Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:18 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Charity Corner - Living with Less
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:48 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm still holding off on spending. I'll activate stocks and bank tomorrow evening, and make sure not to buy/collect interest before then, so I can get the extra day at the end of it.

There's some perks that are apparently still buggy (the petpet painting one, I think?).

Earlier in the day, the More for Less was letting people get game avatars at 20% of the needed score instead of at 20% LESS than the needed score (or 80% of the needed score). Kinda hoping that TNT revokes those that got the avatars at ridiculously low scores. I can understand the need for some of the games to have the chance at getting the avatars (because with faster computers, SOME of the original scores are now virtually impossible - not all of them, but some of them), and this perk is a nice way of doing so, but pretty sure some people were abusing the glitch and getting the avvies at the 20% score on purpose. Sigh.

The forgo option is nice. I might use that, but we'll see.

ETA: So I checked for the Game avvies I still need. You know, just for grins, to see if there'd even be a chance of me getting any, because it'd be useful to know before even trying for that perk.

Extreme Potato Counter (regular score - 200, with perk - 160) My high score? 106
Chances at me getting the avvie even with the lower score? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah probably not.

Skeith - Jelly Processing Plant (regular score - 1000, with perk - 800) My high score? 811
Chances at me getting the avvie even with the lower score? This one would be possible - this is one of the ones that having faster computers can reallllly hurt you on.

Petpetsitter (regular score - 2500, with perk - 2000) My high score? 1430
Chances at me getting the avvie even with the lower score? :roflol: :lol: :roflol: :lol: Yeah probably not.

Typing Terror (regular score - 3600, with perk - 2880) My high score? 3537
Chances at me getting the avvie even with the lower score? Pretty good.

A53 - LIKE A BOSS (regular score - 20000, with perk - 16000) My high score? 17396
Chances at me getting the avvie even with the lower score? Me not having this is sheer laziness to have learned this game on my part. It's on my to-do list for the beginning of a month sometime so I can get a trophy and the avvie at the same time.

So....I could most likely get 3 of the 5 I'm missing, 1 of which I'm close on as is, 1 of which I don't have on sheer laziness, and 1 of which I probably could've gotten back in the day if I'd paid attention then. maybe some practice ahead of time might be needed.

Looking at the list of all game avatars, though, I remember the trouble I went through to get my scores up just high enough for some of them, and now that people are able to get them at 20% less, it kinda stings a bit to have gotten them at the higher scores (especially the ones that it was a matter of practice and/or luck on and I worked my tail off to get a couple years ago when I went after avatars - Extreme Herder, Petpet Rescue, Faerie Bubbles, Mynci Beach Volleyball and OMG FEED FLORG...). I'm kinda proud that I managed to pull some of those off.

So now I'm kinda wondering if I'll feel happy if I get the above 5 with the 20% off, or if I'll feel like I cheated to get them (even though the perk would be technically legit). Hm. It requires some thinking, I guess.

ETA2:
Activated the Stock and Bank boons. No problem with either of them working. I still have 16,500 points left to spend, but I'm not in a hurry at this point, so I'll hang onto them for now.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:36 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I activated the stock and bank perks, too - before 7:30am, so I've now got a calendar reminder to do dailies before 7:30am on Sat. 6/6/2020. Note: Select perks before dailies, but later in the day when they're timed perks...

Edit: I just used Spiked x2. +20 defense, which brought my pet to 751, which I think is the max boost.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:45 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I redeemed the Wish Upon a Wishing Well once during the Faerie Quest event.

