Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:46 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:01 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Gotta love Misty Lackey's books :D , I've read all of the valdemar series, it's easier to the valdemar series in the local libraries then her otehr books somehow (except the owlflight series, not sure if that counts) loved the last herald mage series and just finished exile's valor, I'm wait for her other year 2004 books like fairy godmother to hit the local bookstores though, I've read most of her old books.

I started reading fantasy with David Eddings, for some strange reason i think "Regina's Song" was pretty spooky, even though I've read a lot of what are called thrillers..... but his most recent elder gods series has a famliar tang...

I like Nix, though I've only read the Abhorsen series and and Shade's Children...... can anyone tell me what other books he has?

Another author I got hooked on recently is Ann Bishop, I preferred her "Daughter of the Blood" series, bit dark though.

Robin Hobbs is not bad too, She only one series I think, she just finished it this year, kind of long winded, but beautiful language :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:48 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Hehe, yeah, I love the Valdemar series the most I think^__^ The others are awesome though, I have to say. I quite enjoyed the Fairy Godmother.

Garth Nix...Hmmm, The Ragwitch...Very good book^^* *tries to rack her brain* Hmmm, but I'm afraid I can't think of any others at the moment o.O;

As for Ann Bishop, I think I've read some of her books. They're quite good, if I remember correctly^__^ I've only read three though, I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:37 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I was a big Lackey fan, but her latest books have been below her usually high standards. If you now a lot of the old stories, you can see some very obvious 'rips' off of them. I am not talking about her famous rewrites; many of which are excellent!

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:33 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

ann bishop is fantastic in the black jewels trilogy, loved it! it was very original and interesting, loved how her world and social structures were constructed, it really worked very well :)

having major problems finding any mercedes lackeyy books in the library system, have to call in books, and i can't, because i already have like 5 requests out already :P

david eddings is so good though! :P but after reading polgara, the belgraid ect, found it very hard to get into his other books.. did you know he's actually publishes the riven codex? found it boring though..

robin hobb.. isn't that like the liveship and fools books? i read the liveship series (sp?) but only read the first couple of other books, mainly because, the library doesn't have them *sigh* but shes also very good :)

If you see my sanity, get it to give me a call.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:22 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

autechre wrote:
david eddings is so good though! :P but after reading polgara, the belgraid ect, found it very hard to get into his other books.. did you know he's actually publishes the riven codex? found it boring though..

I found that same problem...I'd liked those books so much, I thought I'd try to read some of his others, but I just couldn't get into them. I've seen about the Riven Codex, but it seemed like it would be boring and not worth the money. =P

Ali is love.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2