Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:20 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:43 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Must...Read...Elder..O.O haha. I loved the book^_^ and it's amazing that it came from a 19 year old, who started it when he was 15. I was so amazed! Yep, awesome read^^*.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:29 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Wolven Spirits wrote:
Must...Read...Elder..O.O haha. I loved the book^_^ and it's amazing that it came from a 19 year old, who started it when he was 15. I was so amazed! Yep, awesome read^^*.

Eldest*

Wow....4 years to write and publish Eragon! No wonder....like 125 pages a year (since there's about 500 pages) Oh wait....he also needs to publish it. Maybe erm....1 year to find a publisher? :D

Anyway, finished it a LONG time ago *points to last post*. It was quite thrilling with the map, but the Varden's location was too obvious. Either the Beor Mountains or the north forest (whatever it's called) would have to have it, or some other place since the empire is to the west and the east is to...barren.

I like pickles, I like cheese, I like climbing lobster trees!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:59 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Chaud wrote:
Wolven Spirits wrote:

Eldest*

Whoops >.< haha. Thanks for the correction^_^

Ihope he publishes it soon *sigh*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:24 am 

I thought the entire book was a string of cliches... Boring at times too. Also, it needs better copyeditors.

However, I think I will read eldest to see if the author matures.

0_o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:08 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Wolven Spirits wrote:
Chaud wrote:
Wolven Spirits wrote:

Eldest*

Whoops >.< haha. Thanks for the correction^_^

Ihope he publishes it soon *sigh*

Mhm. From the title of the book I'm thinking his whole family dies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:40 pm 

o_0 wrote:
XD I just realized something. That person who wrote it was my grandma's neighbor.
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so cool! I have read Eragon before. It is my absolute favorite. My favorite part, by the way, is when Eragon first uses Magic. I won't spoil the rest for people who haven't read it, but I suggest it. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:27 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

It reminds me of another series I've read called The Shanarra Series, first book being the Sword of Shanarra, which is also much like the Lord of the Rings

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:51 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

It actually was not a direct copy of LOTR or Harry Potter. I loved and enjoyed it. Elder seems just as promising!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:13 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Fiddelysquat wrote:
It actually was not a direct copy of LOTR or Harry Potter. I loved and enjoyed it. Elder seems just as promising!

I don't think it was a direct copy, there were just a ton of similarities.

Also, I don't see the connections between Eragon and Harry Potter o_O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:54 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Amethyst wrote:
Fiddelysquat wrote:

I don't think it was a direct copy, there were just a ton of similarities.

Also, I don't see the connections between Eragon and Harry Potter o_O

There's stuff from Dragonlance too!!! *wails* Has nobody read Dragonlance??? Almost everything about the elves and darwves was originally from Dragonlance! =/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:15 am 
PPT God
PPT God

vivian58 wrote:
There's stuff from Dragonlance too!!! *wails* Has nobody read Dragonlance??? Almost everything about the elves and darwves was originally from Dragonlance! =/

I coulda sworn I saw similarities to The Belgariad, too...

Ali is love.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:22 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

:o The author was 15? My mom was just telling me a couple of months ago (:P) that a person who's 15 and hasn't even ever gone to school before has just published an exceptional novel and it's coming to movies soon... coincidence?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:58 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Tyrannitar wrote:
:o The author was 15? My mom was just telling me a couple of months ago (:P) that a person who's 15 and hasn't even ever gone to school before has just published an exceptional novel and it's coming to movies soon... coincidence?

Yeah.. I'd say he got lucky, really. There are loads of young writers who're probably just as good (or even better :O) than Paolini, but they have yet to be "discovered". Also, he's like 19 now. He was 15 when he started.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:21 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Shadowfare wrote:
Wasn't that the one that Anne Mcaffrey was going to press charges on because of plaguery(sp?), but never did?

Nah, Anne McCaffrey actually gave it a rave review. He did plagiarize, mind, but he plagiarized from practically everything else too, and put it in a stewpot and - well, the ideas didn't look fresh in his hands, but the plot had very little to do with anything he stole ideas from.

Eragon's found a place in my heart, anyway. Especially since the rebel stronghold is a sincerely creepy place. Now THAT is fresh. And Angela is like Trelawney-Tonks, which is a surprisingly good combination. You can really tell that Paolini has cats from Solembum. I like the way words in the Ancient Language relate to English on a sort of subconscious level. Brom's background, of course, rocks.

The dragon is, of course, very, very alive. In the midst of this, though, Paolini has forgotten that A Horse Is Not A Motorcycle. And if a horse WERE a motorcycle, Murtagh would be wildly mood-swingy, sentimental, overly trusting, and so forth, and the only thing remaining of his character would be dubious parentage. I don't know how Murtagh cooks, mind...

(Regarding Eldest: I deeply distrust the Mourning Sage and you know what Brom said about Queen Islanzadi. I have no idea how Roran can take up a good chunk of the book, especially as it said "back in Therinsford", meaning he's not going ANYWHERE. Only thing that comes to mind is Galbatorix, for some reason, deciding Therinsford needs a good bull-whip. I bet the Menoa Tree is in this book. If nothing happens to Zar'roc, then ownership will transfer to Murtagh. The Twins will be the King's agents, it's very predictable but come ON, what else could it be? Brom is Eragon's father. Major squick, but Morzan had children at a pretty advanced age, didn't he? And there have been plenty of hints to that effect.)

Do what you will; but I will hinder it if I may.

-- Eowyn of the Mark

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3