Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:33 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: GameFaqs Summer Character Contest 2004
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:30 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
You knew it was coming. I guess the character contest started today, although I thought it was starting on August 1st. If you haven't signed up, unfortunately its too late to, but if you have then it has just started ^-^. Although this topic sank last year, there just had to be another one. Although this year it seems like another Link vs. Cloud match, Megaman has built up an even bigger fanbase than last year (as if it wasn't big enough already ^-^). This year just seems so very predictable, although Zero is ranked #4 in his bracket.

If you've never heard of it, its at GameFaqs.com, vote on the poll, then click "View Full Bracket" (if you haven't done it before). Basically each day, two video game characters are pitted against each other and put into a poll where visiters vote for which they like better (if anyone tell you its for which character IS better, then they are lying). The character that wins goes to the next round against another opponent. Basically a clash of the fanboys (why do I have to like all of the underdogs?)

So I guess the first question is, who do you think is going to win it all and how do you think the first round is going to go? Obviously the first match is a given. :p

Win it all : Link (He's got a new game coming out and he's already won one year and his popularity is definately not quelling.)

First round:

Link
Alucard
Yoshi
Luigi
Magus
Crono
Bowser
Mario

Mega Man
Tidus
Tommy Vercetti
Zero
Frog
Master Chief
Kefka
Snake

Cloud
Laharl
Kirby
Squall
Ness
Auron
Vivi
Sephiroth

Sonic
Ryu (SF)
V. Joe (Don't remember how to spell it... -.-;)
Dante
Sora
Ryu Hayabusa (Poor Jill.... sniff...)
Sam Fisher
Samus Aran

The fanboyism begins... ^-^

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

People were trying to nominate obscure 'characters' the the L-shaped block from Tetris and the Carrier from Starcraft. At least the brackets look saner than I thought they would be.

Yes, I'm still alive...still alive...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:56 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
Yeah, but somehow CATS manages to make it seed 16 for the third year in a row -.-; Just like ever other year, he gets smashed. Too bad Tails, Jill, and Laharl are all going to get beaten down.

Looks like we're going to have a Megaman vs. Zero Mmatch this year. That should be interesting...

CLICK IT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:28 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

*sniff sniff* LUE didn't get Ogmo nominated.

Or the right paddle in pong. >.<

<insert lueshi>

Lets face it folks, it's either Cloud or Link. Stupid fanboys...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:20 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

GO MEGAMAN! I hate final fantasy vii and if cloud or seriwhatever makes it to the top 4 I will be out to KILL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:24 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Of course I want Link to win. Really though, I think that both Link and Cloud should not be allowed in the contest this year since they have already won. I think that the reining champion should get a special place off to the side, not in the contest. That way it'll be more interesting. Then later on, after so many years and so many winenrs they could go back and have a best of the best contest.

Anyway... [waves her 'Go Link!' flag]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:29 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

zero!AKArbpnmn wrote:
GO MEGAMAN! I hate final fantasy vii and if cloud or seriwhatever makes it to the top 4 I will be out to KILL!

Get your arms ready, because you're going to do a lot of killing.
While I would like to see some new characters in the top 4, Cloud/Sephiroth will definately make it. While they might not win, one of them will make it to the top 4 (Whoever wins the Cloud vs. Sephiroth match). Link better win. >.>

rageaholic wrote:
Of course I want Link to win. Really though, I think that both Link and Cloud should not be allowed in the contest this year since they have already won. I think that the reining champion should get a special place off to the side, not in the contest. That way it'll be more interesting. Then later on, after so many years and so many winenrs they could go back and have a best of the best contest.

Anyway... [waves her 'Go Link!' flag]

Agreed, I would definately like to see who would win after Link, Cloud, Sephiroth, Mario, Sonic, Samus, Snake, and yes, Megaman (Basically the strongest 8 ) are out of the contest. Of course that would take many years, but I would be interested.

CLICK IT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:08 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I'd like to see some progress for some of the new characters.

Ryu hayabusa is a great character in ninja gaiden, and the DOA games are brilliant. I wouldn't be surprised if he's got more strength than we expect.

