PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The Faerie Festival appears to be live.

Daily Faerie Quest: Faerie Quest Page
Faerie Festival FAQs
Wheel Of Excitement gives you one free spin a day
Soup Kitchen has had its limits removed for free feeding
Donating appears to start Mon the 9th, and according to the FAQ, ends on the 17th.
There is a bonus prize for visiting quests every day of the event. This is just for collecting the free prize at the FQ page. The FAQ is unclear if there's a bonus prize for donating every day of the event, but there is definitely one for donating the max of 10 items per day (given out daily, it appears).

Key FAQ notes:
Faerie Quests
How long does the event last?
The event begins on October 2nd and will end on October 19th. After the event is over, regular faerie quests will resume via Random Events, so keep an eye out for those fluttering wings!

Can I cancel a quest once I am on it?
Yes, you can choose to abandon a quest at any time. However, if you decide to abandon a quest, you will not have the opportunity to replace it with another quest. You'll need to wait until the following day for another quest to be offered to you. You will not miss out on the final prize offered for visiting each day. If you abandon a quest on the final day of the event, you will not have the opportunity to complete a quest until a quest is randomly offered to you through a regular Random Event.

If I cancel a quest, is there a penalty?
Nope! You're free to abandon a quest if you like. However, you won't be able to accept another quest until tomorrow if you abort today's quest.

Can I choose which Neopet receives the reward from the faerie quest?
The reward for completing a quest will be applied to your active Neopet.

Do I have to complete a quest every day?
Nope. You're given the option of completing a quest every day, but you don't have to; you will still get a gift for visiting the page each day.

Do I have to complete a quest in order to receive a prize?
You receive a gift each day just by visiting the page, and a bonus prize if you visit every day of the event. No questing needed! That's how nice the Faerie Queen is. ;)

Can I participate in the event on my side account(s)?
For the event, I'm afraid, no.
Since regular faerie quests are given out in Random Events, you may participate in those on your side account(s) if you happen to receive one, so long as you earned the NP for the requested item on your main account. (Remember, earning NP or items on side accounts isn't allowed.)
However, since the faerie quest event -- where you receive a "free" faerie quest every day -- gives out extra daily rewards, it is treated like any other event or daily and you may only participate on your main account.

Recycling
Why should I donate?
On top of the warm fuzzy feeling you get from helping keep our enchanting Neopia pristine, there are plentys of prizes for generous Neopians. Illusen and Jhudora will recycle the items you bring them and reward you with points you can exchange for all kinds of fun prizes within the prize shop. Every Neopet wins! Also, there are bonus prizes for those who donate each day.

How do I donate items?
You can recycle a maximum of 10 30 items per day by clicking on the “Recycle Items” button on the Faerie Festival Hubpage. You can recycle up to 10 items at once, selecting them from both your inventory and safety deposit box. After recycling your items, a pop up will inform you of how many points you earned for the prize shop.

What will Illusen and Jhudora accept?
Only NP items can be donated. The rarer the item, the better the reward. So, choose wisely. Items can be recycled up until Oct 17th

Does the rarity of the item(s) I donate affect the points I earn?
For-Shoyru (...That means "yes")! The higher the rarity of an item you donate, the more points you earn.
r1-r79: 1 point
r80-89: 2 points
r90-97: 6 points
r98-r100: 8 4 points
Sticky Snowball: 1 point (a restriction in 2020, despite being r100)
r101: 1 point
r102-r179: 4 points 8
R200: 15 points

How do the Donation Bonus Prizes work?
For donating the maximum of items allowed each day (10), you will be awarded with a Faerie Recycling Capsule. The rarity ranges and chances for these capsules are listed below:
- 60% chance of r90-95
- 25% chance of r96-98
- 15% chance of r99

I've donated but didn't get any prizes yet. When can I expect them?
You will earn your points as soon as you donate items. So, if you are unsure of the amount of points you have accumulated check the gift shop or your checklist where it lists your points at the top. At the end of the event everyone who participated will receive a trophy recognizing their valiant efforts!

Are there any perk rewards?
I'm afraid not. But Illusen and Jhudora will offer rewards at the prize shop for your generosity.

There are several other links in the activities tab (once you get through the first scene dialogue, this will show up on the main hub page). There are cardboard cutouts at Illusen's Glade and Jhudora's Bluff, but they appear to still be working.

Looks like no Delina quests this year. There's a retired Delina Quest items capsule instead.

