Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 3:57 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:58 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I'll join. :) I love animals...I really want to learn to ride a horse. Horses are great.

I have a dog and a cat.

I'm a vegetarian. Raised that way, and happy with it. It doesn't mean you don't get protein...I get plenty...you can get it from other things.

I really don't like people that discriminate against rats. Rats are often better pets than hamsters, but EVERYBODY loves hamsters. Hamsters bite--when I had rats, they only nibbled. I was never hurt by them. They were so sweet and lovable...they're not all gross, plague-carrying, filthy animals. Actually, very few of them are.
:)

Member of the Under-13 Group (Group B)
Set by Jaye
My Set Contest

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:48 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Finally! I was waiting for someone to post :)
I got about an hour of miscelanious animal activity since a while ago.

.::Hug|Map|Journal::.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:27 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Shippinator Mandy wrote:
I'll join. :) I love animals...I really want to learn to ride a horse. Horses are great.

I have a dog and a cat.

I'm a vegetarian. Raised that way, and happy with it. It doesn't mean you don't get protein...I get plenty...you can get it from other things.

I really don't like people that discriminate against rats. Rats are often better pets than hamsters, but EVERYBODY loves hamsters. Hamsters bite--when I had rats, they only nibbled. I was never hurt by them. They were so sweet and lovable...they're not all gross, plague-carrying, filthy animals. Actually, very few of them are.

Yeah! Theres all sorts of protiens besides meat..beans,peanut butter,yogurt,veggie burgers..

I think rats are kind of cute,actually..once when I was little there was a mouse scurrying around down near the lake we live by and I freaked though. I couldn't contol myself!!! I can look at them in cages with no problem..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:24 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Shippinator Mandy wrote:

I have a dog and a cat.

Hamsters don't bite bad, and they can get really tame (I had a hamster when I was 8 and it bit 3 times when we first got it, but then got -so- tame and didn't bite anyone. Bless :)), but I can see where you're coming from with the rats.

You mayyy or may not know that I'm looking after my neightbour's Rabbit and Guinea Pigs. They're so sweeeet. And my parents said I might get one of my own soon, so I'm v.happy :D

that's me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:34 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

It seems we've started talking about rodents, soooo...

Domesticated Rats- Love them. They are not as germy and disease-carrying as people overhype them to be. They are awesome pets. Domesticated rats are also very cute, if you care about that sort of thing.

Domesticated Mice- Love them. They are such fun to watch, and again- they are not as disease-carrying as people overhype them to be. They are frisky little things when treated well. I would call them the finches of rodents- they are jumpy and aren't able to be handled well, but they are so much fun to just sit and watch.

Hamsters- I'm okay with them. It has been scientifically proven that most hamsters really do bite more than most gerbils. But they can be handled and are usually quite cute.

Gerbils- Love them. Most I have known are such sweet tempered creatures. I owned one for around three years, and was only bit once. But I really was asking for it them. I find them to be very intelligent creatures, and I am happy to have had the pleasure of owning one.

Please share your own views on rodents. :)

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:59 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Rodents are very..Rodenty :D
I got about 3 hours of animal activity

.::Hug|Map|Journal::.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:13 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

CRUD. I forgot about the PPTAAC. I am so sorry, Dawn! Could you please PM me at the end of the month for who won?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:54 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I join too. Yesterday I spend 4 hours at the pound volunteering as a reception. After that, I went back to my new house and spend another 4 hours with my cats.

Today, I went back to my house and spend another 2 hours with my cats.

My cats website, http://sg.geocities.com/purfect_catch/index.html

My cats photos, http://catsphoto.blogspot.com/

Keepsake Arts | http://www.fatclumsycat.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:50 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Can I join? (Go Dawn!! It's so great that you great this thread! A thread against Animal Cruelty is DEFINATELY needed.)) I love animals. I have two dogs.

Image Set by me
Request Board

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:44 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Of course you can, Puck. :) :) :)

Well, our animal time spending competition isn't going very well. I'm going to have to end it, but please continue to spend time with your animals.

Today, I'd like to start a new sort of contest. We desperately need to get people more active in this group, and definitely more people active in fighting animal abuse. If people could please submit anything, avatars and signatures, buttons, banners, anything at all, or have a link to PPTAAC in their signatures, I would be incredibly pleased. I really don't care about having real activity in this group, but I do care about people reading this thread and some of the mentioned bad experiences in animal abuse- just for them to realize that animal abuse is still alive and strong in the world and that we need to get more active.

Speaking of animal abuse stories today, I witnessed a particularly terrible one today. I was driving home from classes when a guy in front of me stopped his vehicle and dropped a dog out from his car. I didn't get his license plate number, but I did get the dog. I believe she is an albino pitbull puppy, but I'm not sure. She's really quite friendly ((*cough* to all of the people in the world who make it their live's work to killing pitbulls)) and ((oh, yes, I know I shouldn't of done this)) I gave her a name- Sheila. I will unfortunately not be able to keep this lovely dog, due to my own dog being extremely sick right now, but I assure you Sheila won't be sent to the pound if I can help it. No, this was not an event I made up just to get people to post so this thread wouldn't die. But finding Sheila really gave me a huge urge to start getting more active myself. I'll keep updating about her to you, if you wish for me to do so.

