Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:48 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 10:39 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm looking forward to this book a lot (Then theres only one more! AGH!)...
but...

i've been cursed.
My friends wedding is the 16th. So... I may not be able to be in line for it. BUT! My dad will be. Because he wants to read it just as badly as I do (even though he thought the fifth book was the worst of all of them).
So it will be home waiting for me when I get home from the mennonite wedding thing... (I feel it will be boring. Joy.)

Yup.
Anywho. Thats my tale of woe.
I've read through this thread and i'm like "interesting" and I have no conspiracy theories of my own to add. So. Yup. But interesting.

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:41 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
Anyone in the countries that are having the contests for the 'cub reporters'- are you entering? If you win, can I knock you out, stuff you in a chest, then steal your identity?

<whine>It really, really sucks that no one in the US can be one of the young reporters. Grr. I'd love to have the chance to do something like that. I wonder why no Americans can be one of them? It's not faaaiiiir. </whine>

Tharkun wrote:
She's sure biding her sweet time on that FAQ poll.

Yes, that she is. I wanna find out the answer to something, darnit!

And, of course, I want her to put up a new poll. Though if she does, she probably won't close it for months, and then HBP will come out and we'll probably know the answers anyway. Well, maybe.

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:51 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I'm still thinking one of the twins will die.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:56 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I read an article on Mugglenet about Snape possibly being a double spy. Helping the Order of the Phoenix spy on the Death Eaters, and vice versa. It's an interesting theory, and interesting to think about.

A list of examples for both "sides" of Snape is found below.

http://www.mugglenet.com/editorials/editorials/edit-cindy1.shtml

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:33 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
First off, I haven't read the editorial about Snape yet- my dial-up's slowed to a crawl, and Mugglenet always takes forever to load for me, for some reason.

Now that that's over with, here's what I think:

I think he might be a double agent. JKR's said, on multiple occasions, that you shouldn't pity Snape, that he's not a good guy, etc.

Besides that, who honestly thinks that Snape would've lasted this long as an Occlumens/Legilimens? Voldemort's one, too- he probably uses Legilimency on all of the Death Eaters; it would definitely be an easy way to discover traitors, anyway. It'd be quite odd if he, Lord Voldemort, REALLY EVIL GUY, were to notice that one of his minions was putting up mental defenses against him, then not do anything about it.

Just my thoughts on the matter- sorry if it's incoherent, I'm really very tired at the moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:30 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Do you guys ever get the feeling that you put more thought into this than the author?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:34 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

matterbug wrote:
I read an article on Mugglenet about Snape possibly being a double spy. Helping the Order of the Phoenix spy on the Death Eaters, and vice versa. It's an interesting theory, and interesting to think about.

A list of examples for both "sides" of Snape is found below.

http://www.mugglenet.com/editorials/editorials/edit-cindy1.shtml

I've just read that and there's lots of references to CoS. Maybe Snape is the half-blood prince?

that's me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:14 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

...Alex wrote:
Tharkun wrote:
What brass! They fire John Williams, but then they get to use his most rousing score ever in the GoF trailer? I hope they get to recycle his music in the actual movie; might give that French guy who's composing for OotP some incentive. Anyway, why don't they fire the guy it makes sense to fire - Steve Kloves? I mean, why fire John Williams the moment he starts making a real effort?

I believe Kloves has decided he won't be writing the script for OotP- I don't recall who is, now, if someone's even been hired yet.

I think he's decided that, at least. I'm not sure.

It's a shame they fired Williams, though, he's brilliant, and made the soundtracks one of the best things about the films.

Hmmm...I didn't think they fired Williams. I thought it was a scheduling conflict, like it was with Kloves. If I'm not mistaken, I think Patrick Doyle is composing some of the music for GoF, and some of it will be recycled Williams stuff. I love the soundrack for PoA...it's one of the few soundtracks I own.

And on a book related note, I started what I'm calling the "Great Harry Potter Re-read" a few days ago. My goal is to reread all the books bit by bit until July 16...I've already finished Sorcerer's Stone...it's a fun way to count down until the release.