Festival Dialogue Scenes:
Scene 1
Fyora: Although it may seem unusual, I asked you both to meet me here because I know you two were once quite close -
Illusen: Who said anything about... Well, I wouldn't exactly say close!
Jhudora: Brief acquaintances at best.
Illusen: I suppose we were...
Jhudora: Practically strangers.
Illusen: Ahem, yes, something like that.
Jhudora: Backstabbing strangers...
Illusen: Do not start this! You were the one who -
Fyora: Enough! Look, I called you two here because I had an... intriguing idea for a different type of Faerie Festival this year.
Fyora: One to help us dissipate some of the smog and muck that has begun choking the skies and seas of our beautiful Neopia since its technological boom.
Illusen: That sounds lovely!
Jhudora: Suck up...
Illusen: Hush, she is right! All of these new contraptions are giving off fumes that are starting to taint the pristine water, soil, and air of Neopia. I can feel it. Although, I did come up with some alternative energy ideas with Mira and Dr Landelbrot!
Jhudora: I still think it would be easier to just blast all those factories pumping out these new pollution machines to bits.
Fyora: We talked about this Jhudora. We should foster progress, not deter it. We do, however, have a responsibility to ensure it is carried out thoughtfully and carefully. Just like this festival! Which is why the two of you will be running it this year, as a team.
Illusen: I don't think thoughtful and careful are her forte... How about I just handle it myself this year and maybe next year Jhudora coul -
Fyora: Nonsense! I know for a fact that, with each of your respective talents, the two of you can put on a fantastic festival for all of Neopia!
Jhudora: For once I agree with salad mix over here. Look, I appreciate the suggestion -
Fyora: Oh, I'm not giving out suggestions today. Only orders. From your Queen.
Illusen: *GULP*
Jhudora: *GULP*
Fyora: Which is why I am so confident that you two will do just spectacular together. I mean just look at how excited all of the other faeries are, even Mira agreed to fly all the way back to Neopia to attend! Now that this matter is settled, good luck. *leaves*
Jhudora: She is one of the few people that scare me.
Illusen: And here I thought it was just me. *Cough cough*
Jhudora: You better not get me sick! Go see Marina if you're coming down with something.
Illusen: I'm fine, let's just get this over with.
Jhudora: Whatever you say.
Illusen: Well... if we have to do this, where do you think we should hold the festival this year? I was thinking the woods nestled between Faerieland and Meridell. Maybe we could build a tree house and cover it with blossoming flowers to add splashes of colour!
Jhudora: *Retches* Sorry that imagery almost made me hurl. That all sounds so dull.
Listen, there's a gazebo with sublime gothic architecture near the edge of the Haunted Woods, let's host it there! We could even add in some thorny vines and maybe a few of your flowers, but only dark black, red, and purple hues will do.
Illusen: And you called my idea dull! A Faerie Festival should feel welcoming and inviting, not drab and dark. No one will want to set foot in your gothic gazebo.
Jhudora: You always do this! Oh, they will come to the gazebo at my Faerie Festival, but you won't be invited.
Illusen: Fyora told us to work together, as a team remember? You can't just throw your own festival!
Jhudora: Too bad. Already decided. I'm single-handedly throwing the Faerie Festival this year.
Illusen: Then so am I! I'll host the Official Faerie Festival in the woods just outside of Faerieland.
Jhudora: Well, when people get bored at your lame Festival, they can find the fun one on the edge of the Haunted Woods!

Illusen wrote:
Invitation
Official Faerie Festival Invitation Enclosed!
You've been cordially invited to this year's one and only official Faerie Festival, being held in the woods just outside of Faerieland. We would be honoured if you would join us in celebration of all Faeriekind as well as the beauty of our lovely Neopia. We know you have your choice of festivals, so we hope you will consider attending our stately soiree over any lesser imitations that may be circling about.
If you do choose to attend, please note that the Official Faerie Festival will run from this upcoming Monday until October 19th.
Jhudora wrote:
You're Invited!
This neomail means you are invited to the Real / Fun / Superior Faerie Festival. Lucky you.
This will be a place you can really stretch your wings and cut loose.
Not a snoozefest with snobby small talk!!!
Bring food and any new dark magic spells or weapons you want to test out in an unsafe environment.
Festival Starts Monday and will run until I'm bored of it! Probably around October 19th.
Clicking on Fyora's head on the main page brings up a "Faerie Festival - Chose your side" popup.
Fyora's head popup wrote:
Two Faeries hand-picked by Queen Fyora need your help cleaning up Neopia! Go on Faerie quests, recycle excess items to clean up Neopia, and experience a new story as it unfolds throughout the Festival!

Time to choose wrote:
Time to choose! Who will you pick? The graceful green-thumbed Illusen, or the cunning nonconformist Jhudora?
I'd sure love to have you join my Faerie Festival this year, but I know you'll make the right decision!
Join Illusen's Festival

Take your time... I mean you wouldn't want to make the wrong choice, would you?
Join Jhudora's Festival
Join Illusen's Festival? wrote:
This choice can't be undone, and you will be stuck with this charming lil' Earth Faerie for the entire festival...
Ooh wait, her prizes do look rather exquisite though! Here's a party favor if you do decide to join her team:
Image Illusen Half Necklace
Here are some of the delightful prizes you could earn if you join my Faerie Festival!
Image Woodland Mortog Image Treehouse Background Image Glaive of Verdancy
Join Jhudora's Festival? wrote:
This choice can't be undone, and you will be stuck with this grumpy ol' Dark Faerie for the entire festival...
Ooh wait, her prizes do look awfully tantalizing though! Here's a party favor if you do decide to join her team:
Image Jhudora Half Necklace
Here is a sneak peek at some of the trinkets you could win if you join my Faerie Festival!
Image Darigan Gruslen Image Gothic Gazebo Background Image Sinister Scythe
Once you sign up, you get directed to your team page, and this popup:
Ready to Recycle wrote:
If you aren't familiar with how recycling works, be sure to visit the Faerie Festival FAQ Page first to learn what items you can recycle and how many points you will earn in exchange for them!

Recycle Scene
Illusen: Since Fyora wanted us to use this Faerie Festival as an opportunity to clean up Neopia, I had the idea to start up a recycling program! Taking a page from Granny Hopbobbin's book, I've decided to offer special prizes to festival goers who pick up garbage all over to help us rejuvenate the lovely land of Neopia.
Illusen: I was feeling a little under the weather this morning, so I asked some charming little Woodland Petpets to help me construct this treehouse base of operations for the festival this year! I think it looks just delightful, don't you?

Scene 2
Illusen: Hello, hope you have been enjoying this year's festival! I have to run a quick errand to Moltara and would love it if you would accompany me. I want to discuss my ideas for alternative energy sources with the CEO of the Moltara Obsidian Company.
They refine obsidian down into a liquid that has become the fuel most of those new inventions that have been flooding Neopia run on, but the production and consumption of it give off fumes that can be very harmful to the environment! You can meet me at the new MOC building in Moltara, it's rather tall so you can't miss it.

Go to Moltara, click on the large building in the back labeled "Moltaran Obsidian Company" for the next scene.
Note: This label and the ability to click on the building will not show up if you have not gone through scene 2, and it will disappear after you've gone through scene 3.

