Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 8:16 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Say Anything
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:40 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I've watched this movie at least 10 times this past week, has anyone else here seen it?

As stolen from amazon.com:

"Seven years after he earned his first screen credit as the writer of Fast Times at Ridgemont High, former Rolling Stone writer Cameron Crowe made his directorial debut with this acclaimed romantic comedy starring John Cusack and Ione Skye as unlikely lovers on the cusp of adulthood. The casting is perfect, and Crowe's rookie direction is appropriately unobtrusive, no doubt influenced by his actor-loving, OscarĀ®-winning mentor, James L. Brooks. But the real strength of Crowe's work is his exceptional writing, his timely grasp of contemporary rhythms and language (he's frequently called "the voice of a generation"), and the rich humor and depth of his fully developed characters. In Say Anything... Cusack and Skye play recent high school graduates enjoying one final summer before leaping into a lifetime of adult responsibilities. Lloyd (Cusack) is an aspiring kickboxer with no definite plans; Diane (Skye) is a valedictorian with intentions to further her education in Europe. Together they find unlikely bliss, but there's also turbulence when Diane's father (John Mahoney)--who only wants what's best for his daughter--is charged with fraud and tax evasion. Favoring strong performances over obtrusive visual style, Crowe focuses on his unique characters and the ambitions and fears that define them; the movie's a treasure trove of quiet, often humorous revelations of personality. Lili Taylor and Eric Stoltz score high marks for memorable supporting roles, and Cusack's own sister Joan is perfect in scenes with her onscreen and offscreen brother. A rare romantic comedy that's as funny as it is dramatically honest, Say Anything... marked the arrival of a gifted writer-director who followed up with the underrated Singles before scoring his first box-office smash with Jerry Maguire. --Jeff Shannon"

Does anyone else share my unique love for this movie or am I the only one whos seen it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:48 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I've heard of it and have wanted to see it, I just haven't been able to get hold of it. :( It looks really good. :D And John Cusack is one of my favourite actors, so that's another reason I want to see it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:16 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

*tear* Finally, someone whos at least heard of it.

You'd probably really like it Amy, its just such a awesome movie. The characters are believable and well played, you can see how much all of them change through-out the movie. The music is killer, every song seems to convey the mood just right. The dialogue isn't corny or cheap...its just...*sigh* so awesome. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:37 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Nessa wrote:

You'd probably really like it Amy, its just such a awesome movie. The characters are believable and well played, you can see how much all of them change through-out the movie. The music is killer, every song seems to convey the mood just right. The dialogue isn't corny or cheap...its just...*sigh* so awesome. <3

Awww, I could say the same to you, no one I know has heard of it. Damn uneducated people. :roll:

I'll make a real effort to hunt it down and watch it. If I do (hopefully) I'll come straight to you, and we can have conversations about it! Whoo. :D :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:03 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

i_love_starburst wrote:
Nessa wrote:

Awww, I could say the same to you, no one I know has heard of it. Damn uneducated people. :roll:

I'll make a real effort to hunt it down and watch it. If I do (hopefully) I'll come straight to you, and we can have conversations about it! Whoo. :D :P

Yay =D I look forward to finally being able to babble on and on about how lucky Diane Court is! =DD

I ordered my copy from best buy for ten bucks, its well worth it because it has deleted & extended scenes. I'd send you my copy to borrow, but A: I'd die from deprevation. B: You'd never send it back because its so wonderful. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:41 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Nessa wrote:
i_love_starburst wrote:
Nessa wrote:

Yay =D I look forward to finally being able to babble on and on about how lucky Diane Court is! =DD

I ordered my copy from best buy for ten bucks, its well worth it because it has deleted & extended scenes. I'd send you my copy to borrow, but A: I'd die from deprevation. B: You'd never send it back because its so wonderful. :P

Fair enough. :P I will hunt it down. Somehow. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:53 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

i_love_starburst wrote:
Nessa wrote:
i_love_starburst wrote:
Nessa wrote:

*waves hankerchief* Best of luck Amy dearest, I'll pray for you!

*aside* Lord please give Amy the strength to presevere through the imcompetent millions that have never heard of Say Anything and give her the will to never give up the search. Amen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:50 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Nessa wrote:
i_love_starburst wrote:
Nessa wrote:
i_love_starburst wrote:
Nessa wrote:

*waves hankerchief* Best of luck Amy dearest, I'll pray for you!

*aside* Lord please give Amy the strength to presevere through the imcompetent millions that have never heard of Say Anything and give her the will to never give up the search. Amen.

I can just see you waving a hankerchief, it's most bizarre. :lol:

My stepmum has heard of the film! Yay, that kind of helps. We're now both going to hunt it down. I will find it, mark my words. :P

Post subject: Re: Say Anything
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:20 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Nessa wrote:
I've watched this movie at least 10 times this past week, has anyone else here seen it?
Does anyone else share my unique love for this movie or am I the only one whos seen it?

OMG! I absolutely LOVE this movie!!!!

John Cusack is amazing!
This movie is actually my ex-boyfriend's favorite movie of all time. Funny, huh. He's a sucker for those romantic comedies. ;)

Stupid server is back up! Siggie time!
This set is by robot.

Post subject: Re: Say Anything
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:04 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

porcelain wrote:
Nessa wrote:

OMG! I absolutely LOVE this movie!!!!

John Cusack is amazing!
This movie is actually my ex-boyfriend's favorite movie of all time. Funny, huh. He's a sucker for those romantic comedies. ;)

Be still my heart! Another one!

John Cusack really did a great job, I could never picture any other actor as Lloyd Dobbler. Its just a masterpiece.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]