Set by Cleo_lo from set contest 2005

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:42 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Igg wrote:
Do you guys ever get the feeling that you put more thought into this than the author?

Ha, yes, definitely. I imagine she's very much, "What the..." when she looks at fansites.

jellyoflight wrote:
I've just read that and there's lots of references to CoS. Maybe Snape is the half-blood prince?

...If that happens, I think I'll scream. Snape as a prince? Now that is a terrifying thought.

SNAPE, PRINCE OF HALF-BLOODS: Wheeeeee, I'm a PRINCE! Let me prance around, hitting people with my greasy jeweled scepter! It's GREASY! Like my HAIR! Teehee! Wheeeeeeeeeee... [prances about, a huge smile on his face as fangirls battle even harder to be <s>Alan Rickman</s> Snape's wife- PRINCESS-creature]

Last edited by Xandra on Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:48 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

...Alex wrote:
Igg wrote:

Ha, yes, definitely. I imagine she's very much, "What the..." when she looks at fansites.

You know when people say 'I think she made that happen because...' or 'I think she used these words because...' she's probably just sat there thinking 'er, seemed like a good idea at the time...'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:49 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: New Jersey. The state we love to hate and hate to love.
...Alex wrote:
jellyoflight wrote:

...If that happens, I think I'll scream. Snape as a prince? Now that is a terrifying thought.

SNAPE, PRINCE OF HALF-BLOODS: Wheeeeee, I'm a PRINCE! Let me prance around, hitting people with my greasy jeweled scepter! It's GREASY! Like my HAIR! Teehee! Wheeeeeeeeeee... [prances about, a huge smile on his face as fangirls battle even harder to be <s>Alan Rickman</s> Snape's wife- QUEEN-creature]

O____O

:roflol: Gosh, I really hope it's not Snape. I mean seriously...
How can HE be a prince?

I think it's Hagrid. You know, half-blood, half-giant. *shrugs and walks off*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:41 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Hehe, I have that icon somewhere.

I really hope Snape isn't a double agent, because I love him. Poor misunderstood greaseball.

I'm hoping it's Hagrid. I want to hear more about his mother.

And Percy! He'd better grow up a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:22 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

There's something wrong with me. Yesterday, it was both D-Day and Class Reunion Day, and I didn't even notice.

Anyway... yay recyclage!

Do what you will; but I will hinder it if I may.

-- Eowyn of the Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:23 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

AFI_Sorrow wrote:
...Alex wrote:
jellyoflight wrote:

SNAPE, PRINCE OF HALF-BLOODS: Wheeeeee, I'm a PRINCE! Let me prance around, hitting people with my greasy jeweled scepter! It's GREASY! Like my HAIR! Teehee! Wheeeeeeeeeee... [prances about, a huge smile on his face as fangirls battle even harder to be <s>Alan Rickman</s> Snape's wife- QUEEN-creature]

O____O

:roflol: Gosh, I really hope it's not Snape. I mean seriously...
How can HE be a prince?

I think it's Hagrid. You know, half-blood, half-giant. *shrugs and walks off*

lol at that icon, can I use it? xD

I keep trying to get my dad to order HBP but he keeps putting it off ;_;. The Barnes and Nobles here always does this big thing where people wait in line all day the day before the release of the book and then at midnight they sell all their copies out before morning and hand out scar tattoos and fake black glasses and stuff xD. I wanna go but my dad says it's too late for me <_<.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:01 am 
PPT God
PPT God

About who is going to die... I don't know if anyone has read the article yet or how much of it is really "news", but here we are--
Bookmakers suspended betting on the ill-fated character's identity last month amid fears of a leak, after large sums were suddenly bet on Professor Dumbledore, the headmaster at Potter's school.

Why would the bookmakers fear a leak if it were untrue?
Now I'm quite sad thinking about Dumbledore dying, as he's so awesome. Harry might be quite lost without his guidance, especially since he's destined to battle it out with Voldemort and all that.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next