Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:50 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Your favourite clothes store?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:08 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

In preparation for a possible shopping spree, it's come to my attention I really need to look past my old shops in hopes of new ones. First of all, my budget can't handle overly expensive items unless they consist of vital materials (ex. jeans if not over 50$ USD). In all honesty I really prefer getting my money's worth instead of spending so much on a shirt that really doesn't look too different from one I could purchase elsewhere. Brand name clothing isn't that valuable for me. As long as I could pair it with a few good accessories I'm good to go.

Unfortunately if not style, it's size that concerns me. Being 16 in four months I'm only 5'0" and 75 lbs--without any major health issues. It's just the fact I come from a very petite family, whom's mother has not even overgrown 95 lbs in her entire life. This makes my choices very limited, and I've even had to resort going to preteen stores like Limited Too to purchase the only normal looking jeans and some camis. Because of their slimness it contours my legs well, but lacks in other regions. I can never find size 0s anywhere! Otherwise I'd be fine with going to even a store such as Target.

So what I'm asking is, where do you shop?. Some of ones I've come across in my mall are Forever 21, Rainbow Clothing, Hot Topic, Old Navy and your usual Target. Online sites would be great if you would share links.

As far as my style, I really don't stereotype myself or anyone for that matter. My attire consists of what I like most and has a really large range, including colours. It may be an Old Navy t-shirt one day and then a Hot Topic the next.

Savings→ N/A.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:15 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

H&M.

Their pants are the most expensive, at around $40.

Most of their clothes are pretty petite. Even I can't fit into some of them, even if they are in my size. :P

Besides, I like their stuff. They're very pretty.

. Set by Medusa ♥

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:21 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I do most of my shopping at Wet Seal. A lot of their stuff is really flashy, but they also have some truly gorgeous stuff at a good price, and in every size imaginable. I also do Limited Too, like you mentioned, as well as Gap and American Eagle.

I also occasionally order things from Coldwater Creek, I've found AMAZING deals on some really cute stuff, so you could give that a try.

Wet Seal

American Eagle

Coldwater Creek

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:25 am 
PPT God
PPT God

American Eagle and Aeropostale have had some smaller sizes. I know this because I'm 5'7'' and quite a few things I've tried are way too small for me. Rave sometimes has smaller things as well and I've found a lot of cheap stuff in there that still looks nice.

Gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:24 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I don't know how common they are, but I think Charlotte Russe probably carries smaller sizes. I wouldn't know, since I'm very overweight, but what I've seen there looks pretty dainty. Not sure about the prices though.

American Eagle definitely carries size 0 stuff. It was in there that I first discovered that that size existed. ^^;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:48 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Why don't you try...gaining some weight first so jeans you're size would be easier to find?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:49 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Kohls. I don't know if they're in your region, but it sounds like they'd be the perfect store for you. I see 0's a lot, especially in jeans/pants, just from browsing through the Juniors. They also have various petite sections (one for adults and one for teens, I think?) They have a lot of great clothes, and definately petition for the smaller (I should know; it's hard to find 14+ in the style I like).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:17 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

ArwenEarendil wrote:
H&M.

Their pants are the most expensive, at around $40.

Most of their clothes are pretty petite. Even I can't fit into some of them, even if they are in my size. :P

Besides, I like their stuff. They're very pretty.

Freaking European stores, I believe H&M is like swedish or something....they are small. I bought two sweater's there I like though :P. I like New York and Co. However that's more dressy stuff than like jeans and dress down stuff, they do carry that though just seems like less than the dressy corporate wear.

I like the clothes at banana however since I no longer get the discount for being an employee it's way too expensive for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:28 am 
PPT God
PPT God

My shopping fav stores are probably:

Limited Too
American Eagle
Abercrombie <3 (Perfect for your size!)
The Gap!!

Original Joined Date: November 30th, 2002

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:43 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

MyleneFarmer wrote:
I don't know how common they are, but I think Charlotte Russe probably carries smaller sizes. I wouldn't know, since I'm very overweight, but what I've seen there looks pretty dainty. Not sure about the prices though.

American Eagle definitely carries size 0 stuff. It was in there that I first discovered that that size existed. ^^;

OMG yeah you are HUGE :roll:

Woman I saw your picture and you aren't a blimp..."very overweight" yeah sure ._. :roll:

I think American Eagle has small sizes. I can't imagine you finding Jeans at old navy though if you are like a size 0 o_O. Old navy has very big sizes compared to other stores, I'm like a small in most of their clothes and I'm sorry but my chest doesn't allow fro a small in other store's shirts x_X

I'm sure Abercrombie is small, H&M is small, hmmm they have a petite store here but again called Petite Sophisticate, mainly office work clothes. Hechts? I think they may have size 2 as the smallest jean size though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:49 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Definitly H&M. Too bad we don't have one around here. But maybe it's a good thing. It prevents me from spending too much money, although I end up doing that regardless.

Don't be afraid to see the truth, even if no one wants you to. Be yourself and not a fool. Don't ever be afraid to speak your mind and listen to criticism. Dissent is keeps our country progressive and willingness to challenge yourself is what keeps yourself ever evolving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:46 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Hmm, buying clothes is an issue for me too. I have bought some limited too stuff (jeans, plain tops), but have to be careful because I am older. I just don't want to dress my age (plus most of the "appropriate" clothes are just too big). I'm anywhere from a 0 to a 4 depending on the maker/style.

H&M, I have no luck in. I have no idea who the clothes are cut for. If the top fits in the chest, it's huge in the waist ... none of their pants fit no matter what the size or style.

Gap, if they're having a good sale, Old Navy - again on sale.

Never pay retail is my mantra.

Mandee can be good, but gotta watch the fabrics, sometimes they're not the best (but ok if it's a one season/trendy thing).

G&G I used to shop at, good for some basic tops normally, but I hate pretty much everything they've got in their stores right now.

Foreman Mills if there's one near you can have some great stuff. $80 jeans for $25, things like that.

Filene's Basement I used to haunt, then they closed the one here :(

Daffy's you can sometimes really score a great deal (got my New Year's gown there for about $20 last year) - check the clearance racks!

To be honest, the above is when I'm splurging or need something for a special occasion. The rest of the time? I shop in the local thrift store. Just got 2 pair of awesome Guess pants for $1 each.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:23 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I like :

Armani Exchange, Tommy Hilfiger, Nautica, Guess, Ralph Lauren, Lacoste, Gap, Ambercrombie & Fitch, Banana Republic, Kenneth Cole, Burberry, French Connection UK (I was afraid to put the abbreviation:P).

Those are where most of my clothes come from. Im just a t-shirt and jeans kind of person.

Image - Set by Sapphire Faerie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:04 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Politically Sanitized, Non-Jim-Slappable Location. La Button par _jaye_
50% off day at Value Village makes Steven a happy boy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:25 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
I doubt you have The Warehouse, Farmers, or K-Mart over there. Hallensteins either XD

The internet stores I would love to pillage probably aren't appropriate :P

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next