Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:32 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5992 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 378, 379, 380, 381, 382, 383, 384 ... 400  Next
 Post subject: Re: Trudy's Surprise (Slot Machine)! [Split 4 ever]
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:20 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Day 3: match 2, 5k

0: 1 (5,000)
2: 2 (7,000)
3: 0
4: 0
Gift boxes:
BLB: Day 2
Total: 12,000

High on record: 463,750
Low on record: 451,375
Rounds w/no BLB: 2

We'll see how things go for the next couple days... :huh:

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:04 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Day 22: 19k

Historical data:
Record high: 461,750 (before they updated the site), 465,375 (duplicate days glitch)
Record low: 452,375

Here's hoping you get a second BLB, Pickles!

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:21 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Day 4: match 2, 6k

2: 3 (13,000)
Gift boxes:
Total: 18,000

Second BLB would be awesome. Not losing power in the next few days would be even more awesome. AC is set to 70. Fridge/freezer temps are lowered (although there is little in them, since we cleared them both mostly out before our trip). Freezer is packed with ice. Rain has been coming already since late last night. Saddle up, here we go...

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:41 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Stay safe, Pickles. I hope the storm causes less damage than predicted. Florida is usually well prepared, which helps a lot. Ar least you've just started a round if you do get reset.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:37 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Day... today?

NO matches, 18.5k.

I do have the info for the prior several days, but it is definitely not a good round this time.

Go, Siniri, Go!

Stay safe, P! Hopefully, this storm passes you by and your power stays on!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:41 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Day 23: 18.5k and Groovy Lava Lamp Background

Historical data:
Record high: 461,750 (before they updated the site), 465,375 (duplicate days glitch)

Saw a FB post from P that they lost power at 2:15 a.m. NST and were still expecting high winds for a bit longer yet. The window and sliding door on their lanai were shifting in the wind, but otherwise they seemed good. Hopefully they make it through the rest with no worries.

Since the storm is tracking further east, now we won't get even any rain from it, but my siblings in Virginia are going to get it. (The two on the coast don't live in flood zones, so they should hopefully be fine.)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Day 5: match 2, 7k

2: 4 (10,000)
Gift boxes:
Total: 15,000

We're fine. The worst is now past us. The sliding door was REALLY freaky. I was afraid it was going to buckle with how much it was shifting. No damage overall that we can see, but still no power. Neighbor reported it looks like a power pole well outside of our neighborhood cracked. I doubt we're a high priority, but we do have the factor that we have no flooding and no super high winds now, so that MIGHT be in our favor? We could be out for a while.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:45 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Glad you're all OK and little to no damage! Hopefully power will be restored soon.

Today:
18500 Neopoints
Basic Gift Box
Music to Groove to Book

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:32 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Day 24: 18.5k

Historical data:

Just one more day to make it official. Even subtracting one of the BLBs makes it an insane round, right up there with the match-everyday glitch (though subtracting the day 8 BLB would make it a slightly above average round -- which would still be great considering the day 1 BLB start).

Pickles, that sounds scary. I hope you get power back sooner than later, and can figure out how to fix/better secure the sliding door. Hang in there.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:40 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Day 6: no matches, 9k +Jelly Barlow

0: 2 (14,000)
Gift boxes:
Total: 24,000

Still no power. Our outage has moved to "dispatched" status, for whatever that means. Supposedly, "nearly all customers" will have power back in our area by Sunday night at 11:59pm. We'll see.

The worst thing so far has been today, we had TKD belt testing. And the TKD studio also had no power. It was HOT (even with the doors open). When MLP had hers in the afternoon, there was a breeze, but by the time we had ours, it was dark outside and were tested in emergency lights and flashlights. Thankfully, they went easier on us than usual, which is good because I was worried about some of the other adults overheating. Cold shower actually felt good when we got home....but I am looking forward to having electricity again. It's supposed to get down to 67 tonight, so we have windows open again in the hopes of cooling the house back down again (it got up to 75 inside today, according to the battery-powered thermometer we have), but tomorrow is supposed to be much hotter outside, and thus will get more uncomfortable, I suspect.

