Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:27 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: How are you feeling? (Lickety Split)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:52 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Thanks Siniri. My situation is still... strange. Supposedly, I have nothing to worry about. I have concerns.

All of you (and those with families) in Texas are in my thoughts and prayers as well!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Thanks, guys. My family weathered Harvey just fine - no flooding of houses, etc, thank goodness! Ironically enough, we were up in the mideast when what was left of Harvey finally arrived there, so we enjoyed some nice cold rain at the beginning of September!

However, currently, I am apprehensive. I hate hate hate the whole "hurry up and wait" that comes in the days (or in this case, almost a week) before a hurricane comes. Baaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!

(Also, Irma: TURN NORTH SOONER THAN LATER!)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:28 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Blue, I hope your situation is less strange and concerning.

Pickles, did you sic Irma on me?! :P Just kidding.

I'm frustrated that the bees are back inside my house; the landlord is a do-it-yourselfer, but I feel like maybe after a month +, maybe she should acknowledge that experts might make the problem actually go away for good...

I'm also a bit apprehensive about a very personal witness talk I've got to give on the Confirmation retreat tomorrow. Prayers would be appreciated.

And I'm wondering when we should schedule the PPT reunion chat on AIM...

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:18 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Good luck today, Siniri! You are in my prayers.

Reunion chat.. Wednesday or Thursday this week?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:50 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I hope things went well today, Siniri!

RE: Reunion chat, Thursday would be a little easier on me, but either might be workable, depending on what time we're talking. I can't stay up to the wee hours of the night anymore, as small children do not understand the words "sleep in." Things are going to be super crazy for me after this week up until after Thanksgiving, so if it doesn't happen this week, after T-day week would be best.

Trying not to be stressed about the bajillion things going on in life right now. Sometimes it feels like I'm never going to catch up!

Also, hoping our car is OK. We saw a hub cap fall off a car in the lane next to us and roll/bounce into our lane (?!?!?!?!), and there was no way to avoid running over it, and boy did it make some loud clunks as we hit it and went over it! Thankfully we didn't hit it with the tires, but...ugh. Mr. P is in the garage checking out the underside of the car to make sure everything at least looks OK.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:06 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

My presentation went well, and there were no bees in my room today - I guess that's one advantage of the cold snap.

Hope the car's okay, P!

Wed. or Thurs. are the worst days of the week for me; I work until 9:30pm both nights (and have to leave for my morning job before 7am the next morning).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:38 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Looks like the car is fine, whew! That was something else, though, watching the hub cap just come flying off. Eesh.

Tomorrow would not be a good night, and I'm not sure about Friday/Saturday of this week. Sunday night *might* be doable, but after that, like I mentioned previously, things get a bit crazy.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:29 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

10/30: I'm out of town this weekend and I'm not sure whether I'll have any internet access at all, so this week is basically out given P's and my conflicting schedules.

EDIT 12/4: I'm feeling sore and angry and overwhelmed. My car was rear-ended driving to work this morning, hard enough to knock me (from a dead stop) into the car in front of me, who got knocked into the car in front of her. The guy who caused the whole mess didn't pull over, so now I'm waiting for my insurance company to let me know whether they'll file this through my uninsured/a**hole coverage, which vastly affects how much coverage I'll have. I'm fairly certain my 18-year-old car will be considered totaled, even though it's a good little car with probably another 100k miles at least on it (and I just dropped over $700 on it Friday to fix an oil leak and replace the belts and water pump).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:38 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ugh, Siniri, how scary and frustrating! I hope insurance will cover it, because if not, ugh.

Cry: I need life to stop throwing things at my family long enough for us to deal with all the things that HAVE happened, and recover from them. I think things have been hitting us since Harvey (though Harvey itself was indirect stress for me, as it was the rest of my family involved, and me just worrying about them), and I could REALLY use a break. Most recently, having my middle child come down with pink eye three days before my oldest undergoes surgery. That was not necessary. Really, really, really not necessary. (I could go on about all the other major and minor things we've had to deal with lately, but that would take longer than I have right now).

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:36 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Pickles, I hope the surgery went well.

