Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:37 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:17 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I get your LSOH analogy, Tharkun.

Shame that in reality Macbeth was actually a very good King, and people weren't all that bothered about how he got the throne :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:59 am 
PPT God
PPT God

On second thought, now I've finished the play, and yes, Macbeth is evil. I mean, sure, he's damned to hell no matter what he does, but that's no excuse to kill a trusted friend - going against known fate, no less, when Fate has cleary been carried out thus far. I mean, there's fear of hellfire, and then there's basic consideration. Macbeth is sorely lacking in the latter. Says he has to kill loads of people to desensitize himself to violence, rather than taking the other route and salving his conscience. Win friends, and you won't have to kill so many potential enemies. And you could (theoretically) sleep better at night. But no, he'd rather kill everyone who might theoretically oppose them, and their goldfish too, freely admitting that he doesn't want to think it through. Macbeth may have started out merely weak, but he's definitely evil by the play's end.

Do what you will; but I will hinder it if I may.

-- Eowyn of the Mark

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2