Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:40 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:26 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: In my own little world... but at least they know me here! (DFW)
Igg wrote:
Cassi wrote:
JellyFish72 wrote:
Actually, you can get ALL languages off of the American Amazon, I believe (each language with it's corresponding cover), pluse the UK Edition... You can even get it in Latin, though why anyone would want it in Latin is beyond me...

Really? That's news to me. I always got Stu to buy me the UK version. =)

We were going to get a copy in latin.

JellyFish, i'd assume it's for people learning latin to make it more enjoyable, and them able to put it into a context?

I'm learning Latin, and I still don't see the point of it, though I am taking Spanish, and we're reading PoA there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:44 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yeah, I'm doing latin too.

Basically, when learning another language, anything you can do in the language is a plus. Reading books in a foreign language is encouraged.
If it's a book you already know, it's better, because there'll be the words you understand, then you'll be able to work out the rest because you know the story.
A popular book like a Harry Potter book will be more attractive to students.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:30 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
Lalala, spoilers for OOTP. Highlight to read.

Quote:
JellyFish72 wrote:
*Spoiler!!!*
Because of how she liked him until recent books, and then at the end of OotP, Ron gives Harry a furitive look on the train, over something Ginny said... I don't remember all I noticed last time I read OotP, but that just stood out to me...
*End Spoiler!!!*

When Ginny announces to everyone in the compartment that she and Michael Corner have broken up, Ron tells her that he hopes that next time, she'll choose a better boyfriend. As he says this, he glances not-so-subtly at Harry and I, along with every other Harry/Ginny shipper on the planet, melt into a puddle of squealing, fangirling glee.

And then Ginny informs him (Ron) that she's now dating Dean Thomas. I, the puddle of fangirl, quickly evaporate.

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:27 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

...Alex wrote:

Quote:
JellyFish72 wrote:
*Spoiler!!!*
Because of how she liked him until recent books, and then at the end of OotP, Ron gives Harry a furitive look on the train, over something Ginny said... I don't remember all I noticed last time I read OotP, but that just stood out to me...
*End Spoiler!!!*

When Ginny announces to everyone in the compartment that she and Michael Corner have broken up, Ron tells her that he hopes that next time, she'll choose a better boyfriend. As he says this, he glances not-so-subtly at Harry and I, along with every other Harry/Ginny shipper on the planet, melt into a puddle of squealing, fangirling glee.

And then Ginny informs him (Ron) that she's now dating Dean Thomas. I, the puddle of fangirl, quickly evaporate.

Well, there was that one line in OotP where Harry thought Hermione going to Ron to dissuade him from going into Umbridge's office was like Mrs. Weasley appealing to her husband.

I think that's a pretty obvious Ron/Hermione hint.

For now I'm sticking with R/Hr and H/G. But hey, we'll find out...eventually enough...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:44 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: In my own little world... but at least they know me here! (DFW)
...Alex wrote:

Quote:
JellyFish72 wrote:
*Spoiler!!!*
*End Spoiler!!!*

Well, I think that (Highlight to read...)

Quote:
Even though she say's she's dating Dean Thomas indirectly, I think it's foreshadowing that she and Harry are going to get together...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:57 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I'm not that bothered about who Harry ends up with, along as it's not Cho (SHE'S SO ANNOYING) or Hermione, because... just nah.

I'm positive he's going to die at the end anyway... so ah well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:40 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
How many of you are planning on purchasing the Deluxe Edition of HBP? It's supposed to have about 32 pages of only art, and exclusive, never-before-seen art, at that.

Me? I'll probably buy both the regular and deluxe editions of the book. Well, if I can find the money by July 16, anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:03 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: New Jersey. The state we love to hate and hate to love.
...Alex wrote:
How many of you are planning on purchasing the Deluxe Edition of HBP? It's supposed to have about 32 pages of only art, and exclusive, never-before-seen art, at that.

Me? I'll probably buy both the regular and deluxe editions of the book. Well, if I can find the money by July 16, anyway.

I never heard of the Deluxe Edition. Hmmm, I hope I can buy it...or rather, I hope I recieve it for my birthday. Does it come out on July 16th?
I'll definetley have to ask my mom's boyfriend Steve about it. (He works with Scholastic and gets to see the books before they hit the shelves...lucky.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:49 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Wow, there's a Deluxe Edition? I'll probably look at it before I make my decision.

All I know is that I'm getting it at midnight, reading it, and then laughing at the UKers who still won't have even been able to buy it yet ;)

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:37 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Alex wrote:
All I know is that I'm getting it at midnight, reading it, and then laughing at the UKers who still won't have even been able to buy it yet ;)

And the Americans too.

I'm gonna make sure to avoid you.

I'm just buying the standard American edition, because that's what I've done so far. Eventually in ten years or so there'll probably be a super-deluxe boxed set of all seven, or something. And I'll spend a snall fortune on it.

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:03 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Oh they'll most likely have a huge box set of all of them once they're all out. I imagine it'd be sooo expensive, but I'll probably buy it anyway just to have it. :P
Wahoo, I'm wearing my Gryffindor shirt today. I can imagine myself on July 16th...I think I may just dress up and go out in public...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:43 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

AFI_Sorrow wrote:
Oh they'll most likely have a huge box set of all of them once they're all out. I imagine it'd be sooo expensive, but I'll probably buy it anyway just to have it. :P
Wahoo, I'm wearing my Gryffindor shirt today. I can imagine myself on July 16th...I think I may just dress up and go out in public...

I can imagine it now. I'll dress up in my Ravenclaw scarf (in the heat of July! But I did it in the heat of June last year to see the PoA movie). Going to the book release party at Books-A-Million, and being all excited and then finally getting the book and staying up all night to read it.

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:49 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I really want to wear a proper (well, PoA-movie based) costume (robes, wand, uniform (tie, dark charcoal-gray wrap skirt with two box pleats on the front, a white dress shirt, black tights, black Mary Janes) to the release, but I suck at sewing, carving (wand!) and such. After realizing that, I looked at websites offering HP costumes and the like.

I'm in love with most of what I saw, but everything's so expensive! I can understand robes being expensive, as they're gigantic, body-covering pieces of clothing, with the inside covered with another layer of cloth... But loads of other things I've seen are just "OMG." expensive.

The cheapest wands I saw were for ten dollars, but those were really, really poor quality. The one wand I've seen that I really like (and think fits my personality) is this one by Whirlwood, and it's $59.

I think I'll just buy a white t-shirt and paint (with fabric paint, obviously) 'Ban Sparklypoo' on the front. And then 'Sparklypoo' on the back, inside one of those circle-with-the-diagonal-line-through-it things. Hey, might as well do something that only a portion of the fandom will understand. It'd be nice to meet nice people who hate Mary Sues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:52 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

...Alex wrote:
The cheapest wands I saw were for ten dollars, but those were really, really poor quality. The one wand I've seen that I really like (and think fits my personality) is this one by Whirlwood, and it's $59.

But does it have a unicorn hair core? ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:40 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I'm thinking of making my own wand. O___O *gets out saw* I have seen the ten dollar ones in costume stores, but they're plastic and look like they'd fall apart so easily. Blah!

My mom's boyfriend and I were having a discussion a while ago about what we think will happen in the latest book. (It's pretty weird talking to my mom's forty something year old boyfriend about Harry Potter, while my mom has NO idea what we're going on about.)
I just hope no one I really love dies. *sniffles* I'm a sucker for sad parts in books.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next