I'm coming down with another cold, despite having just gotten over the last one a couple of weeks ago. It makes sense given my body is not anywhere near 100% right now, that my immune system isn't able to thwart these things, especially when I have kids sneezing in my face, but I really wish sneezing didn't hurt so much right now.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:22 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:53 am

Ever spend ~15 hours working on fixing something that going into it, you knew would be challenging and it was even harder than you thought, yet you persevered and managed to get it done... only to discover it did not appear to fix the problem you were trying to solve? That was today. Bah.

On the positive side, I did persevere. I did succeed at the task I set out to do. Of course, it took about 2x the expected time. Ah well, now to see what else could be the root of the problem...

Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:19 am

It has been a long week already. Rest today? Surely not. Much to do before tending bar at an event tonight from 6pm until around 1am. Then working in the bar all day on Sunday, starting at 9am. I have done it before, but I know that Monday gonna be fun...

ETA
So... It is Friday after a long, busy and tiring week. My most recent boss's last day was today. He lasted 2 years... The topper is that our overnight supervisor called out sick at around 2pm this afternoon. As a result, I am pulling an unprepared double shift today. Just a mere 16 hours today. Thankfully, I had another volunteer step up to come in and relieve me at midnight tonight. At least there will not be much traffic going home tonight.

I have zero confidence that the sick supervisor will be here tomorrow. Our other night Supervisor "has too much going on to possibly consider covering tomorrow night." (My words, not his). I did not even bother asking him to work tonight because... well, it would have been pointless. We will probably need to shut down tomorrow night and send everyone home. Just not enough available personnel to cover Supervision for the shift. Oh well. Shut 'er down...

..:-So tired-:..Zzzzzz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:10 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

That sounds awful, Blue. Hope you're able to sort things out without having to do all the extra work yourself.

I'm feeling accomplished. I had my first ninja competition yesterday, which I was pretty nervous for. I made it to the fourth obstacle and took third place in my division. My fear of heights got the better for me, but I managed to push just a little past the point of fear, and I'll just keep building on it. (A year ago, the first obstacle would have been challenging for me from a heights perspective, and I wasn't even a little worried about it. It's important to remember the progress you've already made and not beat yourself up about the progress you have yet to make, because if you're working on it, it will come in its own time.)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:43 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Lousy last couple of days. Tomorrow may be smurf.

But, I do feel very blessed to be employed. And blessed that I work at an essential business. And that most people actually get social distancing.

Traffic is awesome lately.

Oh yeah, did I ever mention that my last boss was let go last November? Yeah, that happened. I've been doing that job on top of mine ever since.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:40 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Blue, I'm sorry you've had a rough few days. You are definitely blessed to still be employed (although I can imagine it's stressful), and to be in an essential job right now.

I am stressed. Mr. P will be finding out sometime in the next week whether or not he's been furloughed, along with many of my friends.
At the same time, I am also feeling blessed. We are fortunate that we've been able to get a semi-decent emergency fund together (lots of budgeting has been employed over the last 10+ years), so if he is furloughed, once you take unemployment into account, we'll be OK for a while without having to touch retirement. If his furlough lasts longer than we'll be OK for, there's other problems that are likely bigger than ours.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:36 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks Pickles! I definitely feel blessed to be employed. It has been a long, rough week this week, though. And... my latest boss was let go today. He did not last long. A bunch of other people let go today, too. Pretty hefty cut, actually. I knew it was coming because earlier this week, I was given the choice who from my team would go, They were told today. They will be missed, and the aftermath will not be pretty.

I am happy to hear that you guys have a solid rainy day fund for situations like these. Awesome that you've planned it for the last 10+ years. Honestly have been wondering how you guys are holding up since I heard that all D's locations closed. First it was a couple weeks, now it is unknown?

I am not smart enough to keep my rainy day fund liquid. I do put a huge chunk into my 401k... that is currently tanking for sure. Do not feel the need to look right now, but I am assuming it is similar to the hit it took in 2008. That was awful, but it definitely rebounded and was doing great. Ah well. Time. There is time it to come back, thankfully.

Everything is so day-to-day right now. Hopefully no furlough for Mr. P, and he can work from home (keep working from home?).

So, yeah.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next