PC, X-Box, Playstation 2, Gamecube and so on. Hints, tips and discussion here.
Topic locked

Ragnarok Online

Sun May 30, 2004 11:43 pm

Hi all. :) I was wondering, does anyone else here play Ragnarok Online?

http://iro.ragnarokonline.com

If you do, my main character is Jasujo. She's an Archer, which will become a Hunter in not too long. :) My secondary character is Lyndel. She's a Merchant. I'm thinking of making her a Blacksmith, but I haven't decided yet. She's got a bit to go yet, though. I've been mostly staying around the Prontera fields lately (the Poring field is *excellent* for experience), but I frequent Payon as well (the caves are also excellent for experience ;) ).

There is also an anime based on the game. It's called Ragnarok the Animation. I love how they incorporated so much from the game (items, character classes, places, monsters) and still gave it a decent plot away from the game. It's currently being shown in Japan, so you can only download the episodes. The first seven can be downloaded so far. :)

The game is based on the manwha Ragnarok by Myung-Jin Lee. There are 10 volumes out so far. I'm in the middle of book 5. ;)

Mon May 31, 2004 12:10 am

Yeah my brother plays, but he hasnt played for a long time. It looks fun ^_^

Mon May 31, 2004 2:19 am

Psst... Dont tell anyone... I play on a free server...

Yeah, I play it sometimes. Eh... I haven't got the money for Ragnarok Online, because I think I'm getting The Sims Online. RO is fun, but I get bored in it sometimes.

My favorite job is the rogue... I like stealing stuff.

Mon May 31, 2004 8:16 am

I played RO for a while. I stopped playing because I started playing FFXI.

Mon May 31, 2004 8:42 am

I play...but I'm on the free trial right now. :S Maybe if I convince dadsy I can play for a long time. I'm Leiyara and I'm training to be an acolyte but I'm such a New Member x_X

Mon May 31, 2004 9:33 am

Yea, I'm one of those people who play on the free server too...hehe

I'm a lv. 35 mage right now(go figure). It's a pretty fun game. As for the animation, I'm going to google it and see how it goes. But I'm guessing it'll be pretty good.=D

Mon May 31, 2004 11:28 am

Actually, here's the link where I download the anime (subtitled) from:

http://animesuki.sandwich.net/series.php/390.html

There's about one episode a week. After it shows in Japan, usually a couple days later there will be a subtitled episode ready for downloading. :)

Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:50 am

I have a friend that plays Raggie. She's in one of those large clans and she's maxed out her char. Whoa.

Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:57 am

Shoyru_Lover wrote:I have a friend that plays Raggie. She's in one of those large clans and she's maxed out her char. Whoa.

Wow, she must be really dedicated. Tell her there will be new classes coming that will go beyond job level 50 to 70 (for each class you can only get 50 job levels so far, 99 in total for 1st then 2nd job). You have to make it to level 99, then go on a special quest and go all the way back up to get them, but they're supposed to be awesome. They won't be implemented for a while (months), though.

Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:30 am

No, in the end, MMORPG's are not my thing. I got a stalker in knight online. Then I quit because the battle system was weird and the characters were ugly. But I might try Ragnarok Online.

Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:19 am

I love the art in Ragnarok Online. The characters and monsters are cool and the scenery is just beautiful. :)

Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:08 am

I play on a free server (I'm cheap) and it's very fun. So far I've reached job level 10, but I haven't had a chance to choose a job yet.

Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:32 am

I just quti, but I still have about 2 weeks left. It got boring after about 1 year o.o

Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:56 pm

Mr. Darkside wrote:Psst... Dont tell anyone... I play on a free server...

Yeah, I play it sometimes. Eh... I haven't got the money for Ragnarok Online, because I think I'm getting The Sims Online. RO is fun, but I get bored in it sometimes.

My favorite job is the rogue... I like stealing stuff.

I would play if it was free... But a lot of people at school play it.

*pokes Mr. Darkside* Dude, I'm comin' over to your house and playing... :P

Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:24 am

I started playing RO a week ago on a *cough* freeserver *cough*.
Topic locked