Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:12 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:38 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

The Wonder Weezel wrote:
Graphics and Sound DO make a game better... would you rather shoot at the Hell Knight or a 2D- pixely demon that lets out the same "SCREEEEE" everytime you shoot it?

2d pixely graphics because its much more fun to fight the UNENDING LEGIONS OF HELL, than a few dozen monsters every now and then.
and the cyber demon gives me nightmares (22 combat shotgun shots to topple him at point blank range, i was bored so i found out, next hardest is the cyber mastermind at 16)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:10 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I got the game. It runs pretty well on my computer considering it's so graphic-intensive. As for gameplay, it's not all that exciting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:23 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

This game owned my PC life for 3 or 4 days, but its starting to get very repetitive now. Im playing it in 30 minute bursts.

But thats what Doom always was. Repetitive gore-filled madness. I keep hearing people complaining that all you do is wander down dark corridors trying to shoot the monsters that suddenly jump out at you before they can bite your face off.

Welcome to Doom.

It was never going to be Half Life. Thats not what this game pretends to be. It doesnt pretend to be anything. It just is an impressively loyal recreation of the most famous FPS of all time.

Im going to complete it, and then Im going to try again without using the varilight mod and see how far I get :P I swear, without that thing I was jumping every 2 minutes. This is the only game Ive ever played that should have a "Use the bathroom before playing" warning on the box.

Nastiest bit :

DO NOT CLICK IF AT ALL SQUEEMISH

They crawl at you crying and then jump at you and try and claw your eyes out. Bless :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:55 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

But its nice because you can hear them crying and baby noising from far away so you know to get out your rapid fire guns.

I didnt like the guardian, really. He needs the seekers to be able to find you and generating new ones makes him vulnerable. But surely being invulnerable and having to wander around for 12 hours before your prey collapses from exhaustion is better than dying? No?

I also thought the nastiest bit was when the woman screams as her head tears itself off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:02 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Jim wrote:
Nastiest bit :

DO NOT CLICK IF AT ALL SQUEEMISH

They crawl at you crying and then jump at you and try and claw your eyes out. Bless :)

What. Is. That.
That's all I can even bring myself to type, and yet, I typed this sentence to explain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:27 am 

Bah! Half Life 2 has better graphics from what I hear! :P

But seriously.

The first two Doom games are/were fun as heck, I can only imagine the third one will be fun too. :3 (And the eye candy is great.)

ETA: OMG. I love the website, it's so cool! XDD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:29 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Both me and my housemate beat to on the normal mode.... we'd both played pervious version of Doom, so it was a nice gore-filled, scare-your-socks-off trip of nostalgia. Sure, some of the things could've been better, but the tweaks they made with the engine were _so_ worth it. And the ending left plenty of room for a Doom4, should they want to make it. :}

And yes, the first apearance of a Lost Soul - lady's head ripping itself off - was deliciously creepy. :}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2