Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:02 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:40 pm 

Yeah, I agree with most of the things you've all said.

Loads of people seem to like LOTR. I don't really like it that much, but I haven't read the books, so I don't know if I just don't like the films as I haven't read the books. =P

Yeah I agree with Alex about the HP films, I liked the PoA one though. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:01 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: the petpet puddle, searching for pet matches. my gorgeous set is by _jaye_.
logan's run the movie is 100% better than the book. i also enjoyed fight club better as a movie. and the lord of the rings movies were a breath of fresh air to me, after slogging through those horribly-written books.

other than that, though, you just get more out of books. little things that can't be captured on screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:39 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Books and literatures are better than the movies, IMO.

// set by paola

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:26 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

...Alex wrote:
What xerai said. It really depends.

For example, I loathe the HP movies (though I'm starting to warm up to PoA, if only for the cool factor of how it looks). I love the books. Love, love, love, <b><i>love</i></b> the books.

I love the LotR movies. I also like the books. I don't know which I prefer, books or movies.

Eh.

It's kinda the same way for me. I don't care much for the Harry Potter movies. They leave out too much stuff. But I really like the books.

But with LOTR, I prefer the movies over the books. I like the books, just prefer the movies. Maybe because I saw the movies before I had read any of the books.

But generally, like 90% of the time, I will go with the book rather than the movie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:30 pm 

In my experiance the only time a movie has bested a book is The Wizard of Oz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:38 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

generally prefer reading a book, although movies are much quicker! so i cheated for the series of unfortunate events.. the movie was quite good :)

but i think even lotrs, the books were better, although marginally, :)

If you see my sanity, get it to give me a call.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:39 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I, being a book fiend, will always read a book before I see the movie. I find it far easier to envelope onesself in the plot that way. Either that or you can complain to the people you're with about how stupid the movie is compared to the book.

[somewhat humorous story]When I first read Harry Potter, about a month or two after they started getting national recognition, I imagined that Harry looked something like me with a scar and glasses. When they started making the movie and I saw Daniel Radcliffe for the first time, I was like, holy cow! That kid looks almost exactly like me. And he has the same first name Now, of course, I've grown a bit older and my face has changed a bit, but this summer, I swear I got asked at least once a day if I played Harry Potter. Sometimes, it scares me when real die-hards come up and call me by name.[/somewhat humorous story]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:50 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Alex wrote:
I prefer books, because you can imagine the character in your own way. With movies, it takes the imagination away from it.

I've also found that movies aren't always true to the books - or they leave things out.

So true. I've only pictured one thing the same as the movie-- Rikki-Tikki-Tavi. And the movie is word-for-word the story, except they give Darzee's wife some of his lines. Plus I saw the movie first.

I don't think I've ever liked a movie mo-
Wait..
I preferred Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame...
the original was WAAAY too pervy.

But that's it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2