I was also wondering if you guys would like to elect a mascot to the group, just to make things a bit funner for you all. Any opinions on the idea? I was thinking maybe Sheila could be it, seeing as she's dealt with animal abuse and was rescued from it, but since I won't even be able to keep the poor thing, it may not be a good idea. If you have a pet you think would make a nice mascot for us, please post a picture of them (or something that looks like them) and tell us their name, their stories, and why you think they would make a good mascot. Also, maybe even drawn pets would make good mascots. You can make up stories and names for them- infact, I think drawn pets would make even better mascots. :)

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:59 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I could draw it! I knew two animals I'd like to share with you about (yes, they are REAL and the owners take good care of the (that is, I haven't seen them in a few years, so if they're still alive))
1. A cat named Jonah. The cat WAS abused, but by a dog. When Jonah was a kitten, a dog bit his head and a small piece of his brain came out. (Basically, that's what happened.) Now, he thinks he's a dog! Anyways, the currents owners aren't the same as the one(s) who own him at the time of the event, but I think this is a wonderful that people would take care of a disabled cat, plus the next animal...
2. A female dog whose name I've forgotten. When she was a puppy, she was put in a bag with her brothers and sisters without food or water. The owners' son's teacher found it and asked his students if anyone wanted a puppy, so... you get it. Now, she think she's always hungry and will eat and eat until she throws up, and still think she's hungry!

If you wanted, I could make a cartoon of Jonah or Nameless (we could come up with a name for her). I'll draw both, post them, and see what people think, okay?

Image Set by me
Request Board

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:23 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Puck102701 wrote:
1. A cat named Jonah. The cat WAS abused, but by a dog. When Jonah was a kitten, a dog bit his head and a small piece of his brain came out. (Basically, that's what happened.) Now, he thinks he's a dog! Anyways, the currents owners aren't the same as the one(s) who own him at the time of the event, but I think this is a wonderful that people would take care of a disabled cat, plus the next animal...

Awww, thats so sad. :(

I'll make a couple buttons for this..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:35 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I've made two buttons. Go easy on me, I'm new creating images and or editing them. Anyways, here are some:
(I got the cat image from "Funny Images" or whatever it's called on the Joke board.)

Image Set by me
Request Board

Last edited by Puck102701 on Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:40 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Dawn2 wrote:
Of course you can, Puck. :) :) :)

Well, our animal time spending competition isn't going very well. I'm going to have to end it, but please continue to spend time with your animals.

Today, I'd like to start a new sort of contest. We desperately need to get people more active in this group, and definitely more people active in fighting animal abuse. If people could please submit anything, avatars and signatures, buttons, banners, anything at all, or have a link to PPTAAC in their signatures, I would be incredibly pleased. I really don't care about having real activity in this group, but I do care about people reading this thread and some of the mentioned bad experiences in animal abuse- just for them to realize that animal abuse is still alive and strong in the world and that we need to get more active.

Speaking of animal abuse stories today, I witnessed a particularly terrible one today. I was driving home from classes when a guy in front of me stopped his vehicle and dropped a dog out from his car. I didn't get his license plate number, but I did get the dog. I believe she is an albino pitbull puppy, but I'm not sure. She's really quite friendly ((*cough* to all of the people in the world who make it their live's work to killing pitbulls)) and ((oh, yes, I know I shouldn't of done this)) I gave her a name- Sheila. I will unfortunately not be able to keep this lovely dog, due to my own dog being extremely sick right now, but I assure you Sheila won't be sent to the pound if I can help it. No, this was not an event I made up just to get people to post so this thread wouldn't die. But finding Sheila really gave me a huge urge to start getting more active myself. I'll keep updating about her to you, if you wish for me to do so.

I was also wondering if you guys would like to elect a mascot to the group, just to make things a bit funner for you all. Any opinions on the idea? I was thinking maybe Sheila could be it, seeing as she's dealt with animal abuse and was rescued from it, but since I won't even be able to keep the poor thing, it may not be a good idea. If you have a pet you think would make a nice mascot for us, please post a picture of them (or something that looks like them) and tell us their name, their stories, and why you think they would make a good mascot. Also, maybe even drawn pets would make good mascots. You can make up stories and names for them- infact, I think drawn pets would make even better mascots. :)

Good idea...I think Sheila could be the mascot, you could visit her sometimes :)

that's me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:32 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Shippinator Mandy wrote:

BUH???

(Expect random post, hamster obsesser here.)

Sure, rats are misunderstood. But what is the difference between a bite and a nibble?! They still hurt the same, and it's not the hamster's fault some ugly great brute comes and pulls you out of your cage, says, "Wishy wishy boo boo", and then screams when the hamster bites because a) it is sleepy or b) it is scared.

In fact, hamsters don't usually bite when they're scared, they usually wee. O.o

I have a hamster now, Cassie, who jumped down my dad's shirt when she was young. And now she never ever bites, not even when she climbs up my jacket sleeve. *grumble*

And I'm taming a hamster now, name Toffee. She's never bitten me. Hamsters usually bite when they are rushed, like with young kids, hamsters are taken back from the petshop, they're disorientated and scared after the walk or car journey, and suddenly a tempting fat thing which looks indescribably like a peanut comes in. *chomp*

You have to start with hamsters carefully. Tempt them, curl your hand into a fist and let them smell your hand (which no longer has protuding peanuts coming out from it). Talk to them all the time they're awake practically, in the same voice each time. They will recognise you soon.

Do not rush anything.

Enough on hamster training and taming. XD Can I join this group please? :D

(And I think Shelia would make a great mascot.)

|| Set // WIS < 33 ||

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next