Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:20 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:09 am 

Oh man! I LOVED Good Omens! I bought it at a thrift store, and then my whole family fought over it. I think everyone in my house has read it more than once. ^__^ Good stuff! I liked dog.

"Living by my wits I was not getting far, I thought I'd do better living off my charms." -World/Inferno F.S.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:17 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

"Life in this world is, as it were, a sojourn in the cave. What can we know of reality? For all we see of the true nature of existence is, shall we say, no more than bewildering and amusing shadows cast upon the inner wall of the cave by the unseen blinding light of absolute truth, from which we may or may not deduce some glimmer of veracity, and we troglodyte seekers of wisdom can only lift our voices to the unseen and say, humbly,

"Go on, do Deformed Rabbit...its my favourite."

Genius.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:42 am 
PPT God
PPT God

:cry: you guys probably won't believe me, but terry pratchett was in the city today! and i had just finished my chem exam, walked through city, and saw him!! it was a book signing thing, and unfortunately, having isloated myself from the world for the past month, i've heard nothing about this, and the line, um, it ran pretty much for about 4oom of people... and i needed to go home :( 2 more exams to go *sobs* so i missed my one oppertunity to get my favorite book (unadulterate cat, sitting in my bag ready to be read for the upteenth time) signed by my favorite author! *sigh* the world is evil *grumbles* i guess i also didn't hear about it since it was organised by angus and robertson, which are the main rivals to the bookstore i frequent, haven't had a good history with A&R so tend to avoid it, what a shame :(

Jim, i don't recognise that reference, which book is that from?

If you see my sanity, get it to give me a call.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:23 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

autechre wrote:
:cry: you guys probably won't believe me, but terry pratchett was in the city today! and i had just finished my chem exam, walked through city, and saw him!! it was a book signing thing, and unfortunately, having isloated myself from the world for the past month, i've heard nothing about this, and the line, um, it ran pretty much for about 4oom of people... and i needed to go home :( 2 more exams to go *sobs* so i missed my one oppertunity to get my favorite book (unadulterate cat, sitting in my bag ready to be read for the upteenth time) signed by my favorite author! *sigh* the world is evil *grumbles* i guess i also didn't hear about it since it was organised by angus and robertson, which are the main rivals to the bookstore i frequent, haven't had a good history with A&R so tend to avoid it, what a shame :(

Unlucky, mate. That really sucks :(

autechre wrote:
Jim, i don't recognise that reference, which book is that from?

Its from Small Gods :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2