It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Lost Fragments Event
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:52 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

There's a new site event!!

News wrote:
There seems to be something going on in Faerieland! An unusually large Walein is floating above Queen Fyora's castle. Perhaps someone should investigate that!!

If you go to the Faerie City, click on the giant Walein. This takes you to Lost Fragments.

Quote:
Fyora: Hello Neopians! I’d like to introduce Luxinia, a Light Faerie who was stranded on a piece of Faerieland that remained floating in the sky while the rest crashed down. With great determination, she has begun to rebuild a new Faerieland around that piece of the past. However, as you can see, we need your help.
Luxinia: Hello, what the Queen says is true! We have been able to slowly rebuild, but we are still learning how this magic works. It seems we never cast a spell to solidify the main island of New Faerieland and now pieces of it are crumbling, sending clumps of pink soil raining down on Neopia! If we can gather up all the pieces, I can perform a spell using the Gift of Calabrus to save the island! But it’s too much for my friends and me to do alone. If you could help, I would be eternally grateful! I’d even be happy to reward you for your efforts with some wonderful prizes my friends in New Faerieland either created or collected for me.

Quote:
LuxiniaBe sure to keep an eye out for shards of New Faerieland soil! The recently fallen pieces have a bit of a gleam to them, so they should be easy to spot. The more you bring me, the more wonderful prizes you can earn!

Fragments look something like this:Image

Upon your first pieces found, you get this message:
What is this fragment? It kind of looks like a piece of soil, but it has an odd crystallised sparkle about it.
Maybe this is what Luxinia was talking about. You better help collect them and let her and the Queen know immediately!
You have earned 5 points for this shard!
Oh? It looks like you've also found an avatar attached to this shard! Lucky you!
Something Has Happened!
ImageYou are now eligible to use 'Faerie's Hope avatar' as an avatar on the Neoboards!"

There is a prize store available. A lot are new items, BUT there are re-releases of retired or current items (not sure how I feel about the Faerielands Destruction Background only being 25 points in this shop as it was one of the higher prizes from Faeries Ruin). Several of the items are limit one.

...they have BOTH the Faerie P/b and Faerie PPPb in there, as well.

You can earn a total of 175 points if you find all 5 pieces each day. (There are a total of 35 pieces to be found over the course of the event - there's a counter in the top right hand corner of the page. Mine now says 5/35 since I've found all 5 for today.)

NOTE: YOU ONLY GET 5 POINT PER SHARD IF YOU FIND THEM ON THE FIRST DAY!!!
Details in the FAQ's below. So...get all 5 each day for the maximum points possible.

Prize Shop:
Retired or currently available items in colors to distinguish them
Faeries Hope Magical Mystery Capsule --- 150 NC
Image Jar of New Faerieland Dirt --- 1 pts --- Gift
Image Petpet Icon Gummies --- 2 pts --- Candy
Image Waleins Horn --- 2 pts --- Instrument
Image Tias Handmade Blanket --- 4 pts --- Gift
Image Trinket of Calabrus --- 4 pts --- Gift
Image Varias Hairspray --- 4 pts --- Grooming
Image Luxinias Destroyed Diary --- 8 pts --- Book
Image Faerieland Employment Agency Employee Handbook --- 8 pts --- Book
Image Faerie Queen Wings --- 8 pts --- R92 wearable
Image Faerie Buzz Plushie Collectable Charm --- 10 pts --- R90 Charm - Album item
Image Shirt Designed by Tia --- 10 pts --- Clothing - Wearable
Image Faerie Kacheek Plushie --- 12 pts --- R98 Plushies
Image Faerie Sparklecake --- 12 pts --- R99 Faerie Food
Image Nimmo Faerie Tales --- 12 pts --- Retired Book
Image Joretts Chef Special --- 15 pts --- Food
Image Nephrites Notes --- 15 pts --- Book
Image Calabrus, Cloud Aisha (TCG) --- 15 pts --- R107 TCG
Image Stuck in Crystal Wearable --- 15 pts --- Clothing - Wearable
Image Gift of Calabrus --- 20 pts --- Clothing - Wearable
Image Faerielands Destruction Background --- 25 pts --- 0/1 --- Plot prize from The Faeries' Ruin, wearable background
Image Varia is the Bomb --- 25 pts --- Battledome, testing undergoing, but appears to be a constant 25 icon (10 phys, 10 fire, 5 light) bomb JN Stats page
Image New Faerieland Stamp --- 25 pts --- Stamp - Mobile Apps page
Image Space Faerie Snowglobe --- 25 pts --- 0/1 --- Retired toy
ImageCulture and History of Faerieland --- 55 pts --- 0/1 --- R99 Booktastic Book
ImageFaerie Snowbunny --- 55 pts --- 0/1 --- Unpainted Snowbunny is retired
ImageFaerie Petpet Paint Brush --- 55 pts --- 0/1 --- Existing R101
ImageShield of Faerieland --- 55 pts --- 0/1 --- Currently in Hidden Tower for 12 million, Battledome, JN Stats page
ImageFaerie Paint Brush --- 70 pts --- 0/1 --- Retired from hidden tower
ImageFyora the Faerie Queen (TCG) --- 70 pts --- 0/1 --- Retired from hidden tower, TCG
ImageLight Faerie Doll --- --- 70 pts --- R99 Toy

FAQ:
1. What is the Lost Fragments event about? And what does it have to do with Faerie’s Hope?
The Lost Fragment event is about how pieces of New Faerieland are falling down all around Faerieland and Faerie City. Luxinia needs your help collecting them so that she can take all the pieces back up to her island and perform a spell to keep the home she has been rebuilding from falling apart completely. To learn more about Luxinia and her friends up on New Faerieland, you can play Neopets: Faeries Hope available on Google Play and App Store!