Scene 3
Illusen: Jhudora? What are you doing here? I thought you agreed not to blow any of these places to the sky! Or was that just another lie?
Jhudora: Relax, I didn't come here to do any damage. Well... depends on what the slimeball inside has to say. I did some digging about the company, and I have a few questions for him.
What's your excuse? Did you change your mind about my approach and decide to show this CEO just how cruel you can be?
Illusen: I only came here to talk with the CEO. I'm concerned about how damaging his obsidian fuel is for the air of Neopia. Plus, I suspect that he may have heard some… misinformation about the renewable energy source I've been working on.
Monty: Monty McTaggart, Moltara's Magnanimous Obsidian Magnate, at your service! Sorry to keep you two waiting, it's been mighty hectic round these parts lately.
Illusen: Sir, we've come here to you today because we would love to sit down and talk over some-
Jhudora: Let's cut to the chase, have you been bribing officials to shut down renewable energy ideas?
Monty: Well now that is quite the accusation. Let me start by saying the McTaggart family has a storied history of philanthropic endeavours in Moltara-
Jhudora: Then where did you pick up that ridiculous accent?
Illusen: Jhudora! It's not okay to mock someone's voice. Look, Monty, I am sorry about her… forwardness. I came here on my own, because I wanted to talk to you face to face, faerie to Neopet, and see if we could talk things out.
Illusen: It seems representatives of your company have been strongly opposed to renewable energy sources, but Dr Landelbrot has theorized that the energy given off by the sun could be harnessed without harming Neopia. The sun could provide for us just like it nourishes the plants, with clean-
Monty: I'll stop you there little lady. I know all well and good that burning obsidian is not what the kids these days are calling sustainable, but I've been in the obsidian business for years, and now that business is finally booming, ain't no way I'm gonna stop!
Besides, it's too early to tell if obsidian is doing any harm. This whole pollution racket is nothing to fuss about now, it's something for our grandchildren to worry about. Bahahah!
Illusen: This is all just some kind of joke to you!
Monty: Now that could not be further from the truth. I am serious about obsidian, it's my livelihood after all!
Jhudora: I have a question about your livelihood, Monty. You went bankrupt in Y15 and were forced to sell all the McTaggart assets, putting up your family estate to get by. Then, right after the tech boom in Neopia, you suddenly have the means to buy the Obsidian Quarry from the City of Moltara. Who gave you all those Neopoints?
Illusen: How did you know all that?
Jhudora: The National Neopian Bank Manager owed me a favour after I cleaned him out in Cheat! Now Monty, spill
Monty: Well, I'd be happy to tell ya! I had a run of good luck in the Neopian Stock Market. That Nigel fellow sure is an agreeable fellow. Oh, and playing Trudy's Surprise. Do you know how much you can get if you go consistently?
Illusen: This is getting us nowhere. He'll ramble on all day before he tells us anything about his benefactor. I think he's too scared of whoever it is to say a word.
Jhudora: Okay, then step outside for a minute.
Illusen: Why what are you- *Cough cough*
Jhudora: For once just listen to me and go outside before I catch whatever you have. If fear is what motivates him, then let me have a private chat with Monty. Just the two of us.
Monty: Hold on there, Illusen, let's not be hasty now! You seem like the levelheaded one here to me, so maybe just hang back with us-
Illusen: Buh-bye, and good luck Monty! *Steps outside*
Jhudora: *Whisper Whisper*
Monty: Muh-muh-Malkus Vile!
Illusen: *Pops head back in* What was that?
Jhudora: Monty just shared with us that Malkus Vile was his secret investor. I haven't the foggiest idea why, but Vile is behind all of this.
Illusen: You only whispered in his ear for a few seconds. What on Neopia did she say to you?
Monty: You don't want to know… Please, just leave me alone, I don't know anything else. Oh, Vile will never forgive me for this.
Jhudora: Don't you worry about him, once I'm through with-
Illusen: Once we are through with him. I want to see Vile brought to justice myself.
Jhudora: Who are you kidding Illusen? You can barely stand. I don't know what's wrong with you, but you're in no shape to chase down anyone.
Illusen: I told you I'm just fine!
Jhudora: What you are, is too proud to be real with me. Same old story. So, I'm going to find him by myself.
Illusen: Jhudora I… Hey! Jhudora, get back here!

Scene 4
Illusen: Oh it's you, thank you for coming with me. I really appreciate the support. It wasn't easy to hear Jhudora say some of those things about me… but she has her reasons for lashing out.
Can you just do me a favour and keep an ear to the ground about Malkus Vile? I need to find and stop him. Soon.

Scene 5
Illusen: I heard Jhudora left her Festival some time ago and has yet to return. I'm starting to worry that she might be in trouble… Would you mind looking around for her? I heard she was last seen poking around Deep Catacombs under Neopia Central.

Visit the Coin Shop and click on the rather suspicious-looking shop keeper replacement

