SHHH!!! Can you read? Want to prove it? Meet fellow book worms and discuss the literary brilliance of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Topic locked

Blood and Chocolate

Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:44 am

Heh. Met up with a friend in the school library a few days ago...I couldn't find anything to read, and she immediately shoved this book in my face.

It took me a while to get around to it, but I'm glad I did. I couldn't put it down.

I've forgotten the author, I'm afraid.

Ayway, it's about a werewolf girl struggling to keep her place in the 'human world', despite ridicule from her pack members, and SERIOUS problems of the heart.

It sounds weird, or cheesy, or something, I know, but it is...AMAZING. IMO.

Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:26 am

Hmmm. Sounds interesting.

Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:32 am

I did a google on it. Annette Curtis Klause is the author. (I can never remember author's names myself.)
And during my googling experience it seems that they are making a movie based up the book.
I think I'm a bit interested. I'm always up for a good read.

Tue May 17, 2005 10:15 pm

AFI_Sorrow wrote:I did a google on it. Annette Curtis Klause is the author. (I can never remember author's names myself.)
And during my googling experience it seems that they are making a movie based up the book.
I think I'm a bit interested. I'm always up for a good read.

No. WAY. A movie? *dies*

Wed May 18, 2005 5:30 am

My daughter checked it out of the library, so I've read it too now. Quite good.

They'd have to make some changes for a movie acceptable to American audiences, though.

Wed May 18, 2005 12:53 pm

Very good read. Klause's Silver Kiss was my first introduction to the style of this talented author. Another good read.

I highly, highly recommend Alien Secrets, if anyone ever gets the chance to read that one. I could...not...put...it...down.

The "Blood and Chocolate" movie is aparently being done by screenwriter Ehren Kruger ("The Ring"). It's in pre-production right now.

--!Xabbu

Fri May 20, 2005 3:46 am

I've read the three books mentioned above, and would definately recommend them. And I keep thinking there's another one I've read/heard of...... I'm probably hallucinating....
Topic locked