So, no clue when a next CC event might be, so I finally cracked and tried my luck at Perk Me Up.
Forgoes: (I think these are right? - I did this last night and couldn't remember exactly how many of which, but I'm pretty sure this was it. - I just know I used the forgo option 10x)
Colour It Wild (x3)
Wanna Bet On It?(x2) - got this early on and as I really wanted More for Less, I passed on it for now
Pile On (x3)
Can I Keep It? (x1)
Zapped! (x1)

Ones I accepted:
Bring Back the Old Days (only one I was missing was Neopets Puzzle Adventure, so I went ahead and took it)
One More Time (It let me pick from most of the non-Perk-me-up options, but not Bank or Stocks - I chose Cartogriphication, which I haven't used at all, so if I chose to, I should technically do this 11 times now instead of 10)
Zapped! (I did a thing, created a new pet and petpet, and painted the petpet Eventide with this)
More for Less see below
Prized Possessions (enjoying the extra 10 items from battling every day)

I still have 4700 points left to spend. Holding off for now on redeeming any of those. Not sure if I want to try out Spiked! twice, do the Carto one 11 times, and the Wishing well one twice more (which would put me to 4700) OR try again for a second shot at More for Less or Prized Possessions. I guess we'll see.

Pickles wrote:
Extreme Potato Counter (regular score - 200, with perk - 160) My high score? 106 137
Chances at me getting the avvie even with the lower score? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah probably not.
ETA: **Completed WITHOUT the perk!!! New high score for myself (under review) for myself in one super great run where I actually got over 200!!**

Skeith - Jelly Processing Plant (regular score - 1000, with perk - 800) My high score? 811
Chances at me getting the avvie even with the lower score? This one would be possible - this is one of the ones that having faster computers can reallllly hurt you on.

**Completed with the perk and set a new high score for myself!**

Petpetsitter (regular score - 2500, with perk - 2000) My high score? 1430
Chances at me getting the avvie even with the lower score? :roflol: :lol: :roflol: :lol: Yeah probably not.
Ahahahahahahaha...yeah, not even trying yet
ETA: Tried and scored less than 1100. I don't think this one is physically possible anymore, even with the 20% off, unless you have an ancient computer.

Typing Terror (regular score - 3600, with perk - 2880) My high score? 3537
Chances at me getting the avvie even with the lower score? Pretty good.
**Completed with the perk**

A53 - LIKE A BOSS (regular score - 20000, with perk - 16000) My high score? 17396
Chances at me getting the avvie even with the lower score? Me not having this is sheer laziness to have learned this game on my part. It's on my to-do list for the beginning of a month sometime so I can get a trophy and the avvie at the same time.
Completed before the perk

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:59 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Hmm. I have a lot of perks left. I doubt they'll roll over, so I should probably figure out what to spend them on soon. And my AC points. And... I think that's it?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:10 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well, I decided to try for Prized Possessions again, forgoed Zapped! and Can I Keep It, then had an error and it deducted the full 2k points without giving me any perk or even perk options. Sigh. I've submitted a ticket, so hopefully it'll get fixed so I can give it another try. I understand from the help boards that TNT has been pretty good about addressing issues like this quickly, so here's hoping!

ETA: :o :o :o Within HOURS (literally - less than 3!) my points are back! I'll try again tomorrow. Kudos to TNT for a quick turnaround on this!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:56 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Pickles, are you using a guide to explain the perks? I found them confusing when a friend tried to use them, which is why I haven't bothered much, but I do want to use up my points soon. (That and AC prize shop...)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:12 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm using JN's guide.
It's mostly accurate (although they don't have info about how some of the perks work, like the one more time one). For the petpet color-change, I was allowed to select ANY of my petpets to change the color for - not necessarily my active, though I had the one active I wanted already, anyways.

Perk Me Up you select, say Yes, and then wait a second for it to pop up the option you "spun". Then you can forgo or not. I think yesterday, I chose forgo and didn't wait for the page to refresh before I clicked on it again to try, and that might've been why my next perk poofed? So, key thing there is to make sure the page refreshes before you try for your next "spin."
If you forgo, it docks you 100 points. If you take it, it docks you 2000.

I'm not sure how much you're on FB, but I'm on frequently and can chat directly with you there if you have a slew of specific questions. :)

ETA: Here I go, gambling away the rest of my points...

Perk 1: Prized Possessions.

...that was anticlimatic.

I was figuring I'd waste the rest of my points on this, trying to get that one perk, but I guess not. Here's to 2 more weeks of extra prizes. Guess I'll spend 1100 of my remaining 2500 on the Carto perk, since I did pay to do it an extra time, and a few days of Right Round Round? Or something like that? Fun times

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:59 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
It looks like I should finally do something with my 3967 points...

