For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

question

Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:33 am

anyone know why round table poker was taken down the site?

Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:36 am

If your account is under 13, or you live in Australia, that would be why - both have no access to those type of games. Don't eat me if I'm wrong, I'm neither, and are only going off of what others have told me.

Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:49 am

Twizzler0171 wrote:If your account is under 13, or you live in Australia, that would be why - both have no access to those type of games. Don't eat me if I'm wrong, I'm neither, and are only going off of what others have told me.

Actually, Australians got luck and chance games back ages ago..

Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:54 am

Deku wrote:
Twizzler0171 wrote:If your account is under 13, or you live in Australia, that would be why - both have no access to those type of games. Don't eat me if I'm wrong, I'm neither, and are only going off of what others have told me.

Ah. Shows you how much I know, eh? :P You learn something new every day.

Oh! Another thought just popped into my head. They might have taken it off for a short period of time, to do something with it, maybe? Hm.

Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:07 am

Still there fore me.

http://www.neopets.com/games/draw_poker ... oker.phtml

Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:25 am

Deku wrote:

Only Australians over the age of 13.

Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:26 am

Alex wrote:
Deku wrote:

Er, I'm guessing you mean 13 and over? Because I'm 13 and my Neo account has the same age, and I get them...

Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:29 am

Deku wrote:
Alex wrote:
Deku wrote:

Er, I'm guessing you mean 13 and over? Because I'm 13 and my Neo account has the same age, and I get them...

My apologies, I did mean 13 and over.

It's players under the age of 13 who can't play the luck and chance games.

Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:14 am

but i remmber playing it last yar...

Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:18 am

You probably played it before that show in Australia did their big story on it which resulted in them being taken away

Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:19 am

it's a recent (in the last few months) modification that removed them from the under-13's.

Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:28 am

Basically an eight year old appeared in the Australian paper describing Neopets.com. Being the New Member that he was the paper had entirely wrong information such as "if you do not gamble enough your pet is sent to the orphanage" and "gambling is the only way to get neopoints." Because of this blatantly false article several outraged mothers, that didn't bother listening to people that knew what they were talking about because a cute little 8 year old told them otherwise, complained to Neopets.com

Seeing this as a potential severe money loss Neopets.com decided it would be best to stop Australians from using the gambling games. However, the angry Australians that knew what they doing complained due to not being able to use things like the Wheel of Excitement due to it being "gambling"

Faced with two evident problems Neopets decided to stop users under the age of 13 from using gambling games, no matter where they live.

That's why you could play before but can no longer play

Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:53 pm

Thankfully, you will get the games back automatically on your 13th birthday. :) I only ended up without them for a couple of months, and I can't say I missed them very much.

Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:57 am

thank you very much for the info

Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:15 pm

the_dog_god wrote:Basically an eight year old appeared in the Australian paper describing Neopets.com. Being the New Member that he was the paper had entirely wrong information such as "if you do not gamble enough your pet is sent to the orphanage" and "gambling is the only way to get neopoints." Because of this blatantly false article several outraged mothers, that didn't bother listening to people that knew what they were talking about because a cute little 8 year old told them otherwise, complained to Neopets.com

Seeing this as a potential severe money loss Neopets.com decided it would be best to stop Australians from using the gambling games. However, the angry Australians that knew what they doing complained due to not being able to use things like the Wheel of Excitement due to it being "gambling"

Faced with two evident problems Neopets decided to stop users under the age of 13 from using gambling games, no matter where they live.

That's why you could play before but can no longer play

The complaints were done through McDonalds i think :P
Topic locked