Know your Gundams from your Evas? Your Chobits from your .hack? Think Boba is the best thing since Pocky? You're not alone. Enter!
Topic locked

Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:16 pm

Two of my favorites would be Excel Saga and Elfen Lied. Excel Saga is just random and mindless, but it's still a whole lot of fun to watch. Elfen Lied, however, is dark and deep, but DEFINITELY not recommended for younger audiences. Lots of gore and the like... It's really sad, though, I definitely cried. D: A lot.

Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:56 am

i would recommend pretear, fruits basket, angelic layer, rurouni kenshin.... AND ESPCIALLY FULL MOON WO SAGASHI TE AND FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i glomps ed and roy... heheheheh

oh, ive heard of elfen lied... it was rated like 18 and over or something.... :P well... i'd still probably be able to get it though, cuz my mom doesn't really care. and again, i recommend full moon wo sagashi te and fullmetal alchemist. they are some of the best animes out there

Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:25 am

Im not big into Anime but still Im hooked on Bleach I definately recomend it

Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:52 am

I second Gankutsuou. It is a wonderful and beautiful-looking series. It's pretty trippy looking too.... XD
I also reccomend, s-CRY-ed, which it seems you might like. It's not beautiful or sophisticated, but I thought it was pretty fun.
Hellsing is great too. But the manga's way better. (Hirano-sensei is the greatest!)It's funnier and has a deeper plot. Mostly because they started the anime based on only the first two volumes of the manga. Aaand there are a lot more out than that and it's still going.
Trigun is really good, and Bebop is a definite watch. Great plot and characters in Bebop in my opinion, and lots of fun mixed with the serious.
And listen to the people raving about Fullmetal, it's great and lots of fun with a good philisophical theme going through.
Bleach is good too.
And maybe you should watch Eva. It's really more about the character's slow descent into insanity then the 'robots'.

But it really is about what you like. You should probably be more specific. Though, then again, you probably do like everything besides giant robot stuff. I like almost everything myself (including mecha and giant robos, if they're done well [Big O, Gundam Seed, Gundam Wing, Evangelion, Panda Zeta ] Panda Z being my fave. <3 :P )

A good thing to do is find out if there are any anime clubs in your area. I went to one in college which really helped me spread my anime horizons and find lots of good new anime and good old ones. We had a voting system which helped a lot with all the veterans there. ^__^
I went from newbie to otaku thanks to my club. (Though the otaku status is only one given me by my friends. I don't think I'm worthy of that title... I probably never will feel worthy of that title. ^^; It's a ever-evolving process.)

Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:38 pm

mewberry56 wrote:glomps ed and roy... heheheheh

You better back off. :roll: Mine >w<

Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:17 pm

Darika wrote:Two of my favorites would be Excel Saga and Elfen Lied. Excel Saga is just random and mindless, but it's still a whole lot of fun to watch. Elfen Lied, however, is dark and deep, but DEFINITELY not recommended for younger audiences. Lots of gore and the like... It's really sad, though, I definitely cried. D: A lot.

Yes, Elfen Lied is not for the faint of heart. It is one of my favorite anime though.

Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:15 pm

I recommend Bleach, which is my personal favorite, and Naruto, which many of my friends watch fanatically. Azumanga Daioh is also a good choice if you're looking for something funny.

Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:52 pm

If you want to stay with mainstream anime go with Bleach, or if you are interested in the whole Ninja genre then you can choose Basilisk, which people refer to as the Naruto for adults.

Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:07 am

My list is short, but these are a few anime' I like and would recommend

Fullmetal Alchemist
Bleach
Eureka Seven
Azumanga Daioh

Normally I dislike mecha anime', but Eureka Seven is too addictive, and the mecha designs are really good.

Animes

Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:45 am

Here's a list of animes I can rember of the top of my head:

Good animes:

Naruto (I know you just finished it but I still like it)
Inuyasha
Pokemon
Zatch Bell
Battle B-daman
Full Metal Alchemist
------------------------------------------------
Average animes:

Gundam Seed
Initial D
Astro Boy
Animes I dislike:

Ghost in the shell stand alone combat
Mew Mew Power
Animes coming out that I will watch when it comes out:

Deltora Quest (I know it sounds stupid to have deltora as an anime but still it has been approved by Emily Rodda in person and I was there so I can't be lieing well I could be

Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:47 am

GITSSAC!!!!- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex!!!! IT rocks! my fav by far!

Also good-

FMA
FLCL
Eureka 7
Samuri Champloo

But i agree w/ perviously stated- You have to look around fo rwhat you like...only you really know! If you get Cartoon Network be sure to watch [adult swim] some great anime on there..actually the only way i see it!

Good Luck!

Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:12 pm

Two that I'm currently liking and making my way through now are FMA and FLCL. FMA is just cool, and besides making no sense whatsoever, the animation techniques in FLCL are just mind-blowing (I'm looking at you, manga sequence).

Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:29 am

Naruto!!! I use to like Sailormoon... but then I watched it again the other day... oh my god... it is sooo bad. And Tuxedo Mask is a smurf.

Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:25 am

I will recommend since you like the same type from my brother
    Bleach
    Utawarerumono
    The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi
    Monster
    Blue Lagoon
    Coyote Ragtime
    Samurai Champloo

Yeah i think you would like those.

Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:54 pm

Well, hmm I was also BEEG Naruto fan, but then I ran out of episodes and they went onto fillers :cry:

I'd recommend Bleach. Strongly. If you like Naruto, I'm going to bet you'll like Bleach. Dattebaio, who subs Naruto, are also subbing Bleach these days.

I actually didn't like FMA as much as thought I would, it's very... umm... emo.
Topic locked