Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Zip.ca
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:41 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Alright, being a movie fan, I wanted a way to be able to easily get DVDs (without buying them from the store) but with a wide variety to suit my tastes that some rental stores just don't have, especially the harder to find movies and shows.

Alas, I couldn't turn to the ever popular Netflix as I am Canadian. After searching online, I found a few sites and decided to sign up with Zip.ca

So, if you are a Canadian and looking for something like Netflix like I was, check out zip.ca as I have been a member for a few months now and love it.

Some information for you to consider:

. you get a 2-week free trial before you have to commit
. plans start out as low as $5.95 a month (plus tax)
. shipping is free which is a great thing (you are sent prepaid envelopes to send back your DVDs with)
. there are more than 72,000 titles to choose from
. you can cancel or put a hold on your membership at any time
. you have a fully functioning forum with helpful staff members to answer questions
. the site is very easy to use and gives you the option to set up your ZipList with choice titles, as well as earn points to spend on certain rewards (such as a free month or gift membership)
. just being a member gets you points
. depending on your choice plan (mine is the 3-unlimited), you can get unlimited DVDs a month
. Zip is open to all Canadian residents and has four shipping locations (Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary, and Vancouver)
. shipping is fast and titles arrive within two days or more (depending on where they are shipped from to you)
. new members get a nice welcome package and your first DVDs are express shipped (the package may no longer be sent, it was when I first joined)

So, if this sounds like the type of thing you are looking for, check it out...
http://www.zip.ca/

Again, I have been a member since August and haven't had any problems with the site. I receive my DVDs at a rather nice rate (I have four on the way to me), the selection is really good (there have been a couple of titles they didn't have), and I earned enough points to get one extra slot this month). Also, if you receive a DVD with something wrong with it (one I got had a huge crack), you can report it online and they will let you choose to receive a new copy (on their expense) as well as a complimentary DVD from your ZipList. I have gotten my #1 choice a few times and haven't had any problems to speak of with the site itself. I like the idea of having points awarded to you by doing different things, like reporting a movie as returned or just by being a member.

Oh, and if you do decide to join, I have a small favour to ask. Could you let me know (in a PM), so I can send an email from Zip to you. I get points if people I tell about the site join.

------------------

Thanks to the wonderful Neko for the amazing set.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]