Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: How are you feeling? (Lickety Split)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:17 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Hope your week is starting to turn around, Blue. Make sure you get some sleep! Delegate what you can, keep the people in charge aware of the issues...

I'm feeling a little sore, but the good sore. I've been making good progress rock-climbing lately, and yesterday I "leveled up" (completed a harder route than I have before). Somehow it's much more satisfying to do that with your own body than with a video game character. It'd be even more satisfying if someone announced "LEVEL UP!" when you did it, though! :P

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:07 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
"LEVEL UP!"

LOL. Great Job, Siniri!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:33 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Video gaming level up's and real life mesh pretty well when you throw Pokemon GO into the mix. I've found that I've been walking a lot more than usual, so I'm thankful for that. Exercise, and get told when you level up along the way. good times. :)

not so good times in reality, because I continue to get swamped with things intended to do in the midst of the work week dulling I go through. On the plus side, I've gotten used to letting things go and not planning things with people, so I'm not disappointed with failing to follow through. I'm just disappointed I'm not capable of doing much of anything these days. :(

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:17 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
I've known that feeling before...it sucks.

I'm feeling nostalgic, apparently.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:16 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Strangest feelings and sensations as of late. Been dealing with bouts of anxiety and low feelings for the past few days, and today I actually had heartburn. I never get heartburn, and the one other time I did it happened without reason as well (in other words, no consequences from the episode). Having a feeling this is just the start of things, and I'm unsure how how I feel about it. :o

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Tired. So very tired. On my drive home from work tonight, I figured I have spent 48 hours at work... in the last 3 days! Ugh. Not cool. Mentally and physically exhausting.

...and I'm working at job 2 tomorrow because someone called out or died or something. Hopefully, they did not actually die. I just know that I am working all day instead of them.

At least I can drink alcohol on the job tomorrow. Well.... not really. But I could if I wanted. It is not a good idea, though. So I generally don't...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:16 am 
PPT God
PPT God

These are the times of exhaustion! My condition continues to be happening through the work week, and getting elevated to much better heights during the weekend. Past weekend was AWESOME!!! Went to a local anime/gaming convention Friday, spent Saturday evening with friend keeping her company while sick and low (as I am during the week), and Sunday evening cuddles with friend. I was good for 2 of the 5 workdays this week. I am unfeeling and nonplussed machine by this point. But knowing I'm seeing friends tomorrow is making me smile, even if there's anxiety from the week as well. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:11 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Exhausted. Had family in town, and while they weren't staying with us, we spent four days mostly out in the sun/heat with them. (Part of living where we do, I think, but the kids had fun, and it was nice to get out, even if it was draining!) I think today we might have caught up on the laundry/dishes/basic tidying that was neglected while they were here. Whew! No more company for a while that I know of!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:42 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Calm and unfocused, but that's what happens when your brain resets from lots of sleeping. slowing coming into my body and senses as I play games, write messages, and gauge what I can do with the time I have this weekend. Beside sleep/rest, which is going to be a large part of tomorrow no matter what I do. Cuddle buddy time. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:30 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Extremely apprehensive.
Every time they run a new update of projected paths of Matthew, it only looks worse. Everyone we know around here (that has been around long enough to have dealt with hurricanes) says that boarding up the windows is excessive (unless the eye comes over us), but all of my H-town instincts are going crazy with that assertion. Granted, we're roughly 50 miles from the coast, so we'll most likely just see tropical storm force winds, but still...
https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/atlantic/2016/Hurricane-Matthew?
https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/atlantic/2016/Hurricane-Matthew?map=ensmodel - I REALLY don't like the loops that started showing up this morning.
...and don't get me started about worrying about flooding.

Anyways, we've got our bottled water purchased already, as well as a ton of canned/dry goods (that are safe for both me/Baby P and Big Little P). The older two kiddos helped "prepare for the hurricane" by organizing all their toys safely in their bins and on shelves. We've been freezing water like crazy to help cram pack the outside freezer (in case of power outage), getting everything else organized for our kit. We even (mostly) finished organizing the garage this past weekend, so we should be able to get both our cars inside now.

Left to do:
-Take down the swings, etc, outside, and clear the lanai
-Take pictures/video of everything, in case we need it for insurance
-Run a full back-up for the computers/server
-Clear the under-stair closet, and move a mattress down there for the kids to sleep on tomorrow night (Thurs afternoon)
-Move some things into the under-stair closet (water, snacks, a few toys, etc) to have in case of an emergency (Thurs afternoon)
-Fill tubs, containers, etc, with water (Thurs afternoon)
-Run one last load of laundry so that as much as is possible is clean...
-Continue freezing water, making ice, etc
-Pray, pray, and pray some more

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:36 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Wow, hope you survived Matthew okay, Pickles. Are you all settled in your house now?