Scene 6
Malkus Vile: Longer lasting and better looking than stamps - coins are a must for -
Jhudora: Drop the act Vile, I finally found you. I'm surprised it was so hard given your stench.
Malkus Vile: Ahh Jhudora, how lovely of you to drop by.
Jhudora: Save the formalities. I already know you've been funding McTaggart and bribing officials across Neopia to keep all these fancy new machines running on obsidian.
Malkus Vile: Bribing? No, no, you've got it all wrong. In the technological boom of Neopia, I saw opportunity. What I've been doing is called lobbying, and it's perfectly legal for some reason.
Jhudora: So, what's in it for you? I know you always have an angle.
Malkus Vile: Well, Monty owes me quite a bit you see, which means I own him. Ergo, I own Moltara Obsidian Company. But I prefer to stay behind the scenes. Easier for me to grease the wheels when it comes to officials and convince competition to close up shop.
Jhudora: Figures, slime like you would prefer to stick to the sewers.
Malkus Vile: Come now Jhudora we aren't so different. You know it's not easy to get by when you aren't one of the elite. You either have to rub elbows with the likes of Queen Fyora's entourage and King Skarl's royal court, or you have to strike out on your own.
We both chose the latter because neither of us could endure kowtowing to those insufferable prigs. Most faeries, like say Illusen for instance, have no problem playing those games.
Jhudora: You can skip through all the banal cajolery you prepared. There's a reason you're so smug. Tell me, what's stopping me from hitting you with a curse that would make your worst nightmares seem like daydreams?
Malkus Vile: I know something you don't. About Illusen.
Jhudora: What makes you think I care?
Malkus Vile: No need to play coy with me, no secrets escape these sharp ears. I know all about your… complicated history with her. So, I thought you'd be interested to know that despite her posturing, Illusen has been significantly weakened.
Jhudora: Wa- What do you know about that?
Malkus Vile: A little Weewoo told me that Illusen started weakening right around the same time the pollution began spreading. It seems the smog choking the Neopia air and clouding the forests has been affecting all of the Earth and Water Faeries. She's vulnerable, and… if you wanted, could be out of your way for good.
Jhudora: The pollution… Vulnerable? No. No, I couldn't. Part of me does still hate her for what she did to me, but I couldn't do that… Uh, not while she is in such a pathetic state that is!
Malkus Vile: That's the beauty of it, you don't have to lift a finger. I already have a professional on the job, so you can go back to your little Faerie Festival and enjoy total deniability.
Jhudora: What do you mean a professional?
Malkus Vile: Illusen's been running her mouth about that renewable energy nonsense for far too long, it was starting to cut into my profit margins. Besides, the enfeebling of all the Earth and Water Faeries was always part of the plan. It came from the very top.
Jhudora: Plan? Tell me when this is happening before I blast a hole in the middle of your ugly mug!
Malkus Vile: Woah, woah, relax! Look, tell you the truth, Illusen's probably being bottled as we speak.
Jhudora: Arghhh I'll be back for you Vile!

Visit Meridell

Scene 7
Illusen: My legs, I can barely feel my legs. I'll just take a moment to rest here against the wall.
Balthazar: Oh, Illusen, you were once one of the few faeries I dared never approach. But look at you now, withered up and weak just like your precious Glade. Even this measly bottle can hold you now!
Illusen: Balthazar? Stay back! I won't warn you again!
Balthazar: You can stop pretending now. We both know you barely have any magic left at this point.
I know Vile will pay top Neopoint for you, but part of me just wants to keep you as a paperweight. You faeries are much better in bottles, but I still think you were best as statues. Oh, what a glorious few months that was when you were all stone!
I was really hoping it would be permanent, but of course, I end up with a house full of angry faeries right in the middle of my bottled faerie opening party. You don't mind that I'm rambling on Illusen, right?
Illusen: *Muffled yelling*
Balthazar: What's that? I can't hear you, AHAHA!
You know, now that I think about it, why let the chance to rid Neopia of such a powerful faerie slip through my paws? Maybe I should just save Vile the trouble and end you right no -
OOUUFFFHHH
Jhudora: Jhudora (Blasting Balthazar): Paws off! If anyone is going to end her, it'll be me.
Illusen: I still have enough magic to break free of your bottle Baltha… Jhudora! What are you doing here? I had him just where I wanted him!
Jhudora: Oh, were you in there? I just happened to be in the neighbourhood um… shattering random bottles.
Illusen: And spontaneously blasting Neopets?
Jhudora: Only those who deserve it.
Balthazar: *Groans*
Illusen: I don't know if he deserved quite that much. That blast of yours sure packed a wallop, will he be okay?
Jhudora: Yeah, sure… probably. More importantly, we need to inform Queen Fyora of Vile's location before he gets too far. I found him hiding out in Collectable Coins.
Illusen: Let's return to Faerieland. We will tell her, together.

Quest page dialogue:
"Hello, there!... Oh, it's kind of you to ask, but nothing is wrong! We are just doing things a bit differently this year by having two faeries host the festivities, and I guess you could say I'm just a bit anxious to see how it goes. However, other faeries and I are offering you daily quests for the next few days. Please do chip in with assistance where you can!"
You carrying out these faerie quests will help keep morals high, and while exploring for the items, you can keep an eye out for any trash or messes you can clean up to help keep our wonderful Neopia clean and healthy!
You just need to visit us every day, and one of us will have a quest ready for you. It will free up the two faeries running the event, make our work easier, and possibly even clean up Neopia. Are you ready?

(When done for the day): "You have done your part today, and for that, we thank you sincerely. If you return tomorrow, the faeries will have new quests for you!"

Give for visiting Faerie Quests daily on 10/16:
Quote:
Something Has Happened!
Image You are now eligible to use 'Illusen vs Jhudora' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

News Updates:
Oct 4 news wrote:
Despite Fyora’s best attempts, Jhudora and Illusen will be holding competing Faerie Festivals this year! Rumour has it that official invitations will be sent out tomorrow… Do you know which Festival you will be attending? If not, be sure to pick a side soon so you can be ready to start recycling your old items when their warring festivals begin on Monday (10/09)!

If you have any questions on how recycling will work, you can learn all about it at the new Faerie Festival FAQs.
Oct 5 news wrote:
Hello Neopians! We’ve heard your concerns about the upcoming recycling portion of the Faerie Festival event and have made some adjustments based on your feedback to ensure that this activity is more accessible to everyone.

