Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:37 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:47 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yes, she's certainly boned up on her classics :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:31 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Tharkun, where did you see that Neville and Luna wouldn't get together?

I'm just curious because, I've been checking out http://www.mugglenet.com and it says in the "Rumors that Have been put to a Past" section that Luna and Neville wouldn't get together in the HBP.

And I'm thinking, well, they can still get together in the seventh book.... or something O_O. Not that I want Neville/Luna. Harry/Luna pleaseeee!! (I'm weird...)

With the star thing, there's also (from mugglenet.com)

{
Bellatrix - A pale yellow star indicating the left shoulder of the constellation Orion, the Great Hunter. Bellatrix is known as the "Female Warrior."
}

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:45 am 
PPT God
PPT God

http://www.jkrowling.com/textonly/rumou ... .cfm?id=24

But no, I believe the seventh book is too late to establish a ship for Harry. I wanted Harry/Luna too, you know... mainly because I'm a rabid, moon-vigiling Marauders fan.

As a rabid moon-vigiling Marauders fan, I already knew the star stuff about Bellatrix, although I was confused and was cursing Betelgeuse for quite some time. You know, the last book got me into astrology (well, no actual sun signs) - this book is getting me into tarot (to a degree) - who says Harry Potter doesn't draw you into the occult? ;)

Also:

http://www.mugglenet.com/editorials/edi ... an01.shtml

That editorial makes the strongest case I've seen that R.A.B. is someone other than Regulus. But you know, I still think it's him, especially as JKR said we'd no doubt identify one of the Horcruxes before the week was out, and we identified the Grimmauld Place Locket.

Do what you will; but I will hinder it if I may.

-- Eowyn of the Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:26 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I think the Harry/Luna shippers are pretty much defeated, but nothing wrong with dreaming. Rabid shippers scare the crap out of me, though I suppose you could call me one... Snape/Hermione heheheheheh.

I had to chuckle when I read JKR's comment on Harry/Hermione shippers - "go back and re-read".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:36 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
Twitchy wrote:
regulus was a death eater so it would also have been easier for him to get the horcrux....

Er, no. Not at all. He was a Death Eater, but that doesn't mean he would have known any more about Horcruxes than anyone outside of the DEs.

After all, if Regulus deserted, then others probably did, too. As a result, I doubt Voldemort completely trusts his DEs- they may have been with him for ages, they may have spent their entire lives cursing muggleborns and muggles, but they can change their minds.

Of course, he'd be on them faster than an Acromantula on a fat, juicy elephant if they ever did, seeing how he's a Legilimens, but whatever.

Tharkun wrote:
You know, the last book got me into astrology (well, no actual sun signs) - this book is getting me into tarot (to a degree) - who says Harry Potter doesn't draw you into the occult? ;)

Odd that you say that, as the same happened to me with tarot and HBP.

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:47 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Tharkun wrote:

That editorial makes the strongest case I've seen that R.A.B. is someone other than Regulus. But you know, I still think it's him, especially as JKR said we'd no doubt identify one of the Horcruxes before the week was out, and we identified the Grimmauld Place Locket.

That article was very interesting... Mr. Borgin, eh? I'd never have suspected him, but it sort of makes sense now that I've read it.

Ack, now I don't know whether to think that it's Regulus Black or Mr. Borgin ='(.

Harry Potter didn't really draw me into any fortune-telling methods, because I was already interested in them before I started reading the series ;). Tarot cards are cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:44 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

What if R.A.B. is three people, the first initial of each?

Yes, I know that makes no sence because in the note it says I and things in it, but maybe the note writer was refering to himself.
And hey, Dumbledore said one person couldn't do it by themselves, right? :P

Ah.. I'm so completely clueless it isn't even funny.

Set by Twisted Sanity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:38 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

VeraX wrote:
What if R.A.B. is three people, the first initial of each?

Yes, I know that makes no sence because in the note it says I and things in it, but maybe the note writer was refering to himself.

