Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2024 11:57 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:34 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

atomicblonde wrote:
Fantastic theory on why Snape acted as he did. Even if you don't agree, it's still a good read:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/denori ... tml#cutid1

Nice theory. I have another chink I could put into place on that. It's a fact that both Dumbledore and Snape were both skilled in Occulmancy and Legimancy so maybe Dumbledore tried to convince Snape to kill him that way and keep Draco safe when he had proved that he was not a murderer but was scared for his life and his family...

It's coming...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:36 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: In my own little world... but at least they know me here! (DFW)
*sob* I don't cry at books, but I was sobbing and shaking by the end of it... Poor Dumbledore!!! We had a thunderstorm blow up out of nowhere here, right after I finished it, and I must say it reflects my mood...

On pairing notes, my friend and I were coming up with "theories" on the new book last night, and predicted Bill/Fleur and Heron/Chocolate... Tonks/Lupin wasn't one I expected, though...

I was so upset that Harry broke up with Ginny!!! WHY?!?!?!?! He had better kill Voldie, and get back with her... *nod*

What if they don't have a seventh year at Hogwarts?! Will it just be Harry, and possibly Ron and Hermione, looking for the Horcruxs (sp?)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:55 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I got my hands on this book Thursday night at 11:37 p.m.

I sat down to read it and to be honest with you it has taken me quite a while to process all I have read.

All I can finally come up with is: Best HP book ever!

I don't have theories, I don't have complaints and I don't have any tears left...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:05 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: In my room listening to Hardcore Metal Christian music.
Harry getting back with Ginny?

Pah. Voldy will kidnap her and then get Ron to come save her, thus bringing Harry and Hermione and whoever-the-hell wants to come along (i.e. Luna, Neville, Seamus, Blaise, -insert random people unrelated to the plot of the story-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:20 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I cried when Dumbledore died, and me crying at a book is phenomenal. But after I thought about it for a bit, I was delighted! Even though he's dead, HARRY CAN STILL TALK TO HIM! The portraits of the Headmasters, remember?!

DUMBLEDORE LIVES! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:21 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I finished it, after about 4 hours of semi-frequently interupted reading. Somewhat depressing, though oddly satisfying.

SPOILERS:

Aww, I figured Dumbledore would die, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I liked Snape!! WHY!?!?

I loved the whole pensive-backstory thing...Merope and her ******* brother and dad...

RON/HERMIONE AND HARRY/GINNY FOREVER!!! W00T!!!

I do NOT like the Remus/Tonks thing. Probably because I'm a Sirius/Remus shipper, but meh. Of course, it could be because they both lost the man they loved... :evil:

Quote:
"Yes"
"Yes sir"
"You don't need to call me sir."

I LOVED that!!!

About the storyline bit that was cut from book 2, I'm almost certain it was the Horcrux bit, since the diary was one.

Kakyuu wrote:
OH and are they going to have a portrait of Dumby in the headmaster's office?

page 626 in the US version wrote:
And a new portrait had joined the ranks of the dead headmasters and headmistresses of Hogwarts: Dumbledore was slumbering in a golden frame over the desk, his half-moon spectacles perched upon his crooked nose, looking peaceful and untroubled.

Sorry, but he really is dead.

I am, and forever will be, The Queer Alpaca
they/them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:26 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Robin wrote:
"page 626 in the US version"]And a new portrait had joined the ranks of the dead headmasters and headmistresses of Hogwarts: Dumbledore was slumbering in a golden frame over the desk, his half-moon spectacles perched upon his crooked nose, looking peaceful and untroubled.

Oh, of course his body is dead, but the portraits seem to be like copies of the real people. The portrait can still give advice, and it will be extremely comforting to know that Harry can still talk to Dumbledore's portrait.

Last edited by Fiddelysquat on Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:27 am 
PPT God
PPT God

.....Now for the latest mystery, who is R. A. B?

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Chocolate 4eva!
And for the sake of making a name, Weremorphosis too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:32 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

(*Dranzer*) wrote:

Chocolate 4eva!

I KNOW WHO IT IS!

It's Sirius Black's brother! The initials all fit! Remember? His name started with an "R", the "A" is prolly his middle name, and "B" for Black! He called him the Dark Lord which means he was in his service at some point. Only followers call him that. We know he wanted to back out but Voldemort wouldn't let him, so I can see him hating Voldemort for that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:34 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Fiddelysquat wrote:
Robin wrote:
"And a new portrait had joined the ranks of the dead headmasters and headmistresses of Hogwarts: Dumbledore was slumbering in a golden frame over the desk, his half-moon spectacles perched upon his crooked nose, looking peaceful and untroubled.

Oh, of course his body is dead, but the portraits seem to be like copies of the real people. The portrait can still give advice, and it will be extremely comforting to know that Harry can still talk to Dumbledore's portrait.

Oh, I meant that too.. its just that Kaykuu had mentioned a denial theory, about him not being dead in body... Yeah, he can still communicate through the portrait.

I am, and forever will be, The Queer Alpaca
they/them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:54 am 
PPT God
PPT God

The portrait won't help.

Harry's left Hogwarts.

And the name is Regulas, Fiddley.

"Long dead?" He WAS killed a few days after.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:29 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Fiddelysquat wrote:
(*Dranzer*) wrote:

Chocolate 4eva!

I KNOW WHO IT IS!

It's Sirius Black's brother! The initials all fit! Remember? His name started with an "R", the "A" is prolly his middle name, and "B" for Black! He called him the Dark Lord which means he was in his service at some point. Only followers call him that. We know he wanted to back out but Voldemort wouldn't let him, so I can see him hating Voldemort for that!

That, dearest Fidds, is a stroke of genius.

He was killed two days after he deflected though, I wonder if the time frame would suffice..

generally unimpressed. Koku.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:31 am 
PPT God
PPT God

In the myth of Remus and Romulus, did they have a middle name? A Last name?

Also, has Siirus' full name ever been mentioned?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:57 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Fiddelysquat wrote:
I cried when Dumbledore died, and me crying at a book is phenomenal. But after I thought about it for a bit, I was delighted! Even though he's dead, HARRY CAN STILL TALK TO HIM! The portraits of the Headmasters, remember?!

DUMBLEDORE LIVES! :D

And that is the only thing that has made me feel better since I finished the book 10 minutes ago.
I'm still so very upset though. It doesn't help that people are making fun of me for being upset over a book.
I don't even know what else to say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:08 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Wait, do people get 'blasted through the air' when Avada kadavra'd? I thought they crumpled to the ground.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29  Next