One adjustment we're making is that neither NC nor R200 items will be recyclable during the event. Secondly, we are increasing the maximum number of items that can be donated per day up to 30. And finally, we are adjusting the value of points earned for items. To see the extent of the changes, you can read through the recently updated Faerie Festival and Recycling FAQs.
We understand your frustrations and appreciate those of you who voiced your concerns. Although it may not always seem like it, we are constantly reading your feedback across various platforms, and doing our best to listen and take your notes to heart. We appreciate your patience as we continue to learn and grow as a team, and we will strive to be transparent with our community while making Neopia a welcoming place for old and new players alike!
Instagram 10/6 wrote:
Hello Neopians!
We have adjusted the faerie quest pool throughout the duration of the Faerie Festival to include a far larger range of items. This change was made to negate the rampant inflation of quest items and ensure faerie quests are a fun and exciting activity for all Neopians.
As always, thank you for your suggestions and feedback! ...
Editorial 10/6 wrote:
FAERIE FESTIVAL ANNOUNCEMENT
Hello Neopians! We’ve heard your concerns about the Faerie Festival event and have made some adjustments based on your feedback to ensure that this event is more accessible to everyone.
One modification we've already made was to change the faerie quest pool to include a far larger range of items throughout the duration of the Faerie Festival. Another adjustment we're making is that neither NC nor R200 items will be recyclable during the event. Next, we are increasing the maximum number of items that can be donated per day up to 30. And finally, we are adjusting the value of points earned for items. To see the extent of the changes, you can read through the recently updated Faerie Festival and Recycling FAQs.
We understand your frustrations and appreciate those of you who voiced your concerns. Although it may not always seem like it, we are constantly reading your feedback across various platforms, and doing our best to listen and take your notes to heart. We appreciate your patience as we continue to learn and grow as a team, and we will strive to be transparent with our community while making Neopia a welcoming place for old and new players alike!
[/quote]

Ways to get R102-179's:
Giant Omelette - 1 per day
Coltzan's Shrine - once every 13 hours; resets at around 12:26am NST daily; chance at getting some R102+'s
The Snowager - 3x per day - 6:00am - 7:00am NST, 2:00pm - 3:00pm NST, and 10:00pm - 11:00pm NST
Cheat - HTML game with chance of getting a battlecard after winning a round
Wheel of Misfortune - 150nps every 2 hours, LOTS of bad outcomes: chances of disease for your active pet, active pet forgets a book that he/she read, items in inventory can be stolen or turned into sludge (so...make sure your inventory is clear and you have an active pet that maybe hasn't read any books and you don't mind getting sick?)
The Money Tree - 10 items per day, good luck!
Buried Treasure - 300nps every 3 hours, booby prize items are R102+....except the Yellow Growth, but that's asked for at the Coincidence, so it's expensive and worth selling
Cheeseroller - 3 tries daily; check JellyNeo's Guide for names of cheeses (click on them to verify rarity as many are R101)
Jhudora's Bluff -Every 12 hours; completing quests 1, 3, 5, 8, 11, 17, 20 give out R130 items. May want to purposefully fail after 11 to restart and get the easier items if you're doing this only for R130s (quest 14 gives out a R99 instead). Check out JN's guide for tips about where to find some seemingly impossible items.

Scratchcards - Max 5 purchased cards per day:
Scratchcard Kiosk - 600 nps every 6 hours (closed 9-10am NST and 1-2pm NST), Terror Trove Scratchcard or Faeries Fortune Scratchcard to donate, scratch Races to Riches for a chance at the purple or rainbow quiggle plushies
Deserted Fairground Kiosk - 1200 nps every 2 hours (no closures), Undead Jackpot of Doom Scratchcard to donate
Note: Lost Desert scratchcards are all R101, and none of their prizes are R102-179.

Free the Bottled Faeries (NC)
Balthazar strikes again! Buy a pack of Flinging Slingshots from the NC Mall and rush back to free these poor trapped faeries from their glass prisons. Aethia is stepping in for Evalla, but she’s rounded up some wonderful prizes for your hard work!
This is a NC component. There are a total of 12 bottled faeries that can be freed, and there will likely be a bonus for opening all 12.
Free the Faeries Flinging Slingshot 1-Pack - 150 NC
Free the Faeries Flinging Slingshot 3-Pack - 300 NC
Free the Faeries Flinging Slingshot 6-Pack - 550 NC
Free the Faeries Flinging Slingshot 12-Pack - 1,000 NC

---------------------------------
My take:
There are daily quests, but it appears that they are not following the standard items requested, and are using a potentially larger pool than the 2020 event. Sigh. All that stocking up on the standard items for nothing. Also, who knows if some of them will inflate like crazy like they did in 2020. :wall: I'm hoping things are mixed up and it's still using the stuff from previous years. Also hoping that I've got the items already. However, all that being said, maybe since the dialogue from the quests is the same as the 2020 event, there's something wrong and they'll fix it?

It looks like we might end up picking sides between Illusen and Jhudora? Maybe? I'm wondering if that's where the Charity Corner-type part will come in? It's obviously not active yet.

Day 1 item: Water Faerie Mushroom
Day 1 quest: Battle - Healing Potion V - +3HP +3Def +3 Str (to battle pet)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

Last edited by Pickles on Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:02 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Faerie Festival Event 2023
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:53 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Yay! Faerie Festival time again!

Day 1 Daily Reward: Faerie Spelunking Tips
Day 1 Quest: Battle - Starlight Potion - +3 defence (sic.), +3 strength, and +3 health

I bet you are correct about needing to pick a side. Also might turn into a (battle) mini-plot post festival?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:56 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Fountain Faerie floats over to you. "I have a Neopian coming soon to visit my fountain. It's their first time, and I can tell they are nervous. I'd like to get them Space-Fungused Cheese Cracker to calm their nerves, but I can't leave for long. Would you get it?"

Well, that's a great start! Can anyone lead me to the item, though? (Maybe a few links in case it's a while before I see it...)