Of course, He has no chance against Cloud or Link or whoever but then again, who does?

I can't remember who I have winning it, but I have Cloud verus Link in th final.

Personally, I'd love to see Bowser get somewhere, as he is an utterly cool character. But we all know it's RPGfaqs.com ^^ RPG's win, Shooters lose. Badly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:22 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Seeing as badly as Halo did in the Best. Game. Ever. contest a few months back (lost to Starcraft 1st seed to 16th seed [it also beat Kingdom Hearts and then Windwaker, a surprise to a lot of people...]), XBox characters like Master Chief and Ryu Hayabusa are possibly the most difficult to place. Seeing as Ninja Gaiden is still in the Top 10 on the site, there's a slight possiblity of Ryu going further than M Chief. I just wish that Jill could have been placed somewhere where she could actually get to the next round... She's the reason my bracket went to crap last year...

*throws Squall to the floor and stomps on his head*

Ahhhh, I feel a little bit better now...

Anyway, tomorrow's match Ganondorf vs. Alucard. Ganon is the villian in one of the most well known series ever (doesn't really need much explanation), and Alucard starred in one of the best PSX games ever "Castlevania: Symphony of the Night". Either way, this match doesn't really matter since the winner wil be squashed by Link. ^-^

CLICK IT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:43 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Favorite Cheese: Brie de Meaux, Red Leicester and Wensleydale.
I just wish CJayC would do a Villian Character Battle(which would Character Battle with only videogames villians in it) so he and rest of the people interesting these Character Battle could find who is the most popular villian according the GameFAQS and us.

If cheating occurs in the Link vs. Alucard match (should Alucard get past Ganondor) in the favor Alucard(who never seems to lose in the first round) then that would be annoying. If Ganondorf beat Alucard then I can see a easy win for Link and us seeing 3 battles between characters from the same game in the Second Round with them being between Link and Ganondorf, Yoshi and Luigi & finally Bowser and Mario.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:13 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

ZERO ZERO HE'S OUR MAN! IF HE CAN'T DO IT NO ONE CAN! GOOOOOOOO ZEROOOOO!!! :D

I was crushed when he was eaten by Sonic last year... But it shall not happen again! GOOOOOOOOOOOO ZEROOOOOOO!!! :hug:

Zero set 13 of 26

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:17 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Yet again...I signed MegaMan to win it all though I've converted to being a Cloud/Link fan thanks to replaying FF7/KH and Finally getting a few Zelda games. :P I went with the under dog.

Only charater I HATE to win it all is Sephiroth. He's still overrated crud to me and will always be overrated in my eyes.

I love how Ceej made CATS do round 1. CATS is the only joke charater allowed in the contest.

I'm worried on the Crono vs Magus and mario vs crono....kinda tell how my bracket went. I actaully chose Crono to beat Mario this year...and I have always picked mario over him. <_<

I shall never look at Starcraft the same after the Spring contest. :o

Set by Ken
Playing these games: Tales of the Abyss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:20 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

As long as Sephykins leaves my Zero baby alone, I'll still love them both. Wait, he killed Megaman. CURSE YOU, SEPHIROTH!!!

Zero set 13 of 26

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:53 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Where the hell is Felix or Alex! I demand Golden Sun :P

I'll just vote for Kirby and Link...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:56 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Zero! wrote:
As long as Sephykins leaves my Zero baby alone, I'll still love them both. Wait, he killed Megaman. CURSE YOU, SEPHIROTH!!!

Well for that to happen, Spehiroth will have to beat Cloud and Zero will have to beat Megaman. I doubt your "Sephykins" (gah, I remember that from the first year Summer Contest topic -.-;) will ever touch Zero.

I didn't realize that today WAS August 1st. For some reason, my computer clock has been stuck on Saturday the 22 for the last week or so... I depend on that for the date when school is out... Stupid computer... hate you, hate you, hate you! *smacks the comp* "Internal Fatal Error" Oooopss... >.>

CLICK IT!

Last edited by Kugetsu on Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next