PC, X-Box, Playstation 2, Gamecube and so on. Hints, tips and discussion here.
Topic locked

Half Life 2 Released!

Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:02 pm

I hold in my hands a copy of Half-Life 2!!!

I'm about to install it right now.

Re: Half Life 2 Released!

Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:51 am

Soujiro wrote:I hold in my hands a copy of Half-Life 2!!!

I'm about to install it right now.

You lucky..... *steals*

Man I really want Hl2, tell us what its like Dave

Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:23 pm

Ok what you mean is, that you have an offical release of HL2, its been floating around on the net for ages, the steam release.

And to tell you what its like is its awesome. Fabulous, and amazing.

Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:31 pm

It got a lower score than San Andreas and Halo 2 from Gamespot... Wow. Actually, I ain't that amazed. Not sure if I'm getting the game, I ain't much into the whole Half Life thing.

Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:44 pm

Mr. Darkside wrote:It got a lower score than San Andreas and Halo 2 from Gamespot... Wow. Actually, I ain't that amazed. Not sure if I'm getting the game, I ain't much into the whole Half Life thing.

yeah I agree, I never liked the first Half Life game, but I'll see what my mates say about it, I might get it o_O I'm not suprised at all that it got a lower score than GTA San Andreas though :D

Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:39 am

I took time off school to play it, and I must say this game is absolutely beautiful. The gravity gun is so fun!

Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:17 pm

Soujiro wrote:The gravity gun is so fun!

Second that. Especially with those conviniently-located oxygen canisters/flasks.

It's a bit annoying how zombies respawn without any explanation at some locations. It's beautiful otherwise.

Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:55 pm

I finished it last night at 2am. It was brilliant, I thought. So many memories :)

I downloaded a drivable strider mod, which is fun too :P

Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:28 am

Well done! My brother and my Dad love the idiotic (but very good) game. :)

Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:08 pm

Yes, because I'd like to know how it manages to be idiotic :P

Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:23 pm

Half life 2, amazing, it has such an in depth story that we know very little about... if that makes sense.

Im just all excited about Half life 3 now considering how we learnt very little about the second part of the trilogy.

How many times you guys spotted the G-man?

Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:22 pm

Pyro Parrot wrote:Half life 2, amazing, it has such an in depth story that we know very little about... if that makes sense.

Im just all excited about Half life 3 now considering how we learnt very little about the second part of the trilogy.

All of them, I think. No, lol. Quite a few times, like at the bit where you look through the telescope, and on the various tv screens.

I really enjoy the 1984-esque theme to it, I sure hope there's a good conclusion in hl3. I don't want alyx to die, she's a sweety! I would have prefered a bit more variety with the aliens, thought.

Still, what I need all of you to do is download the drivable strider mod, and enjoy it, because it's wicked!

Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:45 pm

My friends have been working on developing a Half-Life 2 mod called Citizen-132. It was originally for Farcry, but they ditched that project. Watch for the mod preview in PC Gamer magazine.

beat hl2

Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:43 pm

Had half life 2 on the computer for a week now, and just beat it! Its gotta be the best game iv ever played. Its got everything, from great story to an amazing graphics and gameplay. Hours and hours of fun! Now i gotta try that strider mod, looks cool.

Anyone here play original halflife?

Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:22 pm

Skullsplitter wrote:
Pyro Parrot wrote:Half life 2, amazing, it has such an in depth story that we know very little about... if that makes sense.

All of them, I think. No, lol. Quite a few times, like at the bit where you look through the telescope, and on the various tv screens.

I really enjoy the 1984-esque theme to it, I sure hope there's a good conclusion in hl3. I don't want alyx to die, she's a sweety! I would have prefered a bit more variety with the aliens, thought.

Still, what I need all of you to do is download the drivable strider mod, and enjoy it, because it's wicked!

Thanks for the tip on the strider. So far there are about 12-13 sightings on the G-man through out the game, one of the most difficult to find is when the civilians are pulling down the big screen with Dr.Breen on it, if you watch carefully you will see the g-man for a time
Topic locked