Also, how do I check whether I already have a fountain dip ready to go? Don't I have to use the old one first?

I have no attachment to the pets on this account, but maybe I can get more clothes for someone, and maybe be able to change them right back.

Faerie Spyder Plushie (very rare) for the bonus

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:13 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Awesome start, Siniri!

Yes, you need to use the previous fountain dip before you complete this quest, or it'll be wasted. Just go to the Rainbow Fountain and if you have a dip available, it'll give you options to choose from. If you don't, you'll get: "Sorry, the fountain isn't working right now! Unfortunately it seems that too many Neopets have bathed in these magical waters and have used up all the fountain's magical power. Oh well :( Maybe if you come back at another time you will be slightly more lucky!"

I neomailed you a bunch of shops. Hopefully, you'll see them before you get to bed, because I expect the prices to continue to go up. I'll check again in the morning.

The price gouging is ridiculous already. I've spent most of the evening trying to nab things from the item pools before they skyrocket, but at least 1-2 in every pool has already gone crazy, if not more. Sigh. I've done all the 2020 item pools except for Space, though I do have a list of what I need. Sigh. Going to take a while to get through that one, but not tonight. I had hoped they wouldn't do these weird prize pools again, because a lot of the items in them have higher rarities, and while you can get some of those from dailies/battling, it's too easy to price gouge, which has already happened.

That being said, IIRC, you do NOT HAVE to complete every quest in order to get the day-of prize. I believe that's just for visiting every day. Do not do a quest if it's more expensive than it would be training!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:30 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Thanks, Pickles. They're all gone. I'm just going to cancel the quest. I just don't care enough to waste any more time trying to hunt down the item.

Edit: Pencil of the Light Faerie was bonus for today.

Next quest was gray faerie, blue toothbrush. Cancelling again. This is fun!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:37 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

FAQ is up. I'm facepalming so much right now it's not even funny. The whole event is limited to 4 types of faerie quests: Faerie Queen, Fountain, Grey, and Battle, apparently with the modified item pools from 2020 (which are MUCH SMALLER for all but Grey in terms of normal item pools). Yes, I can see that Grey might've needed a bigger item pool for the event, but the others 100% DID NOT. The inflation is already through the roof. Limiting the stupid smaller item pools to only 4 faeries only exacerbated this.

Top that off with the fact that the CC portion will be limited to 10 item donations a day (and different rarities are worth different amounts), plus add to that two different prize shops....

For example, the item I checked for you last night was like, what, 3700? It's now 200k.

Yeah. If TNT doesn't fix something here FAST, I'm calling this event completely bust. I just can't even. Just. Can't. Even.

ETA: They have removed R500's from the FAQ as a donation option. It looks like it'll be best to make your only 10 items to donate each day in the R98-100 range (because who's going to donate R200s?!), minus Sticky Snowballs, because they're still listed as 1 point.

I will update the first post with info later, once I've calmed down some. At the moment, I'm still steaming. Hoping that they'll fix things, somehow...

ETA2:
Day 2 item: Happiness Faerie Plushie
Day 2 quest: Battle - Carved Carrot Helmet (bought one last night) - +3HP +3Def +3 Str (to battle pet)

ETA3:
Okay, so I'm a little less irate now. I checked and the prices for everything haven't gone up yet. Each item pool will probably eventually go up, but the hoarders/botters haven't hit everything yet, thank goodness. My quest item was in the 300-400np range when I replaced it after my quest. I'll try to be online/available to SSW if anyone wants to ping me here, on FB, or neomail me.

It looks like HT items are now the hot thing, as they'll give nearly twice the prize points as a R98-100 will. The uber rich will be the ones to win on this, because they can afford to buy out as many HT items from other users as are needed in addition to the one per day you can buy from the HT. I wish they'd take R200 off the list and just double the number of items we can donate or something. Ah, well.

I still feel like this event was not fully thought out.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:20 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Day 2 Daily Reward: Secret Faerie Diary
Day 2 Quest: Grey - Icy Tissues ... Reward granted by the Light Faerie: +2 Levels

I guess I am a day late, Siniri... I just sent you a Space-Fungused Cheese Cracker that was rotting in my SDB.

ETA: Only Faerie Queen, Fountain, Grey, and Battle quests? Ugh. I still have a Fountain Faerie trip waiting for me, but no pets to use it on. I like my pets as-is. I guess my Lupe could get updated. Cheap enough to change back... ;)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:18 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Yeah, my battle pet is mostly maxed out, so I'm just kind of over it. I didn't want to try to buy the item without the SW or wait around and try to coordinate with things being so crazy.

Guess I need to figure out how to donate items before bed? Glad I checked in here again before bed or I'd have lost a day.

Edit: Can't find the recycling page anywhere, so I guess it's not up yet?

I can't remember if I got my CC prizes from last time, but that link is dead now. (well, technically it says I've been blocked for trying to access it)

Edit (the next morning): Apparently we need to join a team before doing the donations. Any idea which you'll join? I'm leaning Illusen, but you guys have the track record of choosing the winning team (and me the losing), so I'll defer to your choice!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:58 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The last CC prize shop had to be shut down because someone figured out a bug that was allowing them to still donate and redeem endlessly (past the event's end date). No one can access it now.

Day 3 item: The Magic of The Healing Springs
Day 3 quest: Fountain! - Chatter (bought one the other night!) - Fountain dip (holding for now to see if I get any others)

Donating isn't starting until Monday. Currently, you cannot even join a side, although the invitations are visible now. I am updating the first post with some more basic information from the FAQ's.

I have caved and bought some Squeezy Tombola Guy Toys (R200) from other users. Not enough for all the days yet, but at least for some. This is probably a (costly) mistake, as TNT might still change the way this works, but I didn't want to be completely SOL if there's some really good stuff in the prize shop. I am by no means suggesting that anyone else do this. If you want to invest in the ones from the Hidden Tower, buying one every 24 hours....that's one thing. But the second-hand market is fluctuating a lot and who knows where it might land.

