for a book filled with magic, but this pleasantly surprised me. It had just enough without overdoing it, more based on real things with just a touch of magic here and there to solidify the base. I was a bit dissapointed after reading the end because I felt it concluded, but left things open. Then I found an advertisement for the sequel in the back and it sounds just as good. :) I can't wait to get it. ^.^

Here is a decent summary I found on Amazon.com:

Quote:
The only things young Eyvind has ever wanted--passionately!--are to be a Viking warrior, a Wolfskin, and to serve the mighty war god, Thor. One summer night during his fifteenth year, Wolfskins take Eyvind from the home of his mother and into the mountains for the harrowing warrior's initiation. Eyvind passes with flying colors and quickly earns a reputation as the strongest, most fearless Wolfskin in his jarl's retinue. He is now sure of his life path: a short but glorious life as a Wolfskin, with perhaps a woman and a child or two, leading to an honorable warrior's death. The gods have other plans for Eyvind, however--plans that will take him to a strange land of unsurpassed beauty, to a wild young priestess who saves his life and captures his heart, and ultimately to the edge of sanity, where he will either find his unique soul or lose it forever. An engrossing, beautifully written work of historical fiction and a portrait of a man's fierce struggle to find his own truth. Paula Luedtke
Copyright © American Library Association. All rights reserved

I greatly recommend it. :)

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:42 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm about halfway through the War of the Flowers by Tad Williams. Very good book, and quite humourous at times, in a witty, sarcastic way. Picked it up after reading the Otherworld series by the same guy. Good author, I'd recommend him. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:54 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Phlameseeker wrote:
I'm about halfway through the War of the Flowers by Tad Williams. Very good book, and quite humourous at times, in a witty, sarcastic way. Picked it up after reading the Otherworld series by the same guy. Good author, I'd recommend him. :)

I want to read that book, War of the Flowers, but they don't have at my school library so I'm gonna check the public one downtown after I finish reading my current book: Watership Down.

~~ Set by YesItIsh <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:32 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Watership Down too! Just finished Coram Boy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:35 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I've been taking a break from Trinity by Leon Uris (it's a little too much for me to read more than about 100 pages at a go), and have been rereading Christine by Stephen King.

Image Thanks to bluehawaii19 for the beautiful set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:26 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Just finished Let Me Go, the (true) story of a woman meeting her mother, who was in the SS, for the last time, after not seing her for something like 30 years. Very interesting.

Now I'm reading King Kelson's Bride by Katherine Kurtz.

Ali is love.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:53 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Missing: When Lightning Strike by Meg Cabot

Which is the 1-800-WHERE-ARE-YOU series in America. It's a cool series, I want to get the second book :D

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:31 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

.neko. wrote:
Phlameseeker wrote:

I want to read that book, War of the Flowers, but they don't have at my school library so I'm gonna check the public one downtown after I finish reading my current book: Watership Down.

Yeh, I just finished it. Its really good, well worth going downtown to find it :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:34 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I just checked out White Fang from the library at my school. I read it in fourth grade, but I wanted to read it again. Right now I'm at the part where he meets humans for the first time. I'm also trying to read The Yearling, but I'm half way through and it's still boring. And I have a bad habit of reading the last sentence first, so I know what happens.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next