3: 0
4: 0
Gift boxes: 1
BLB: Day 10
Total: 218,875

High on record: 463,750
Low on record: 451,375
Rounds w/no BLB: 2

...starting to wonder if I got stuck on no matches at some point. This is getting ridiculous.

Re: Trudy's Surprise (Slot Machine)! [Split 4 ever]

Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:49 pm

Could be?

Saturday, no matches, 18.5 & Groovy Lava Lamp Background

Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:31 am

Day 16: 18.5k
Day 17: 19k

I had a short streak of no matches, but yours is ridiculous, P. Maybe try spinning on a different device?

Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:30 pm

Day 18: match 3, 19.5k

0: 16 (215,875)
2: 1 (3,000)
3: 1 (19,500)
Total: 238,375

OMW finally! And match 3 at that!

Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:57 pm

Woohoo! Now matches the rest of the round and another BLB.

Day 18: 19k

Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:24 pm

Sunday... No matches, 18.5k.

Did get great matches at the junkyard this weekend ;)

Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:03 pm

Day 19: 19k

That's a win, Blue! My landlord told me that the leak in our house seems to be caused by my washing machine. I'm skeptical because 1) it started dripping from the ceiling over a week after we'd last done laundry 2) the first plumber ran the washer through a full cycle and checked and there was no water under, beside, or behind the machine, 3) during the week after that plumber came, before we did laundry again, it stopped dripping while we were sleeping/at work and started again after we showered (though not a lot... Maybe a quart or so over the week).

It's possible that the washer failed when we used it again, because it did make a weird noise during the second of three loads, and we did get nearly a gallon of water in the week after doing laundry. I suppose if the floor is sloped enough, the water went only to places we weren't looking, but still... I'm skeptical that it's *just* the washer.

I kind of want to test the washer myself and confirm it's leaking, but without causing a huge mess if it indeed is. Any ideas how I can do that? If it is, I wonder if it's something I can fix myself. And I pray that my renter's insurance actually covers it if I am responsible. Though my deductible means I would have been better off buying new than used. :wall:

Also, there are so many holes my cat has to be confined to my bedroom for the next several days, and she's very active and destructive when mad. She woke me up at 4:30.

(Also have to get a skin tag fully removed after it came back precancerous... I only removed it because it was in a spot irritated by clothing, and the dermatologist wasn't concerned about it at all, which makes me worry about all the ones she was concerned about that we're waiting and seeing on...)

Overall, yesterday was very stressful.

Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:09 am

Day 19: no matches, 18.5k

0: 17 (234,375)
Total: 256,875

Siniri, that sounds like a nightmare!

Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:30 pm

Day 20: 19k

Well, there was a little water under the washing machine where it was pulled out from the wall and into the hallway. I won't really have time until Thursday to look up how to determine where the leak is coming from and 100% confirm it was my washer, but it seems likely it was at least part of the problem. It's just crazy that the floor is so sloped that not a single drop off water came out where we could see it/feel it!

Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:25 pm

Day Monday. Three matches, 19.5k
Day Tuesday, no matches 18.5k

Glad you are narrowing down the leak source. Water will take strange routes to get where it wants to go. Washing machine leaks are no fun. You could in theory get a large metal pan to put underneath the washer, start the cycle and wait/watch for water. You can do the test without the pan, too. Either way, be ready to shut it off quickly and have old towels at the ready. If it is the machine, it could be one or more of several things. The intake water valve could be cracked and leaking (or hose not attached properly). This would leak water only when filling the machine. Worst and most obvious is a cracked drain pump and/or bad seal on the pump/hose. Worst case, you get some or all the full tub's water in a hurry as it pumps the water out of the tub. Or, could be a cracked tub (unlikely). My past experience has been a discharge pump issue. Not good. You could potentially also have a crack in the drain pipe in the wall, so you are get water in the wall when the machine pumps out the water. Except for a cracked tub, the valve and/or pump are fairly straightforward repairs. Based on the work you have done on your Prius, I am certain that you can fix your washer, too... assuming that it is indeed the washer.

Good luck with the tag removal!

Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:35 am

Day 20: no matches, 18.5k

0: 18 (252,875)
Total: 275,375

Ditto on the good luck, Siniri!

My whole week just got upended again. Several things are closed/canceled due to this unseasonably late storm, which affects coming weeks due to the things that need to be rescheduled. Ugh, what a mess. At least I don't have anywhere I have to go tomorrow, now, and can spend the time catching up on things? Maybe?

Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:53 pm

Day Wednesday, 2 matches, 19k.

Bummer about the rescheduling, P. That can be such a hassle. But, on the bright side, you get a nice rain day. We had lots of rain the last couple of days. Wreaked havoc on the morning drive. It was the trifecta - daylight saving change which somehow affects driving, "first rain" which brings up all the oils from the road (i.e. super slippery), and flooding too. Apparently one section of freeway had 2 feet of standing water due to blocked storm drains. So... glad I was not on that freeway...

Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:22 pm

Day 21: match 2, 19k + gift box

0: 18 (252,875)
2: 2 (22,000)
Gift boxes: 2
Total: 294,375

It rained most of yesterday, has been raining most of today, and will rain at least most of tomorrow and probably a chunk of Friday, too. This is unusual for us - usually it just rains in the afternoon and is then gone. I've had enough rain. Not getting to see the sun for so long has seriously dampened my mood, especially with other depressing things going on.

Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:30 am

Day 21: 19k and disco tasu

Glad you made it through safely, Pickles and Blue. Hopefully the sun will come out tomorrow.

Tomorrow I've got to troubleshoot the washer. Definitely going to try running it with the back partially removed so I can see where the water is coming from. A cracked drain in the wall would be ideal because that would be the landlord's responsibility.
Topic locked