I have two mindsets on this at this point:
1) I've invested a chunk now into the R200 15-point-per-item level, and I know other have as well, and I don't want them to change because they'll be screwing over everyone who started investing. If they were going to change this, it should've been done quickly yesterday, like when they removed the R500 from the FAQ, not over 24 hours later with absolute silence on the issue.
2) The R200 15-point-per-item was trash to begin with when they have the 10-item-per-day limit, and it shouldn't have even been an option in the first place and should be fixed.
Either way, they will hack off a chunk of their users, no matter what they do.

Either way, this event is turning out to be a dumpster fire, with Tombola now the unofficial mascot (at least on Discord). There are people who have not been able to get another quest after cancelling one, some of the items requested are STUPIDLY inflated, and just...yeah. The neoboards are going crazy, Discord has been going so fast I can almost not keep up reading it....just....a giant mess.

ETA:
R200's have been removed from the points. Thank goodness I was watching the boards, etc. I managed to sell all of mine very quickly...still at a loss from what I paid (by 3-4 mil), but nowhere near as bad as it could've been.

Still not thrilled that TNT keeps making changes like this without any sort of information. And to have left something like that up there and done NOTHING and said NOTHING like "changes may be coming" for 36+ hours was ridiculous.

Total items that can be donated per day has changed, too. I will update the first post again shortly.

...what a wild ride this has been so far. :evil: :wall:

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:04 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Hoo boy. What a mess. Glad I bought my squeezy toy at the hidden tower. The prices plummeted quickly since yesterday morning. It's in my shop for a little under 200k in case it actually sells. So I have one if it doesn't sell or can get one at the tower if needed. (Unless the tower is closed during quests?)

It appears the the sides choices are up. I am thinking Illusen. She is less irritating than Juhdora.

Day 3 Daily Reward: Air Faerie Hair Brush
Day 3 Quest: Fountain :( - Chocolate Spike Ball Candy - Dip in the fountain (used my existing dip first on a new pet)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:29 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

News today:
Quote:
Hello Neopians! We’ve heard your concerns about the upcoming recycling portion of the Faerie Festival event and have made some adjustments based on your feedback to ensure that this activity is more accessible to everyone.
One adjustment we're making is that neither NC nor R200 items will be recyclable during the event. Secondly, we are increasing the maximum number of items that can be donated per day up to 30. And finally, we are adjusting the value of points earned for items. To see the extent of the changes, you can read through the recently updated Faerie Festival and Recycling FAQs.
I mean, I'm glad they listened, but....I still feel like they should've made SOME sort of communication saying, hey, we're paying attention, we're looking into it. Goodness knows, there's enough media outlets that they could've done so on. It would've spared a lot of people a lot of loss. I feel bad for those who bought up the R200's (like I did) but then weren't online when things went south for those (and thus lost out a lot more than I did since I was able to quicksell most of mine), but ALSO for those those who bought enough R98-100's...which were up to around 10k before

As I was typing the above, Willow and Ivy got on Discord. I was on when it happened...here's some responses they gave:
Quote:
TNT_Willow — Today at 8:17 PM
Hey all!

I saw a lot of people upset or confused why Ivy and I weren't around the past few days. We wanted to let you know that we saw ALL of your concerns and passed them on to the rest of the team. Unfortunately, there are certain things we can and cannot say publicily, especially when it comes to changes in-progress, so thanks for bearing with us! We know that the changes implemented won't make everyone 100% happy, but the team is doing their best to make as many people as happy as possible.

That being said, we are always open to hearing your concerns and suggestions, so please keep having these (respectful) discussions for what you'd like to see onsite. We hear you, and our doing our best to pass along all constructive criticism and concerns.
Quote:
TNT_Willow — Today at 8:37 PM
I believe that the thought behind this was making r102-r179 worth more points allows more users to be able to access them, and therefore allows more users to have a chance at good items in the prize shop.
Not saying I personally agree or disagree with this, but I think that was the thought process there.
They are working on the reject quest not being able to get another one glitch
Quote:
TNT_Willow — Today at 8:39 PM
Kind of going back to my original post here, We know that the changes implemented won't make everyone 100% happy, but the team is doing their best to make as many people as happy as possible.
Quote:
TNT Ivy — Today at 8:40 PM
One thing to keep note of – this has all been worked on really hard by the team. Making changes, especially big ones, aren't feasible on the backend super last minute. TNT is working really hard to do what they can based on all of your feedback, and trying to keep it fair. We hear you.
In regards to why we were told to hoard:
Quote:
TNT_Willow — Today at 8:44 PM
I'll be honest, I do not know the rational behind this. I suspect there was a miscommunication or a change of plans, but I can't be certain.
My advice to you guys, and take this with about 5,000 grains of salt, would be to hold on to your junk. As of right now I do not know of any plans for future charity corners, but the way the team wants to keep improving Neopets, who knows, another CC could be in our future!
Quote:
TNT Ivy — Today at 8:46 PM
I also have mentioned it a few times to others on the team today – it really is unfortunate, because I do know TNT never meant to lead anyone in the wrong direction or make you believe this was an actual Charity Corner. We made sure to keep saying "similar" and other synonyms, but I think we all got a bit too eager (myself as a user, too).
They have relayed the suggestion for a point-based cap instead of a total item-based cap.

They're actually still on but I think that covers the issues that were asked about and addressed.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:08 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Just getting back to Neo now. I had to run to three different grocery stores (no milk at the second one), and while I was out, my cat managed to knock her 2lb treat canister off the top shelf (removing the lid first, of course), which took a couple of hours to clean up (because of course it was on open shelving and treats managed to fall inside various bags, boxes, and containers). Messed up all my plans for the day and didn't get nearly as much done as I wanted.

