Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:35 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mabinogi
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:22 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

This is a fun little game I just started playing today. It's like an MMORPG (maybe because it is), but with a twist. You absolutely don't have to grind to enjoy this game - you could be a traveling musician if it floats your boat. It's hard to explain, but it's really addicting. As a plus it's by Nexon, the same people who made maplestory. Basically you live life as an animated character, growing and getting part time jobs while grinding (whether it be to increase your overall level or skill level). There are no classes, so you can get whatever skills you want. Personally, I'm going to be a close-combat melee character with some healing skills (or an archer/mage hybrid). The system is really simple to grasp, but so deep at the same time. It's still in Open-Beta, so it does have some bugs, but I would suggest you give it a try ^^.

Click here for the Mabinogi webpage

Here's some advice so you don't mess up your character:

-Age plays an important part in your character. Younger characters are harder to begin, but will give you more skill points in the long-run. Certain stats are better aquired at certain ages as well. Generally:

If you want to focus on magic: Do not start out young. 14 is where you begin to get intelligence bonuses for leveling. I would suggest starting at age 15-17 for more INT, or 14 for more Mana.

If you want to focus on bows: 10 or 11 would be probably be best to start, because at 17-19 you get no DEX bonuses.

If you want to focus on swords: Definatly 10. Level up as much as possible in the earlier yeras.

If you want to be a hybrid: Any age would be good, but 14 gives the most balanced stats.

If you want to focus on life skills: Age 12 would be good so you get a good amount of stamina.

You could always buy rebirths with nx if you want. Nexon is kind of cheap here because you don't gain any stats from leveling after your 25, but that's not too big of a deal because most of your stats will come from skills.

I might add some more tips later.

Wonder where this leads to?

Post subject: Re: Mabinogi
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:22 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Location: MB, Canada State: Solid               State: Denial           State: Gekko
I've been playing as much as my time and connection will allow :D.
Myself and a few others at Randomness have been playing since the first closed Beta (those of us that go chosen for it, I wasn't). We're on Ruairi mostly, I believe.

A few last notes:
This English version is only open to North America.
This is open beta, but characters and everything will not be reset once it ends, so no worries there.
I'm Dyl on Ruairi

D&D Encounters - Forum Text Adventure!
The Werewiki - Werewiki Forums
@DylPage - @Werewiki

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:23 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Sweet :D I've already messed up my first character, but at least I got used to the interface a bit.

Composition is hard xD. I've only managed to get like, 5 measures down from Wedding Party before I gave up. I can get it on MIDI format, but not MML D:

Edit: I -was- Lightspiral before I deleted, but if I can I'll use the same name when I can recreate my character tommorow.

Edit Dos: I figured out how to convert it to MML xD. It's so bad it's not even funny. I decided to try to add some 'pisazz' to it by adding a bunch of E's. If you want to hear it:

T200L2DL4.GL8GL1GL2DL4G#FL1GL2DL4.GL4G#L2G#L4.F#L4E#L4.GL8E#L4.GL1E#

T250eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Wonder where this leads to?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:16 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Yay. Mabinogi thread. <3

I'm Wikipedia on Ruairi. XD I'm usually dungeoning. I'm actually dungeoning right now. I'll edit more happy information in soon. :D

Mabinogi is fun with its thousands of skills. Unfortunately, the AP system, which pretty much requires you to buy NX is not fun. :( You acquire only 1 AP per level, which is not nice since all the skills require massive amounts of AP to level up. :/ The trials were pretty nice though. :D Nao's Support Package allowed the game to be somewhat easier and amusing. :D Unfortunately, it was only a week so I have to stop being lazy now and bless all my weapons. :P

Mabinogi is pretty generous though on the stats system. Usually, you have to google millions of sites to figure out a stat build. Fortunately, Mabinogi just distributes it for you. All you really need is an idea of what skills you want. :D

I do a combination of magic and melee. Melee is fun with my giant, clonking Claymore. :D Unfortunately, said giant clonking Claymore was expensive and still is expensive to maintain. DX Oh well, I guess that's the price you pay for power. All the magics are fun. :P I used to favor fire, but, now, I dabble in all three. They all have their specific highlights. :) I'm not a fan of the ranging system since you have to load the skill, load the arrows, and repeat. It takes a while and if you haven't knocked out the monster by then, it will kick you and your bow to kingdom come. :P

Dungeoning is the fastest way to level and make money, in my opinion. I'm sure with tailoring, cooking, weaving, blacksmithing, fishing, and many other skills, you could make a decent amount of money selling to other people. However, I find that process tedious...so dungeoning it is! I've dabbled in a few dungeons. Alby Beginner is really easy. If you're starting out, this is the dungeon to do. Alby Regular is a step up from there. When you find Alby Beginner too easy, try this one. At level 25, I can clear it in about 5 to 7 minutes with gold rewards around 500 gold pieces, so it isn't bad. Alby Basic is visited through a scroll. You have to be pretty careful with this one. It's not too bad but you can die. Alby Intermediate is death on wheels. The wisps kicked Fizzy and I to the curb. Ciar Beginner is pretty awesome. It nets you about 1,000 gold pieces upon completion and monster gold drops are fairly generous. Unfortunately, with two floors, it takes about half an hour I believe. This makes Alby Regular, in my opinion, more profitable. Alby Regular is shorter and faster. The only thing is you lose the better exp gain from Ciar. :( Ciar Regular is kind of okay at the higher levels. However, mostly, it's a dungeon of death. The golem at the very end is very mean. XD It killed Twizzler, Kisa, and I several times over. The golem also has nasty metal skeleton henchmen. I'd suggest waiting until level 30 or so. Ciar Intermediate, I think, is fairly nasty. The snakes, ratmen and various other creatures are fairly mean and nasty. Steer clear until you get to the higher levels. Barri Regular is okay. However, unless you're accustomed to fighting monsters with magic, don't go there. The imps that cast lightning crashed my parade. T_T Barri G1 is terribly hard. Once again, if you aren't used to monsters with magic capabilities, steer clear. This includes me. XD I'm still not used to it. Rabbie Regular Dungeon should be fine if you know how to handle yourself. Most of the mobs are killable if you don't get hit. Math Regular Dungeon is also fine if you don't get hit. :) That's it for the dungeons I've been in.

Part Time Jobs are fun. :D Mostly, I'd do the church ones though, since I need the holy waters. <3 However, if you do them enough, you get better rewards AND pretty titles. :D Win win situation.

Ooh. It's pretty. :D See all the pretty presents? They can be yours if you vote for me. Yet, none of you know me. T_T How sad. There's no way to get the pretty presents then. :(

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]