Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:08 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

lionheartwitty wrote:
Anything by good old P.G. Wodehouse gets me laughing. If you understand English humor, or want to, his books are enriched with it. I also reccomend Terry Pratchett, though he sometimes can be crude.

Oh excellent, I wasn't aware there were many people on here who like him :D

I love the German teacher too Twinkle... 'just step back a bit so we can all your leiderhosen in the picture...'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:14 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: New Jersey. The state we love to hate and hate to love.
Igg wrote:
lionheartwitty wrote:
Anything by good old P.G. Wodehouse gets me laughing. If you understand English humor, or want to, his books are enriched with it. I also reccomend Terry Pratchett, though he sometimes can be crude.

Oh excellent, I wasn't aware there were many people on here who like him :D

I love the German teacher too Twinkle... 'just step back a bit so we can all your leiderhosen in the picture...'

...and now we really do have a picture of Herr Kaymer in his koala sweater. Hehe. I hope they come out with more books in that series. I loved when they went to France and Jas took a picture of the pigeons. Well, how will we know that they are French pigeons? ...We'll just draw little striped shirts on them.

I just remembered that I do know of the Far Side. I was reading some of the comics from it in this HUGE book at Border's Pretty cute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:16 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

When they went on a trip and Herr Kaymer said "Ach! Here ve are!" and stepped out of the wrong side of the carriage and fell out. :roflol: Libby rocks too.

It's coming...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:09 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Oit, Libby is disturbing.
Mr and Mrs Next Door are rather cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:51 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

GAH! THAT'S what I meant to order off Amazon! I've only read the first two. And now it's too late. ::pouts::

Ali is love.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:16 am 
PPT God
PPT God

If you like the Georgia Nicholson series, I love All-American Girl by Meg Cabot...in fact, anything by Meg Cabot. :P

Any posts made from this username after midnight PST and before I sleep for ten hours are not guaranteed to make sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:02 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: New Jersey. The state we love to hate and hate to love.
Sock wrote:
If you like the Georgia Nicholson series, I love All-American Girl by Meg Cabot...in fact, anything by Meg Cabot. :P

AHA! Thank you for reminding me. *super hug* I loved Princess Diaries and I knew she had another book, I couldn't think of the name. Yay! I'm going to look into that and the Hitchhiker's Guide to Galaxy then. Wahoo! Thank you everyone. Now I just need for midterms to end so I can stop studying and cram my brain with something other than schoolwork. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:23 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Another good one is Big Trouble by Dave Barry... dirt-cheap on Amazon! In hardback, even, it's less than a buck. Dunno why, it's hilarious! I'd say as a book it's... PG-13? The book is a bit more mature than the movie, y'see, which is also quite funny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:19 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I'd go with "America the Book: A Citizen Guide to Democracy Inaction" or Naked Pictures of Famous People

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:39 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Flipped by Wendelin van Draanen! It was so cute - one of the few non-fantasy/classic books that I've absolutely loved. Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli is excellent, too. Oh! Squashed and Hope Was Here by Joan Bauer. Those are good as well! Ah, yes, I realize these are all kind of young, but I can't honestly say I care to read any of those "real-life situation" novels that are basically 100% trash, and I have the attention span of like.. a three year old. So the kids section is my friend. XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:52 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Well, if you're more of in to fantasy you could try Sorcery and Cecilia or Cecilia and the Enchanted Chocolate Pot by Caroline Stevermer and Patricia C. Wrede =) It is so hilarious...I believe Howl's Moving Castle was along those lines but definitely that book by the two was hilarious :lol:

Ooh. It's pretty. :D See all the pretty presents? They can be yours if you vote for me. Yet, none of you know me. T_T How sad. There's no way to get the pretty presents then. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:50 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Syrill wrote:
Well, if you're more of in to fantasy you could try Sorcery and Cecilia or Cecilia and the Enchanted Chocolate Pot by Caroline Stevermer and Patricia C. Wrede =) It is so hilarious...I believe Howl's Moving Castle was along those lines but definitely that book by the two was hilarious :lol:

Ah! I bought Sorcery and Cecilia about a month ago, but got distracted with schoolwork! I'll definitely have to pick that one back up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:27 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Riddikulus wrote:
Syrill wrote:

Ah! I bought Sorcery and Cecilia about a month ago, but got distracted with schoolwork! I'll definitely have to pick that one back up.

O.o Correct me if I'm wrong about it...it's been a while since I read it and I do believe it was pretty hilarious...=)

Ooh. It's pretty. :D See all the pretty presents? They can be yours if you vote for me. Yet, none of you know me. T_T How sad. There's no way to get the pretty presents then. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:25 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Hmmm, I never think of books as devices of just humor, but I have read annd love almost all the books in here. An addition I would make, though, is some of Mark Twain's short stories or maybe some of his novels like A Connecticut Yankee in King Aurthur's Cours or Tom Sawyer. I can't remember how 'funny' the Prince and the Pauper was, but it sticks in my mind as the best book he wrote.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:16 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Cassi wrote:
If you're going for the Far Side, The Complete Far Side is so worth the enormous price tag. ::hugs it::

The Far Side is the absolute BEST! :D *pets her 7 Far Side books* Actually, you just reminded me I have to add the books I don't have to my Amazon.com wishlist

But the book that I've always thought was funny is Brain Droppings by George Carlin. This is the first book I've ever read that actually made me laugh out loud while I was reading it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2