I'm feeling excited. I actually remembered to grab Kroger's free download today, and I'll be picking up a package of Tim Tams this week. Woot! Tim Tam Slam, here I come!

(Hopefully someone remembers the discussion of Smores and Tim Tams in the summer WW game... I think that game had the most irrelevant chat ever.)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:34 am 
Administrator
Administrator

YAY Tim Tams!!! Free? Now I want to have a Kroger here.

I am having a delightful day. I had too much vacation accrued at work so I was "forced" to take today off or I would lose vacation time. Of course, I worked about 60 hours Mon-Thurs to make sure I had enough of my work done to accommodate taking today off...

ETA: I am taking nearly 11 days off of work. Yes, really. Today is 12/22 and I am not going back to work until 1/3! YAY!
I love my job, but I am simply seething today. Way to ruin a vacation, jerks.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:52 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Frustrated. My work schedule has been hectic for the last several weeks (or is it counted in months now?), and anytime I think I can get a wee bit of time off, I end up running errands that take way longer than expected. For example, I need a new pair of running shoes, but I wanted something that would work well for my obstacle course race next month...

So I ended up trekking to 4 "local" shops (two of which were in downtown extra-messy-traffic) over the past two days. I have narrow feet, but apparently even specialty shoe stores (as in 3 of the 4 specialize specifically in RUNNING shoes) do not carry non-standard shoe widths, so it took forever to try on each pair (since I have to spend five minutes cinching up the laces tight enough to tell if the shoe will actually fit me or not). Most of the stores also do not carry a variety of shoe types; the first store had 3 trail models, the next had 1, the third had none, and the non-running store actually had 2.

I bought a pair at the second store, but it rang up 33% higher than the guy originally told me, and since they're only for trail (at least at that price!) and I need to replace my everyday shoes as well, I can't really justify that higher price, so I'm planning to return them.

That leaves me with buying a "meh" pair at the first shop for more than I want to spend on "meh" shoes (but still less than I spent on the nice ones) or ordering a pair online without trying them on. I'm definitely going to order a pair of shoes, but I can't decide if I'll get the recently retired version of my current pair (which I really enjoyed) plus a pair of trail shoes (maybe an earlier version of the expensive ones? but I'd feel bad taking advantage of the store's services and then not buying from them) or just a single pair of the trail version of my current shoes (which both online reviews and one of the clerks said was supposed to have terrible grip, so it may not be a great choice for my race... but it would save me a decent amount of money!).

Anyway, my race is in three weeks, so I really need the shoes now so I can start breaking them in. And while I was in extra-messy traffic, my turn signals stopped working. As in I hit the lever to activate them, and there was no blinky light on the dash telling me they were on, no blinky sound... and when I checked on the bumper of the car next to me, no flashing light alerting other drivers! Not good in rush hour. So I ended up having to stop at Walmart (the only thing still open) to try to buy a fuse (I'm assuming it's a fuse issue since all 4 stopped working simultaneously, whether activated by the lever or the hazards button... it was too dark to check the fuse).

After wasting time trying to get customer service, I finally learned (thanks to the actually very helpful CSR) that Walmart doesn't carry the size fuse I need. The manual says I can borrow from a certain circuit that's non-essential, so I'll do that once it's light out... Assuming it's just a fuse issue.

To top off the end of this 14+hours-away-from-home day, when I double-checked to make sure only my turn signal lights were malfunctioning, I discovered that in addition to the tail light that went out a couple of weeks ago, 2 of my 3 brake lights went out recently... which were right next to the fuses inside the store. I didn't go back in, because I have to be up for work in less than 8 hours.

So tomorrow I have to check my fuse, replace it, and buy the bulbs and extra fuses I need. And hope the fuse doesn't blow again... Oh, and order new shoes and return the other ones in the 2-hour break I have in the middle of my 14 hours of work.

When I'm going to make my sign for the March for Science and make sure I'm set for my volunteer work for the march on Saturday is beyond me...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:39 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Not entirely sure. Irritated? Annoyed? Angry?

Irritated. Definitely irritated.

Yep. Irritated.

Nope. Beyond Irritated.

Mostly with myself for not having done something months ago that I should have done months ago. Ah well.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:16 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Hope your situation has resolved, Blue.

Feeling concerned for all the PPTers who live (or whose families live) in Texas. You are all in my thoughts and prayers!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next