Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:47 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:28 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

On a side note, there's something that bugs me. Harry couldn't see thestrals until the fifth book. Didn't he witness his parent's death when he was young? So are there complications with Avada Kadavra? I'm so confuzzled.

Also, does Mark Evans have any relation to Lily?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:20 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

(*Dranzer*) wrote:
On a side note, there's something that bugs me. Harry couldn't see thestrals until the fifth book. Didn't he witness his parent's death when he was young? So are there complications with Avada Kadavra? I'm so confuzzled.

Also, does Mark Evans have any relation to Lily?

JKR answered both questions ages ago:p Harry's parents' death didn't really affect him that way because he was too little to remember them.
Mark Evans is no one, Evans is just a common last name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:04 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I think the new Minister for Magic will be Mr. Weasley...

Because in OoTP, Ron said something like "Oh, come on Hermione, we've got as much chance for winning the quiddich cup as dad has for being minister of magic!"

Gryffindor won the Quiddich Cup.

There's a new minister of magic.

So, um, yeah, I think it could be Mr. Weasley.

that's me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:27 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I killed the thread, apparently, so I thought a fresh start was in order.

Does anyone know of the Chess Set Theory, where the chess game in PS/SS is a metaphor for the Second War? I believe in it, but I think there's more to it than the bishop. At least I ruddy well hope so, because whoever this bishop is can't be so important, and I see no cause-and-effect relationship... well anyway, if you don't know the Chess Set Theory, the paragraph beginning with "their first real shock" is a good place to start unraveling.

Also, I don't think Ron Weasley is the knight. I think Neville is, because anyone who looks that cool while being pwned with a plugged nose has to amount to something. But this theory does not help me sleep at night, believe you me.

Do what you will; but I will hinder it if I may.

-- Eowyn of the Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:02 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I read a lot of theorys lately. I used to think that Percy was evil, but after reading this thread I don't think he is. Someone has tried to decode his letter. He uses "I am afraid" and "I feel bound" and "see if you can spot your's truly" and many other things in his letter as codes to lead someone to guess he may be held prisoner someplace! He goes crazy when he thinks that Ron could get hurt in the Tri wizard Tornament, yet won't see his dying Dad? That doesn't seem like him. Anyway, none of this is my idea, I am just agreeing with it. This is the thread to which I refer:

http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=41938

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:38 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

smudgeoffudge wrote:
I read a lot of theorys lately. I used to think that Percy was evil, but after reading this thread I don't think he is. Someone has tried to decode his letter. He uses "I am afraid" and "I feel bound" and "see if you can spot your's truly" and many other things in his letter as codes to lead someone to guess he may be held prisoner someplace! He goes crazy when he thinks that Ron could get hurt in the Tri wizard Tornament, yet won't see his dying Dad? That doesn't seem like him. Anyway, none of this is my idea, I am just agreeing with it. This is the thread to which I refer:

The header looks positively Galadriel Waters, but you know what? The theory works. I wondered how he could have sent Hermes, but Hedwig always knows where Harry is, so if there's a window wherever he is, it's far from impossible.

It doesn't necessarily have to be Peter, but there ARE going to be a lot of land mines in CoS, so...

-- Eowyn of the Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:15 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

smudgeoffudge wrote:

You know what, I wouldn't be surprised if that were true.

that's me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:10 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

jellyoflight wrote:
smudgeoffudge wrote:

You know what, I wouldn't be surprised if that were true.

Wow...that's just...wow.

Most of the theories I've seen there are rubbish (including the entire Harmonian ship XD), but this actually seems plausible...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:55 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Robin wrote:
Ok, there are a billion ways to bring Sirius back, but most are unlikely. I've heard EVERYTHING from it-wasn't-sirius-who-fell-but-really-someone-using-polyjuice-potion, to getting a favor from god and cloning the body to bring him back to, to an ancient potion that Dumbledore didn't mention so he didn't get Harry's hopes up, to Harry using a time turner and I could go on and on.... anyway, if she wanted to do it, she could.