So I'm just going to get my daily quest and hope that's all I need to do today.

Edit: just to make sure, I checked the dialogue and clicked I'd like to help on the page with the two invitations. Now the dialogue is gone and I don't think it did anything? Shrugs...

Usuki Faerieland Play Set

And I can't get a quest. It keeps refreshing when I click to get today's... I assume this is the glitch? Now I have to submit a ticket. I have to be at work in less than eight hours. I just want to go to bed. :cry:

Edit: I have 140 omelettes in the highest prize point range. How many days will we be donating (and how many items total)? Anything else I probably have in my SDB? I really shouldn't have been so lazy about getting those omelettes...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:00 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Day 4 item: Air Faerie Hair Brush
Day 4 quest: Fountain - White Chocolate Lupe (had 3 in SDB) - Fountain dip (holding as I ended up using yesterday's after all - I have an idea of what I might do with this one though)

Siniri, I suspect you were hit by this:
Pickles wrote:
There are people who have not been able to get another quest after cancelling one
It is supposed to be fixed as of sometime overnight/this morning. I'm sorry I didn't post about it earlier...I spent most of Tuesday reeling from the original FAQ.

Also, last I heard, we cannot choose sides yet. If you click on Fyora, it'll bring the dialogue back up again with the invitations.

There is some confusion as to how many days we'll be able to donate. The news says donating starts on Monday (9th) and the FAQ says we can donate until the 17th...but the event ends on the 19th, so some people are speculating that donating might continue past it the 17th. That being said, we could end up being able to donate anywhere from 8-11 days, depending on whether or not the 17th is included or not or if it goes all the way to the 19th. I am trying to stay on top of any changes to the FAQ and event as much as I can in the first post.

That being said, I would operate under the assumption that there will be 9 days of donating, at 30 items per day, you'd need 270 items.

Omelettes are not the only things you might have sitting in your SDB that qualify. Check out JN's Items rarity 102-179. Many of the battlecards you can get for winning at Cheat are on the list (not all but most - some are R101s), as well as many scratchcards (not the lowest tier - they are R101s), as well as some of the scratchcard prizes and even some 'junk' from dailies or battling (Bang Bang Neggs, anyone?). I mean, I wouldn't go donate items that you can't get anymore (like the Meerca Chase plushies, etc) or paint brushes or TCG cards, but you may find some random items that will help you up your total.

ALL OF THAT BEING SAID: based on how many changes there have been already, understand that you are taking a risk by stocking up on any additional items you might need now. They have changed things up twice now (removing R500's, then the massive changes yesterday). They may yet change the point values of R98-100's again, or of any of the other categories.

ETA:
Someone (Edd on discord) kindly made a list of places that you can get more R102-179's. I've added one thing and some notes to each just as a reminder, as there are some pitfalls on some of these!
Giant Omelette - 1 per day
Coltzan's Shrine - once every 13 hours; resets at around 12:26am NST daily; chance at getting some R102+'s
The Snowager - 3x per day - 6:00am - 7:00am NST, 2:00pm - 3:00pm NST, and 10:00pm - 11:00pm NST
Cheat - HTML game with chance of getting a battlecard after winning a round
Wheel of Misfortune - 150nps every 2 hours, LOTS of bad outcomes: chances of disease for your active pet, active pet forgets a book that he/she read, items in inventory can be stolen or turned into sludge (so...make sure your inventory is clear and you have an active pet that maybe hasn't read any books and you don't mind getting sick?)
The Money Tree - 10 items per day, good luck!

Scratchcards - Max 5 purchased cards per day:
Scratchcard Kiosk - 600 nps every 6 hours (closed 9-10am NST and 1-2pm NST), Terror Trove Scratchcard or Faeries Fortune Scratchcard to donate, scratch Races to Riches for a chance at the purple or rainbow quiggle plushies
Deserted Fairground Kiosk - 1200 nps every 2 hours (no closures), Undead Jackpot of Doom Scratchcard to donate
Note: Lost Desert scratchcards are all R101, and none of their prizes are R102-179.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:42 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

This is all too confusing for my brain. I shall just plod along as per usual.

Day 4 Daily Reward: Faerie Kacheek Pen
Day 4 Quest: Fyora - Grenelon - level (+2) , strength (+?), and health (+5) have increased -- a lot!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:33 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Yeah, I figured that's what happened Pickles. I sent in a ticket as proof that I did try to get a quest every day. I'll be ticked if I don't get the bonus.

Today's bonus: Rancid Faerie Potion
Battle faerie: Healing Potion VIII (plenty in the SDB).

I wasn't planning to buy anything. I assume I'll have enough. It's just nice to check (and do dailies to get what I can).

Here's what I have:
124 omelettes
90 scratchcards (plus enough RtR to scratch 5/day)
1 little Timmy battlecard (edit: and a silver branston card)
10 CS lenses, 5 coltzan weapons
29 bang bang neggs
2 rancid old meat (buried treasure?)
Edit: 1 poisonous lollypop
11 spooky treasure map pieces
272274 items

And JN is down. Because that's how this week has gone for me. What WoMis prizes are in the range? NM, it's back. I never spin that wheel. Not worth the misfortune.

Especially when I should hopefully already have enough items (and can work on getting more for the next couple of weeks).

According to JN, there are no snowager prizes in that range (unless their Snowie special category is broken -- which it does seem to be. Weird.). But I did find several Meriacre farm and cheese roller items! And Neggsweeper neggs (can you win them as prizes?). Jhudora quest items, I think. And Illusen's? Do you get rock baby cabbages and spongy mounds from Buried Treasure as well?

There are several things I have in my frozen main's SDB. But I have enough, so it's okay.