Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Any recomended Anime?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:22 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Im really hooked on Naruto right now, and Im about done with it, so I was wondering if anyone recomends a different anime. I dont really like the ones with giant racing robots and stuff, but everything else I pretty much like. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:20 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Huh....I would DEFINATELY recommend Fullmetal Alchemist, just because everything about it is awesome. The art, the music, the characters, the plotline, the Paku-sama, it's all there. Probably not a good idea to watch alone if you cry easily, though, a lot of the later episodes (heck, even a few at the beginning) are VERY sad.

I've heard many good things about Cowboy Bebob as well, although I've never got around to seeing it myself. Someday...

Another anime I'd recommend if you like general stupidity is Shaman King. It's sort of in the same vein as Naruto, from what I've heard/read. It starts out a bit slow, but you just have to hang in for the first few episodes or so until the plotline gets started. Gets a little repetitive towards the second half, but again, if you can sit through that (or skip it, I guess, nothing really important happens...), there's a lot more action later on. All in all very fun and entertaining, even though you'll probably want to shoot half the characters by the time season 1 ends.

-tries to think of more- I know Chris has a huge list that he's probably going to post any second....I'll probably update later since I'm really tired right now. Good luck, I hope you find something you like^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:45 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Warning: Everyone has their list of favorites, but we are all wrong since we are not you. The only show that I know everyone will recommend is Cowboy Bebop, because it is way to awesome. You should only watch shows that fit what you like (and your budget, which is my only constraint).

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:16 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
*Steps out from underneath Amethysts shadow*

Fortunately I do have an up to date list, that I have pruned for giant racing robots.

But my recommendations are to first start off with older ones (Bolded for watch or else):

Record of Lodoss War
Excel Saga
Trigun
Love Hina

Ghost in the Shell
Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040
AH! Megami Sama
Evangelion
Chobits
Lupin the III
Cowboy Bebop
Furi Kuri
GTO
Hellsing

Then move onto the newer good ones.

Gankutsuou

FullMetal Alchemist
Read or Die
Onegai Teacher
Haibane Renmei
Bleach
Gundam SEED
Azumanaga Daioh
Gungrave
Scrapped Princess
Full Metal Panic!
Genshiken
Elfen Lied

and then some fantastic new series

Noein
Paradise Kiss
Starship Operators

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:08 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I'd recommend trying a few Hayao Miyazaki movies-- Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke. Though there's many of them depending on your tastes, those two tend to be the ones people watch first.

Otherwise..
Cowboy Bebop ( <3 Ein! )

Quote:
Image How come in the TCG: Darkest Faerie edition there's a Yellow Gallion, but no such option to paint your Gallion this colour exists?.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:40 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I highly recommend Tonari no Totoro, which is a Miyazaki film. A new series that I've fallen in love with is Magikano, which might not be for everyone, but I suggest trying it out. My three other favorites are Love Hina, PitaTen and Bleach, and I think it should be mandatory to watch them. :P

Something you might want to do is go to animeacademy.com, and read through some of the reviews. It helped me to find some series that I like that I never would have taken a look at before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:41 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
I just want to say that Christopher put up a good list, but I also want to reiterate my warning: No one can tell you what you will like. The last series that my brother introduced me to that I liked was Nadesico; before that, Eva, Excel, and Ranma. We don't watch any show together any more (mostly because I haven't seen him in three years), but he never tries forcing me to watch series that he thinks are good. (Ironically, for Christmas, he got me the DVDs of the next series that I was planning on getting into. Eerie, ne?) Once again, choose for yourself and don't watch a series just because we say so... unless that series is Cowboy Bebop or Neon Genesis Evangelion :P

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:32 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Definatly Azumanga Daioh! :D

Best anime ever! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:13 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I also recommend Azumanga Daioh ^^;

But I think Prince of Tennis/Tennis no Oujisama is even better =D It's one of my favourite anime ever, and just about the only series in which I thought the anime was better than the manga ^_^ It's seriously great (and hilarious too sometimes,) and it's amazing how it can make running around and hitting a ball with a racket so interesting =D You don't have to be a tennis fan to love it to bits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:49 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Umm... I highly recommend Hachimitsu to Clover (Honey and Clover) and Full Moon wo Sagashi te. And also Yakitate!! Japan 'cuz is extremely hilarious. ^^;

Set made by SECRET SANTA! ♥ Thank you! ^___^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:20 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Hmm, I recommend:
Gundam SEED
Coyboy Bebop(amazing!)
Escaflowne
Rurouni Kenshin(OVAs Trust and Betrayal are good too. 95 episodes though, really long, and even more episodes only in manga form.)
Love Hina
Full Metal Panic
Samurai Champloo(another amazing one!!! A must watch!)
FLCL(very short, six eps I think, but really good!)
err...I think that's all for now o.O; heh.

ooh, forgot... Ranma 1/2... it's a hilarious series^^*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:35 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

WIS wrote:
Definatly Azumanga Daioh! :D

Best anime ever! :)

Agreed :D

But, it all depends on what you like. Some I reccomend:

- Ojamajo Doremi (you should be able to find it's dub, Magical DoReMi on a local Fox station, but it's not the same. I reccomend downloading it. You can find some fansubs at http://www.exehq.com/doremi)
- Tokyo Mew Mew
- CardCaptor Sakura
- Fruits Basket = <3

Uh...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:48 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Noir! *stays quiet*

Neon Genesis Evangelion has got a few giant racing robot scenes, however not obsessively frequently... It's a good series, and I advise trying it out a bit... (Even my extremely anti-anime brother said he heard it was decent...)

Or dragon Ball Z???

btw... How are you almost finished with Naruto... There are like 200 eps or more D:

And dont forget to try Noir ;D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:42 pm 

I would recommend Gundam Seed or Gundam Seed Destiny...not sure if anyones stills likes it though...... ;) To me, its the best!

Neopets Username: philosopher85

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:08 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I recommend Gundam Seed. I haven't watched it, but I've heard it on my sister's laptop enough to know it's a good Anime. I have been hearing them so much, I can practically memorise the songs without knowing it. xD

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next