One I HAVEN'T heard (until I made it up) is "JKR is witholding loads of info on Broderick Bode, which is sufficiently awesome to bring her to tears when he dies." Which I made up in parody, but was alluring for a while until I got knocked back to my senses. It's the DEATH ROOM.

If J.K. Rowling is really cruel (and she is, if you've ever re-read OotP) she might treat ye of sandy bowler to a sequence I call "The Many-Coloured Rider," after Tolkien's legacy of "pulling a Gandalf." It'll be a tough one for me to resist as well, but I'm going to have to.

Also, when JKR shot down Neville/Luna, she also shot down Harry/Luna, I've realized. She said it was because Neville and Luna don't have enough in common, but, warm fuzzy dialogue aside, they actually have more in common than Harry and Luna do. Curse of the Singing Brussels Sprouts! I was really hoping for that one...

-- Eowyn of the Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:40 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

**pushes thread back up**
In case anyone hasn't seen them yet, the covers for the book have been released:

U.S. Cover
British Cover
Adult Cover

People (on LJ) are saying that that's not a pensieve in the U.S. Cover, because it's too stationary, my response was:

Quote:
Ok, I'm saying that's totally a pensieve. My immediate reaction when I first saw the cover was "OMG A PENSIEVE!".
To me, it doesn't look like it's attached to the pedestal, merely sitting atop it. And that doesn't necessarily mean it'll be sitting atop a pedestal in the book, it may've just been drawn that way, as opposed to on a desk or table, so that what's behind it, or *not* behind it would be more visible. Anyone else notice that the bottom halves of Harry and Dumbledore's bodies seem to be missing? Perhaps they're being sucked into the pensieve.
Also, I really hope it's a pensieve, because if it is, it really supports the theories I have about the books. And I really hope my theories are right, because if they are, I get to gloat it over the people that don't believe me. Heeheee.

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:09 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I saw that on the news yesterday :) I think it's a pensieve too...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:52 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

If you look closely on the UK version, you'll see that Dumbledoor and Harry are HOLDING the fire, somehow. I think this could be some kind of weapon they use.

Also, the adult cover features a book called Advanced Potion Making. Perhaps this is a hint that Harry passes his Potions exam?

that's me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:08 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

jellyoflight wrote:
Also, the adult cover features a book called Advanced Potion Making. Perhaps this is a hint that Harry passes his Potions exam?

Or a hint that Harry and friends are delving into more potions from the restricted section ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:22 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Probably the former.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:26 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Sapphire Faerie wrote:
**pushes thread back up**
In case anyone hasn't seen them yet, the covers for the book have been released:

U.S. Cover
British Cover
Adult Cover

People (on LJ) are saying that that's not a pensieve in the U.S. Cover, because it's too stationary, my response was:

Quote:
Ok, I'm saying that's totally a pensieve. My immediate reaction when I first saw the cover was "OMG A PENSIEVE!".
To me, it doesn't look like it's attached to the pedestal, merely sitting atop it. And that doesn't necessarily mean it'll be sitting atop a pedestal in the book, it may've just been drawn that way, as opposed to on a desk or table, so that what's behind it, or *not* behind it would be more visible. Anyone else notice that the bottom halves of Harry and Dumbledore's bodies seem to be missing? Perhaps they're being sucked into the pensieve.
Also, I really hope it's a pensieve, because if it is, it really supports the theories I have about the books. And I really hope my theories are right, because if they are, I get to gloat it over the people that don't believe me. Heeheee.

I believe the british cover is the one Canada will recieve. I actually love it. I love the british covers better than the United States (Which I think are all ugly) and the adult version.

Can't wait to read this book. I hope it's better than Order of the Pheniox which in my opinion, wasn't very good at all.

Set by Medli

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next