Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:53 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: How are you feeling? (Lickety Split)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:10 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Mr. P has been working from home, yes.

Unfortunately, he was told Tuesday that he has been furloughed. There has been a lot of confusion and anxiety as to why certain people were furloughed while a small few were not. His boss told them that all they had to do between now and next Friday (17th) is to document where they are on projects, etc, so that they can continue when they return. Mr. P has done his documentation, but has chosen to still continue on his project, as the more he can get done before the furlough, the quicker it can be implemented afterwards. (I cannot share exactly what he does, but his current project has the potential to make a big difference as things come back.)

I can also fairly confidently say that if this lasts too long, and he has to find another job, he'll be able to find one relatively quickly, as he's had headhunters after him for the last few years, trying to get him to switch jobs.

As much as I'd wish that things were different, at least we should be OK through this, provided it doesn't last too long. At the moment, our biggest concern is that we're able to get the unemployment aid quickly. Our state is extremely backed up right now, and I'm not sure if they'll be doing back payments for delays between application and actually approving and sending out the first payments. I guess this will be something we have to find out in time. With any luck, this won't last much longer, and the furlough period will be short. It's still not ideal, but that's life, especially right now.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

Post subject: Re: How are you feeling? (Lickety Split)
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 6:13 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Aww. Sorry to hear that, P. Furlough is no fun. Do your medical benefits continue through the furlough? I hope so. Hopefully this will not last too much longer, and we can get back to a new normal. Seems unlikely without a vaccine (or cure), though. At least we truly have the world working as fast as possible for both.

I continue to be thankful and feel blessed to be actively employed, even if it means heading out into the world each day.

Oh, and despite the recent round of layoffs here, I have a new (yes, yet another) new boss that started this week. Seems like a good guy, and he has a nice fresh perspective on things. Time will tell, though. I have learned through pain not to decide if the new guy is good or not without a fair amount of time...

ETA:

Random Event today:

Random Event wrote:
A Shadow glides silently past, stealing all the joy from the world. MyPet doesn't look very happy anymore...

Yeah. Pretty much sums up what happened this week.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9