Fo Shizzle

Yes. I hate the truth
4%
No. I love the truth
96%

Total votes : 27

THIS POLL CLOSED

Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:30 am

The vast majority of you said you would stick on Neopets.com if popups were on every page as long as your popup blockers would stop them

Over at IDB the results were pratically identical with only 2 people saying they wouldn't at least try to get around the pop-ups

This weeks question :

Would you quit neo if they began telling the truth about everything they did ??

(For example - "Sorry guys, we've realised that Neoschools is too big a progect for us to finish to a decent standard. We've decided that rather than wasting time trying to make it we'll simply get rid of the project. However we will find a reason for the Back to School items")
Last edited by TDG on Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:33 am

Ugh, I'd actually like that. I don't like dodging the truth.

Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:34 am

No, I wouldn't quit Neopets if they started telling the truth. Honesty is always good and at least if they told us what was going on we'd know where we stand!

Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:45 am

Yes the alternate motive behind this is for Neopets to realise telling the truth would be a good thing

"We must add more ads! We don't make profit at all...*screen flickers off*...

Are we offline ?? Good *reaches behind chair MONEY FIGHT!!"[B]

Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:55 am

Hah, TDG. :P

No, I wouldn't quit it. I'd rather have the truth than wait for something that is never going to come. Or have them say something like "Sorry, guys... we haven't had much time to work on the war prizes because we are too busy having pillow fights and trying to steal Adam's asparagus, so most of you are just going to get Toys'.

Okay... maybe I'd like it if they lied... just a little. And say something like 'too busy working on other plots' then trying to steal Adam's asparagus. :P

Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:15 am

TNT telling the truth isn't too much of a reason to quit, IMO. In fact, it is a good thing and can help eradicate the empty waiting and broken hopes players frequently experience.

Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:19 am

I, like many others here, felt an elated feeling when Adam posted the straight up truth on the news. Too often do we hears lies from everyone, it's nice to hear the truth.

Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:05 pm

If I were a little kid, I might want to be lied to (ie: "We're busy working on other plots"), but as it is I would rather hear, "We just don't feel like doing neoschools anymore, it was too much work." I can respect that, I've trashed projects before because they were too much work.

Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:25 pm

Truth is good, even when it's bad. I'd want to know the truth rather than be given excuses, and I wouldn't quit over that.

Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:27 am

Actually, if they told the truth I think it'd make me want to stay on there more.

Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:26 am

^^What they said. I prefer the truth over this "not telling either way" approach.

Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:06 pm

I'd rather they came out and told the truth about half the things they do that mysteriously never come about.

Lisa

Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:05 am

If they told the truth it would probably cause me to stay on neopets more than if they lied about everything. I understand not everything can go our way, things happen, etc. I'd much rather here the truth about them than some lies. :)

Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:30 am

Most say that neopets lie. That's not really true. You see, neopets don't lie, however, they DON'T tell us everything. They leave out what they hope we'll consider minor details, but turn out to be cataclysmically important pieces of information! it's kind of like dodging the truth.

As for the poll... Well, if they did, I'd certantly like them more. I'd rather them tell us why they're doing everything they do, good news or bad news, so that we at least know what's going on there.
Topic locked