For those topics one could describe as the forum equivalent of a twinkie. Word games, forum contests and giveaways are all the rage here.
Topic locked

John's Set Contest!!

Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:40 pm

Welcome to John's Set Contest!!

Right, I was thinking o_O just now, because I'm soooo bored, so I'll have a set contest! I've entered a few already but I've never held my own. As you probablly already have seen, I'm not really very good at graphics compared to some people (I only started in March) and the set I have now was made by my friend (not on this forum) so I thought it would be nice to have a set made by one of my friends or to-be friends on this forum.
My best 2 sets (made for DM was on Fire!):
Image Image
Image Image
Okay, they're pretty good (my opinion) just not as good as some other people have made.
Requirements
It has to be a maximum size of 400x100 for the signiture and 80x80 for the avatar.
It's not really a requirement of such by I would like a phrase on the signiture if you can think one up. If not, it's totally fine! ;)
Themes
I don't really mind what theme my set has. However, that doesn't mean that I want a barbie doll on my set if you know what I'm getting at. Also, I'm not so fond of Anime. :( If you are stuck though, Here are the top 10 Things that come into my mind. (inspired by Zilary):

Anything Neopets related (except faeries)
Kittens
Dogs
Horses
Red
Blue
Art
Basketball
Rainbows
As I have expirienced before, it's hard to make a set when none of the images that are related to what is on the list are very good so if you think the 10 above stuf- totally random, are too hard to do, then like I said above, you can choose your own topic.
Prizes
At the moment, because I am still new to my current account with only around 200k, I haven't got much to spare. If you have anything to donate for prizes (neopoints, items ect.) to make them even better, please pm me and I will be very grateful. These are the current prizes:

1st Place-1,500nps and a Snowball Slingshot
2nd Place-1,000nps and a Chocolate Acara Sandwich Cookie
3rd Place-1,000nps

Sorry I'm so Stingy but as I said before, I've hardly got any neopoints unlike some who have lots to spare. :)
Last edited by John on Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

Re: John's Set Contest!!

Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:40 pm

I'll enter! But....

Can you please list at least SOME subjects you like? (Absolute artistic freedom is not necessarily the best thing for me). Movies, TV shows, Bands, animals, colors, hobbies, ANYTHING! List the top 10 favorite things that come to your mind. Thanks :)

Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:01 pm

I've done that now Zilary!

Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:06 am

Any certain basketball team you like? :)

I'll also make you something from scratch too. ^^

Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:21 am

No. Not really.

Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:47 pm

Ah, okay. :D
I'll hunt for some pictures tonight and tomorrow.

In the meantime...

Image Image
Image Image

Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:11 am

Thanks DM!
Topic locked