2. Who is Luxinia?
Luxinia is a light faerie who awoke with amnesia on a recently discovered piece of Faerieland that was still floating in the sky. No one is quite sure how she or the island she now lives on survived, but she’s determined to find out more about her past as well as bring new life to her little island!

3. How long will the event last?
The Lost Fragments event will last for about a week, running from March 15th to March 22nd. However, Luxinia has promised to keep the prize shop open so that Neopians will be able to return and turn in their points for fabulous prizes!

4. Where can I spend my shard points?
Each shard you find will earn you points that you can then spend in the prize shop Luxinia has set up!

5. How do I earn Lost Fragments points?
You will earn points (see 6. below) for each shard you find across Faerieland and Faerieland City! To collect shards, all you need to do is click on them. Be sure to keep an eye out for the sun sparkling off of them!

6. Do I have to collect shards every day?
You can find shards in any order or on any day even if the day they originally appeared has passed, however, you will earn 5 points for finding shards on the day they appear and only 1 point for shards from previous days. So best to keep an eye out each day!

Points Description
5 Found on day they are released.
1 Found after the day they were released.

7. How many shards can I collect each day?
5 new shards will appear each day across the Faerieland and Faerie City maps. However, even if you miss a day during the event, you will still be able to collect the shards that appeared that day throughout the rest of the event.

8. Can I do this event on my side accounts too?
No, of course not!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

Last edited by Pickles on Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Lost Fragments Event
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:32 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Thanks Pickles for the thorough post! I would have completely missed today's gems.

I am now at 5/35 gems found :)

I wonder if that bomb can be carried along with a ghostkerbomb into the battledome. That, plus the new bomb would be mighty powerful...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:12 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Thanks, Pickles! So the pink color coding is for retired items, while the blue is for ones available elsewhere on the site? And regular are special items presumably limited edition for this event?

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:33 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Siniri wrote:
Thanks, Pickles! So the pink color coding is for retired items, while the blue is for ones available elsewhere on the site? And regular are special items presumably limited edition for this event?

That's correct. I mean, technically, you can still redeem prize points for Faerie's Ruin, it's not possible to gain points for that at this point, so I counted it as retired.

I just realized that the R107 TCG card is technically retired, as you can only get R101-R103's from the random event that involves TCG's, so I'll fix that. I don't think there's currently any other way of obtaining them.

I have not decided what I want to get from the shop yet. This will be tricky to decide. My kiddos are beside themselves excited. BLP wants the TFR background, MLP wants the Faerie P/B (one of her dreamie pets), LLP isn't even sure where to start. All of them are excited about the bomb.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:30 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

10/35.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yep, looks like day 1 was not a full day (although it was started waaaay earlier in the day than they normally release news). Bummer for everyone that missed out, but I'm glad everyone here got them day one! Whew!

10/35

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:49 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

So there are three new books, three new wearables (the blanket's not, right?), a stamp, and the bomb. Those alone add up to 126 points if my math is correct. The max number of points is 175, so that leaves less than 50 for anything else.

At least it's enough for the retired book, too.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:33 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

10/35

My last 2 were not easy to find (my side had a laggy connection, and poor quality). I had to use the JN hack to find these two well hidden gems.

I am liking the bomb and possibly the book.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:13 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

All five of my gems were on the Faerieland main page today.

I clicked on two of them before thinking it might be a good idea to slow down and click on the pop-up to continue searching so each got recorded. It did count them both, but I'm not taking chances.

I'll have to look up that JN hack if I can't see the gems at some point. They're really obvious on mobile.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:32 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

All 5 of mine were actually in the exact same spot today. I'm starting to think that Pale Moon might be funny about that - I've only seen my shards in one spot in Faerieland and one spot in the city. Same for Mr. P - he also uses Pale Moon. Kiddos are using different browsers, and have found them in more locations.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:02 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I also noticed that if your computer is running slow/loading the page slowly, the gems appear first before loading the image of Faerieland... Today, I could see all 5 gems before the page loaded :)

I did click on all of them before the page loaded. I had a few pop-ups in a row, but one last gem was still there. That popup allowed by to get back go Luxina quickly an see that I have 15/35 :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:41 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

20/35 here. Still no clue what to do with my points. I'm torn in SO many different directions!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:30 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

20/35 here as well. Agreed about using points!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:48 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

20/35 for me as well.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:46 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

25/35

I snagged a couple of the prizes yesterday off the auctions, because I wanted them but didn't necessarily want to spend points on them.

With so many good battledome items lately being essentially handed out (or all but), it makes me wonder what we're in for in the upcoming plot (probably later this year). Who knows?
On a totally different note, part of me is wondering if they'll retire the shield from the Hidden Tower after this? Nothing has been retired from the HT in a long time...but, once again, who knows?

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!