PC, X-Box, Playstation 2, Gamecube and so on. Hints, tips and discussion here.
Topic locked

new mortal kombat game for GC....

Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:32 pm

i just got my new nintendo power issue in the mail yesterday and it seems this may be one of the better MK games supposely it has different modes one thing that caught my eye was a chess mode in the game,since i'm a fan of chess and all and it seems that it would probaly be like battle chess from nes but with blood and stuff heh sounds like fun!

Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:54 pm

By the way this game is also for the PS2 and Xbox I believe :)

Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:48 pm

If my memory serves me right you are talking about Mortal Kombat: Deception?

Anyway there the also is a puzzle kombat game beside the kombat chess game and the normal Mortal Kombat game.

From I have heard there are death traps in the game and if you get too close to one(spiked walls - crushed to death by the spikes) or get thrown into one(acid pool). You will auto lose the round when it activated on you.

Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:59 pm

Combusken BG wrote:If my memory serves me right you are talking about Mortal Kombat: Deception?

Anyway there the also is a puzzle kombat game beside the kombat chess game and the normal Mortal Kombat game.

From I have heard there are death traps in the game and if you get too close to one(spiked walls - crushed to death by the spikes) or get thrown into one(acid pool). You will auto lose the round when it activated on you.

yeah mortal kombat deception thats the one,supposely you can move around the levels somewhat or somethin unlike the other MK's where you couldn't,and different modes seem it adds replay value which most of us love in a game of course :D

Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:16 am

Oh yes, ANOTHER game that's on my to get list... I swear I'll never finish getting all of these.

I've always been a fan of MK and I was disappointed by Deadly Alliance and 4 (I believe). I sure hope that this one is as great as I'm hoping, though nothing can beat the old 2D games. :)

Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:19 am

Mortal Kombat? :D

Yes!!! I will get this one.

Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:44 pm

yeah i'm tempted to get it also,it says that it will come out in early 2005 anyone know what month in 05?

Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:57 pm

never been a massive fan of mortal combat.
the one rare used to do (before they stopped being able to make games that is, most of their development team up and quit when they were bought out by microsoft) what was it called?
well spinal ruled.

anyways, seems they are atleast trying to breath new life into the license, good thing as i was never impressed by mortal combat after the first arcade one anyway.

Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:35 pm

Setekh wrote:never been a massive fan of mortal combat.
the one rare used to do (before they stopped being able to make games that is, most of their development team up and quit when they were bought out by microsoft) what was it called?
well spinal ruled.

Ah, Killer Instinct. It was a pretty good game.

Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:40 pm

Yeah, this game got some really good reviews. I probably won't get it, since I suck at fighters anyway. Looks really fun.

Oh, the new addition I heard about was the Hara-Kiri. It allows you to commmit suicide so your opponent doesn't get a point. Clever idea.

Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:09 pm

i just got the preamium edition of it and all old chars are in it from mk trilogy like ermac baraka noo sybot and smoke and the 2 greatest nightwolf and kabal

Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:54 am

guardiandevil wrote:i just got the preamium edition of it and all old chars are in it from mk trilogy like ermac baraka noo sybot and smoke and the 2 greatest nightwolf and kabal

I'm sorry, your posts seems very interesting to me, but I can't understand what you said.

Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:26 am

look on mortalkombat.com and this is the game i got Image

Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:19 pm

yes i just saw the commerical for it last nite looked pretty neat,my question is... is the chess mode 2 player only or can you get the comp to play you?

Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:37 pm

i think its 2 player
Topic locked