Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:46 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pet and Animal thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:25 am 

Okay, now it's the time for talking about animals, which can be really close to your heart (pets), but some of you can really afraid of them. Are there animals which you really are afraid of? Or is there something that you love? Do you have any pets? Want to tell us about it/them?

I have a Border Collie and which I'm having a hard time grooming. Lately, I've been searching for some grooming products and can't decide on my own which will be perfect for a border collie. Can anyone recommend me some grooming products?

Just an update guys, I found this dog grooming supplies which has different kinds of combs, shampoos especially for pets that have long hair.I think it will be a great help for my Border Collie when grooming her, especially that she has long hair and will remove dirt easily.What are your thoughts on this type of product?. What do you think? Any suggestions?

Last edited by khouji on Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Pet and Animal thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:32 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Sorry, khouji, I know nothing about dog grooming.

I was bitten by a dog when I was 2, which made me scared of them for quite a long time, but once some dog owner friends helped me understand dog behavior*, I got used to them. After staying with friends with two dogs for a few months, I even kind of like (some) dogs now. If only they weren't so pushy. Cats can be pushy, too, but they're so small, it's easier to tell them no, and they do eventually take 'no' for an answer, huffing off in feigned "I didn't want that anyway" (vs. a dog's needy, pitiful "why don't you love me anymore" look).

*My biggest lesson about dogs was that they love to play chase. I would always run from them and get chased, which just made me want to run from them more the next time I met one, creating a vicious cycle.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

Post subject: Re: Pet and Animal thread
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:51 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
I typically just use a good quality "people shampoo" for my dog. When my dog was younger, I would wash her outside with the good 'ol garden hose. This week, I took pity on her and gave her a nice warm bath in the tub. She enjoyed that much more than the hose...

Whatever product you use, be sure to thoroughly rinse out the shampoo/soap to avoid itchy dry skin. I use an old "dog towel" (towel that is no longer "good enough" for company) to get out as much water as possible. My next step is to use a "slicker" brush to help prevent clumps. Then.. a nice doggie treat for all of her suffering. After the treat, she finishes air-drying outside.

For what it is worth, I had a bad experience with a cat as a small child (I was around 3?). Three delightful parallel scratches down my arm from elbow to wrist. No permanent physical scarring and minimal mental scars, but I definitely prefer dogs - even the pitiful "why don't you love me anymore" look :P

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]