Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:37 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga (GBA) Review
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:41 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Note: Again, this is my review, although I dont have screenshots for this one. Get my premission if you have a site and want to put it there... blah blah blah...

My rating of the game: 10/10

Martin Review:
This is a pretty awsome game!

Full Review:
What can I say? Its fun! The graphics arent blurry, they're bright and easy for the eye. Not like other games like castlevania where you have to literally STARE at the GBA screen.

The music is fairly catchy, you'll find music from old mario releases, and the worst music in the game would be the one where you are in a cave.

Here it is! The famous Mario RPG's battle system! It combines platform with RPG! And in this game, more than ever!!! In order to do a move, you'll have to press a series of buttons, and three modes of difficulty. The first one is that they show when you press what button, and they slow down when its time, the second one does more damage, but it doesnt slow down, and the last one does the most damage, doesnt slow down, doesnt show you which button to press, and it spares you some Bros. Points (the "mana" in this game).

You'll find familiar monsters from other games, such as the Viruses from Dr. Mario, Chomps, and many more! There is also much interactivity with the monsters while you are fighting, such as dodging, hammering, and countering.

There are... ALOT of mini games in this game, like barrel jumping, designing fashion, jump rope and water skiing! Also, it comes with the original Mario Bros game, no, not the one where you jump on stuff and rescue princess peach, the one where they are plumbers, and kill turtles and stuff.

Lots of humor in this game, you'll even laugh out loud at some points. Love the voice recordings! There are voice recordings for every major character.

In this mario RPG, you'll need the special techneques you use in battle to get past certain dilemmas, much like how the weapons can be used in Secret of Mana and some of the spells in golden sun.

In conclusion, this is a FANTASTIC GAME!

Bonus:
+2 for mini games and +3 for creativity, + 1 for humor.

Graphics: 8/10 Really smooth and eye pleasing, not at all like Castlevania...
Sound: 8/10 Some tunes are fairly catchy, but there are one or two background music that is just bleh!
Gameplay: 10/10 Really! All you can expect from Mario RPGs!
Plot: 6/10 It started out well, but it dwindled in the middle of the game.
Battle System: 10/10 Surprise surprise! :D
+6 bonus

Total: 10/10

Questions? Comments? Dis-agreements? Complements?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:47 am 
PPT God
PPT God

watericesage wrote:
+6 bonus
well... you just had to get 10/10, didn't you :P

but anyway, it's a nice review, sounds like i could play it once *lurvs RPG*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:30 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Jens wrote:
watericesage wrote:
+6 bonus
well... you just had to get 10/10, didn't you :P

but anyway, it's a nice review, sounds like i could play it once *lurvs RPG*

:P Yes, yes I did! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:21 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

One of the few GBA games I own, I am completely happy owning this one. It starts out funny and just doesn't let up.

And you gotta give extra props to a game that actually throws in a barrel jumping sequence from the original Donkey Kong!

No need to drive me crazy, I'm close enough to walk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:01 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

It's another great mario rpg that i wish was longer. That's my only complaint-- it is soooo fun, but it's too short. It's not horribly short, but when I'm playing it I want more! Still, it's completely worth buying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:55 pm 

I did enjoy it, but I woild give it about a 9/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:54 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Sounds like a very interesting game. I heard mixed reviews about it, so I ended up getting another game instead. I don't regret it, but I think I might consider picking this one up later. Also, I didn't know we could rate games here.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]