Ah.. I'm so completely clueless it isn't even funny.

I thought of that, but thinking R____ And B_____

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:06 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Location: Keeping the Hallowe'en spirit all through the year.
VeraX wrote:

Hence (perhaps) Kreacher's madness. Unlike dear Dumbledore, he could survive the drink (yes, I'm saying I think Dumbledore would have died even without anyone AK'ing him), but . . . .

Remember, it couldn't be two full-grown wizards/witches on the boat -- Harry could travel w/ the Headmaster because he wasn't 17 yet. Kreacher could (theoretically) accompany Regulus because he was a house elf.

hiddenneggs / Will
----
"But then again, i think the main reason people invented civilization was to get together and complain about the wild animals eating them." --mousapelli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:40 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Divine wrote:
Tharkun wrote:

That article was very interesting... Mr. Borgin, eh? I'd never have suspected him, but it sort of makes sense now that I've read it.

Ack, now I don't know whether to think that it's Regulus Black or Mr. Borgin ='(.

Harry Potter didn't really draw me into any fortune-telling methods, because I was already interested in them before I started reading the series ;). Tarot cards are cool.

Same here, Regalus seems a bit too... obvious for JKR.

And Borgin never seems that keen on the Dark Arts themselves, only from making money from them. So maybe he became a Death Eater, backed out and took his revenge on Voldemort. It makes sense as JKR loves introducing "minor" characters and then making them a lot more crucial and deep then we initially think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:18 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Josephine wrote:
It makes sense as JKR loves introducing "minor" characters and then making them a lot more crucial and deep then we initially think.

That reminds me of a page I read on mugglenet about anagrams. Ollivander is an anagram of "An Evil Lord". Considering how anagrams are so important in the story (with the Tom Marvolo Riddle/I am Lord Voldemort) and everything, I wouldn't be surprised it he's bad.

And remember, he mysteriously disappeared, too. He didn't die. Just disappeared.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:55 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Divine wrote:
Josephine wrote:
It makes sense as JKR loves introducing "minor" characters and then making them a lot more crucial and deep then we initially think.

That reminds me of a page I read on mugglenet about anagrams. Ollivander is an anagram of "An Evil Lord". Considering how anagrams are so important in the story (with the Tom Marvolo Riddle/I am Lord Voldemort) and everything, I wouldn't be surprised it he's bad.

And remember, he mysteriously disappeared, too. He didn't die. Just disappeared.

And he went on about how great Voldemort was way back in the first book "terrible things but great" or something similar. Plus he was freaky in the film ^_^

Of course R.A.B. could be something other than a name. It could be a phrase or something else significant to the person who did it and Voldemort himself. Or something.

I like the Kreacher theory though, and Borgis makes sense too. Oooh *can't wait for next book damnit!*

Petpet Central

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:35 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Speaking of anagrams, Romilda Vane screams ANAGRAM in blaring neon letters, doesn't it? Too bad I can't come up with anything good.

Ollivander is also an anagram for Live Ronald. And Evil Ronald. And, well, the whole Outcast of Redwall shebang. So I wouldn't read much into it.

Do what you will; but I will hinder it if I may.

-- Eowyn of the Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:23 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

[quote="Tharkun"]Speaking of anagrams, Romilda Vane screams ANAGRAM in blaring neon letters, doesn't it? Too bad I can't come up with anything good.
[\quote]

The only things that I can come up with, and they aren't even really good are...

A Admin Lover (OF Harry's!.. but, proper english is An anyways...)
A Devil Manor
A normal vail (Thinkk seriously... Haha.)
A rival demon
A roman devil

Or of course...

A RANDOM EVIL!

Edit: Don't see anything wrong with the quote tags, so hush, lets just act like it works, k?

1 Edit: Just got thinking of Borgin, and, interestingly, its an anagram for boring.

Set by Twisted Sanity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:46 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I really don't think there's another anagram in the HP series; Rowling already played that card, I doubt she would do it again.

the greatest love story never told.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next