Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:03 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:20 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Oooh, an rp? I haven't done that in the longest time... *hint hint**wink wink*

And for anyone who read the CoM ones, can you please tell me why the first one was called Sandry's Book? It was just as much about Sandry as it was about the other three. My cousin tells me that Tris's Book is more appropriately named, which wouldn't be hard.

I think my favorite character in all her books is at this point Briar, from CoM. He's probably the least predictable. It kind of bothers me how Daja and Tris keep going "I hate you all... but now I will save you... but I still hate you!" For some reason I can understand Briar's reluctance to accept these people as his friends, and accept an honest life. I don't know, I just think that he's more carefully written than the others. Sandry is so accepting it's annoying.

Clicky!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:22 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Well, from my perspective, Since Sandry tied them all together (with the string with four lumps...), that's why it's Sandry's book...

Ooh. It's pretty. :D See all the pretty presents? They can be yours if you vote for me. Yet, none of you know me. T_T How sad. There's no way to get the pretty presents then. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:01 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I received the Protector of the Small series for Christmas, and I finally got around to finishing the final book this past weekend.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed how oddly perfect she was. I was absolutely amazed she didn't find a man of her dreams at the end. =p

The books were a good way to pass the time. I haven't read any of her other series yet though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:17 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Base wrote:
And for anyone who read the CoM ones, can you please tell me why the first one was called Sandry's Book? It was just as much about Sandry as it was about the other three. My cousin tells me that Tris's Book is more appropriately named, which wouldn't be hard.

I know what you mean. I always thought that it was a bit strange as well because she was never really the focus of the book. While in the second one is was obvious that Tris was. In the end though it was mainly becasue of her that they were able to get in trouble, but still, it's not the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:02 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
Monique wrote:
You're all far too harsh. The books aren't meant to be some sort of literary masterpiece, just an enjoyable piece of fiction.

To criticise something because you find that something about it makes it worse than it should/could have been isn't being harsh, it's voicing your opinion on the matter.

TP's tendancy to make the main characters of her books perfect or/and cliché can be quite irritating, so people speak up about that. =/

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2