One of our friends offered to store our frozen food, and most of it was still frozen when we got to it. Just lost things like a few popsicles, half a tub of ice cream, and the eggos (that were soggy, ewwww). The gallon baggies I half-filled with water and froze down before the storm arrived hadn't started melting yet, and we had those around the rest of the food. Hoping to get power back soon, because I'm starting to run out of laptop battery, despite only getting on for brief moments. The phones can be easily recharged with battery packs or in the car, the laptop...not as easily done. Ah, well...

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:22 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Hopefully, they get your power back on soon, P! Does not sound awesome, but I am glad you did not lose your food (other than the soggy Eggos, ice cream and popsicles).

I somehow did not spin yesterday :x

Ah well, I will wait a day and resume tomorrow to synch up with Siniri. Go, Siniri, go!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:10 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Day 25: 100k

Historical data:
Record high: 461,750 (before they updated the site), 465,375 (duplicate days glitch), 467,750 (double BLB glitch)

It's official. Woohoo! Blue, it stinks you were reset, but it'll be nice to be synced with someone again. Are you back from vacation?

Pickles, it's insane that they held the tests in those circumstances, but I'm glad they made at least some accomodations. Hopefully your power is restored soon. Next time, eat the ice cream!

Hurricane Gloria was a category 5 that was supposed to directly hit us when I was a kid, but it stalled offshore and then headed north instead, where it weakened in the colder waters. We still got enough of it to get a little damage and lose power.

My parents woke us up after the storm shifted, and we ate the ice cream before it melted then went back to bed. My mom cooked the bacon and eggs a couple of hours later on our camping stove so we wouldn't lose those, either. (They'd filled the deep freezer with everything else and orange juice cartons full of solid ice, so that ended up being okay because we never opened it.)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:38 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Day 7: no matches, 10.5k

0: 3 (24,500)
Gift boxes:
Total: 34,500

We have POWER!!! SO happy about it, too. The upstairs is still pretty warm (it came on while we were out for dinner, treating the kids since they did an AWESOME job helping clean up in our neighborhood today), so while the downstairs is reasonable...the upstairs is probably too warm to sleep in yet. Maybe by midnight? It got pretty hot up there during the day today. I'm very grateful that we didn't have to go through tonight without power, though, because while the last two evenings got down below 70, tonight is not supposed to, so it would've been miserable even with the windows open.

We didn't know how long we'd lose power for, so once it was out, we left the freezer SHUT. With temperature sensors in it, we could kinda tell how things were going. Our deep freezer was completely empty (and unplugged to protect it from the multiple power off/on surges we had before we lost power).

While the cold shower after doing all the outside work today wasn't too terrible, I am definitely looking forward to a warm shower tomorrow morning!

Also, what is it with the I-named hurricanes? We took Ike directly on the eye path (and while we were inland some, it was still baaaad and things were a mess for weeks afterwards), then Irma and now Ian here. :huh:

Back on topic:
Bummer, Blue, on missing a day. :(

Congrats on the new high, Siniri!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:34 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Day 1, no matches, no BLB, 1.5k

Yay for restored power!
Yay for minimal damage!
Yay for an awesome round!
Yay for being back from vacation?
Yay for bartending and awesome wedding reception tonight with excellent tips! Even better is that it was an early evening (5p-10p), so I was home at a reasonable hour, too! Wahoo!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:58 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Day 1: same as Blue, 1.5k

Great news, Pickles! Hurricane Isabel was no joke, either... It permanently cleaved an island in two in the Outer Banks of NC, rerouted a river (which put a town permanently under water, though they relocated it to the newly dry land), and had 25'+ waves (it took out the cameras at the NOAA research pier, so they don't actually know how tall the tallest one was, but it was big enough to lift out some of the concrete slabs of the pier, which is 25' above the water). Even though it went north to my family in Virginia, we had tropical storm winds as far west as Durham. Always watch out for the I storms, along with the eye of the storm.

Do you guys have a generator? It could at least protect your food and let you charge phones and run fans. Hopefully this is the last major hurricane this year.

Extra money is good, Blue! I'm still picking up the occasional babysitting and pet-sitting gig. I made enough extra this month that I could put my housemate's share of the rent completely in savings (and half of each paycheck goes in there, too). I need to sign up for the 403(b) plan at work and set up payments on my student loans again (new job qualifies for public service forgiveness, I'm pretty sure).

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5992 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 378, 379, 380, 381, 382, 383, 384 ... 400  Next