PC, X-Box, Playstation 2, Gamecube and so on. Hints, tips and discussion here.
Topic locked

The "new" PS2

Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:15 pm

Anyone seen the "new and improved" PlayStation 2 yet?

click here to see/read about it

Its quite good, but it'll be annoying for people who already have a PS2 and dont want to spend money changing it. :|

Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:45 pm

Looks nice, but I'm guessing its going to cost a lot more than the PS2. It would be something I would definately like to have, though I don't know if I would buy another PS2.

Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:56 pm

Hmmm...I was hoping for a more sleeker and compact design, like the PSone( not the original Playstation.)

Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:56 pm

Yay! A slightly thinner brick! I'm not paying for another bloody PS2!

Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:04 pm

Nah looks rubbish i prefer the look of the psx more or the original machine it looks to square in my oppinion and if you had it up right its just gonna fall over and wont stand up

Re: The "new" PS2

Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:41 pm

cky182 wrote:
Its quite good, but it'll be annoying for people who already have a PS2 and dont want to spend money changing it. :|

They arn't going to force you to buy it...

Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:34 am

Eh, I'll pass. I'm happy with my PS2. (And am too broke to afford another one. :P )

Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:47 am

Flame wrote:Eh, I'll pass. I'm happy with my PS2. (And am too broke to afford another one. :P )

I feel the same. I don't want to buy another 'updated' version which probably has a minor improvement.

Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:25 am

If it's $100 bucks, I'll get one. I've got an Xbox and GCN at the moment.

Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:20 am

I'm quite happy with my PS2 that I have. Well... except when it freezes the DVD's I sometimes try to play on it :P heh

Re: The "new" PS2

Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:31 am

Bno wrote:
cky182 wrote:

They arn't going to force you to buy it...

Yeah I know, but I was trying to say that people will want one, but if someone had just bought a PS2 this month or something, they'll be annoyed at this slimmer one.

Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:44 pm

Pfffft, there's no point buying it in my opinion. *pats PS2*

Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:04 pm

Kugetsu wrote:Looks nice, but I'm guessing its going to cost a lot more than the PS2. It would be something I would definately like to have, though I don't know if I would buy another PS2.

Actually it's coming out at the same price as the PS2 is at currently. I'm not going to buy one because I see no point in replacing my perfectly alright current ps2, but for those that don't have one yet ( there are such people :o ) it won't cost anything more than the larger version would have.

Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:51 pm

yeah and if your current PS2 breaks (heaven forbid *touches wood*) then the new slimmer one will be same price.

I wonder if they bring out the silver PS2 in the "new" design.

Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:06 pm

I won't be rushing out to buy one.
I might ask my dad for one for christmas because I can never think of things I want as my birthday is only 3 weeks before.
I can sell my ps2 to one of my friends.
Topic locked