PC, X-Box, Playstation 2, Gamecube and so on. Hints, tips and discussion here.
Topic locked

YEAH! (BIG DS news) Now with a funny pic on page 3

Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:42 pm

It's official! The ds is only gonna cost $149.99 and it is gonna come with picto-chat and a demo of Metroid Prime Hunters. SWEET! AND we are get it BEFORE Japan! More info here,

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/09/21/news_6107996.html $$$ info

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/09/21/news_6108019.html System Specs

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/09/21/news_6107998.html other stuff

*head explodes* YEAH!
Last edited by rbpnmn on Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:45 pm

i'll be sticking with my SP for the time being, and the cube has metroid prime 2.
will eventually get a DS mind, but hafta get a job first, and even then itll probably be after a warhound titan...probably not, but certainly after pokemon games.

Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:05 pm

So this is like the new Nintendo Gamecube?

Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:19 pm

If I buy it, I'll wait until the price goes down. I don't feel like paying the same amount for a portable system as I did for my PS2, even if it's cheaper than the PSP. When it drops to $100, I might think about it. I've got way too many games on my "Too Get" List to pay full price for it when it comes out.

EDIT: No, its more like the next Game Boy system. Even though, Nintendo tries to pass it off as something seperate, people can see through this.

Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:30 pm

Kugetsu wrote:If I buy it, I'll wait until the price goes down. I don't feel like paying the same amount for a portable system as I did for my PS2, even if it's cheaper than the PSP. When it drops to $100, I might think about it. I've got way too many games on my "Too Get" List to pay full price for it when it comes out.

EDIT: No, its more like the next Game Boy system. Even though, Nintendo tries to pass it off as something seperate, people can see through this.

actually GBA 2 will be out end of 2005 start of 2006. Itl only be a bit better then then d/s and will be connectable to the next gen console.

Im waiting for the psp myself, i just want to see microsoft making a hand held lol

*imagines a giant box with a small screen* lol

Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:46 pm

Neopetsaddictv2.1 wrote:
Kugetsu wrote:If I buy it, I'll wait until the price goes down. I don't feel like paying the same amount for a portable system as I did for my PS2, even if it's cheaper than the PSP. When it drops to $100, I might think about it. I've got way too many games on my "Too Get" List to pay full price for it when it comes out.

actually GBA 2 will be out end of 2005 start of 2006. Itl only be a bit better then then d/s and will be connectable to the next gen console.

Im waiting for the psp myself, i just want to see microsoft making a hand held lol

*immagines it needing daily updates to keep it working, constant crashing as it overloads with the almighty difficultie of pac-man and half the games released for it being unsupported*

Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:51 pm

Setekh wrote:
Neopetsaddictv2.1 wrote:

*immagines it needing daily updates to keep it working, constant crashing as it overloads with the almighty difficultie of pac-man and half the games released for it being unsupported*

lol windows EP *extra portable* supports nothing lol please upgrade this system to the newest version

Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:27 pm

Nice! That's a good price. Any news on how much the games will cost?

Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:31 am

Neopetsaddictv2.1 wrote:
Setekh wrote:
Neopetsaddictv2.1 wrote:

lol windows EP *extra portable* supports nothing lol please upgrade this system to the newest version

Haha, I can just see the almighty "Fatal Error" screen popping up when your playing a game.

Re: YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH! (BIG DS news)

Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:24 am

rbpnmn wrote:It's official! The ds is only gonna cost $149.99 and it is gonna come with picto-chat and a demo of Metroid Prime Hunters. SWEET! AND we are get it BEFORE Japan! More info here,

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/09/21/news_6107996.html $$$ info

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/09/21/news_6108019.html System Specs

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/09/21/news_6107998.html other stuff

*head explodes* YEAH!

Don't really like the Metroid thing. Can't we get a Mario game instead?

Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:42 am

Ammer wrote:So this is like the new Nintendo Gamecube?

No. It isnt o_O

Its a handheld which even though they claim it isnt is the next GBA.

Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:37 am

its a new diversion of handheld, case youd not noticed it has a touch screen, im not seeing how its a "gameboy clone".
GBA2 (stupid name, thank some random deity its a code name) isnt due out for some time yet, as for what the speshul thing about it is, noone but nintendo inhouse knows what it is.

Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:48 pm

America gets all the best things first. but I'm not sure I'll be shelling out my cash for this when it reaches the UK - as far as I'm concerned, handheld gaming hasn't got an interesting future.

Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:24 pm

Kugetsu wrote:
Neopetsaddictv2.1 wrote:
Setekh wrote:
Neopetsaddictv2.1 wrote:

Haha, I can just see the almighty "Fatal Error" screen popping up when your playing a game.

please insert disc 23 to continue playing final fantasy: the crash quest

Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:46 pm

Microsoft EP has performed an illegal operation , and will be shut down.
Last edited by 01000011 on Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Topic locked