500 points went to In a New Avatar. Fortunately, I first checked JN's avatar finder and snapped up the easy ones. Actually received the "best" one - Korbat Royal - in the opposite gender of the one I already had! Worth the 500 points.

Next I chose Spiked!, but no idea which stat was improved. 1000 points well spent? Not sure. Probably.

Now, what to do with the remaining 2,467 points? One more spiked? Gamble on the Perk me Up for a sidebar I don't have? No idea.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 8:05 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

So I went ahead and have done Carto 11 times now, making sure to activate in the afternoon at earliest to get two days of trying out of each 24 hour period. Still get to go tomorrow, but not much luck with the exception of a 10k day and a 5k day. No stamp. Ah, well. It was still fun to use.

I also used Spiked! on my battle pet...which gave me 2 levels. *headdesk* Because she needs more levels. Sigh. I mean, it's still technically a deal, and at least it went to a stat that I haven't technically maxed out, but it would've been nice to get a few HP out of it instead.

With all that, I had 400 points left, so I started Right Round Round for the first time today (can do so 3 more times with my remaining 300 points), so hopefully I'll remember to spin frequently. If I spread it out, I can double up on the WOK for two days, so I'll probably spread it out like I have been for Carto just for that.

Pickles wrote:
ETA: For grins, here's my SDB stats after running dailies (not battling) this morning. You know, just for comparison next year, as to where I start, etc.
Items: 5,319 | Qty: 19,240
Just quoting this here, because I'm giggling just a little bit. My totals are WAAAAY above that. I'm definitely prepared for CC this year.

ETA: Disregard about this potentially being next. Apparently there will be no events until Altador Cup. Too much of the staff is working on flash conversion. Sigh. May will be a boring month on Neo.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 12:42 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Phew. I'm relieved. I still have AC points to spend, and CC points, but I've got a resume to submit in the next 3 hours and 18 minutes, and the most recent copy I have is from August 2008 (frustrating, because I know I've updated it since then).

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 8:02 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Siniri wrote:
Phew. I'm relieved. I still have AC points to spend, and CC points, but I've got a resume to submit in the next 3 hours and 18 minutes, and the most recent copy I have is from August 2008 (frustrating, because I know I've updated it since then).

Good luck with the resume submitting!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:48 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:08 pm
Sigh. Bank Bribery and Cheaper By the Dozen ended yesterday, and are now out of stock. I'm going to miss those boons!

At some point, I need to spend my last 300 points. Probably won't be today - too much else going on.

ETA: I'm a few days late in posting this, but...
News Sept 2 wrote:
HEADS UP: I hope you're in a giving mood Neopians, because Charity Corner is coming soon. Everyone's favorite charitable event is just around the corner, so get ready to give until it hurts!

Guess I'd better spend my last points...

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:41 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I have a lot of points left... and I'm site-banned.

Quote:
Access Denied
www.neopets.com is using a security service for protection against online attacks. An action has triggered the service and blocked your request.

Please try again in a few minutes. If the issue persist, please contact the site owner for further assistance.

Apparently it's happening to a fair number of people. I was racing through my dailies, and it gave me that on the last one. "A few minutes" is not accurate. Hopefully I'll be back online tomorrow morning... *kicks site*

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:22 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well, I just activated my last Right Round Round with my last 100 points. At least this year, I spent them all! Whew!

I suspect that they're delaying starting the next year's CC because of the issues. Hopefully they'll get it fixed quickly! I'm ready to donate again!

ETA: Eesh. Prices on junk are already up. I checked just for grins, and a lot of 1np items are already going for 30np+! Glad I'm more than ready from hoarding over the last year!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:31 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Hmm. Really need to spend my points tomorrow. I don't know what I really want. I think I have like 12k left. Kind of a lot. Maybe a week of Food Club? I haven't really bet since I was frozen; it was too depressing on my much newer account, and I didn't really have enough savings to take the ups and downs.

Edit: Didn't spend the points. Apparently it's started. No time to figure it out right now. Shoot.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5