Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 4:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:00 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

vkceankraz wrote:
Dawn2 wrote:
NOTE: I am assuming that most desktops have icons on the left side of the screen. All the computers I've seen (and I've seen quite a few) have icons on the left side. My ratings reflect on that.

Macs have their icons on the right side, if I'm not mistaken. Other people may prefer to have their icons wherever, seeing as they are moveable. In my opinion, as long as the artist leaves some space for icons (anywhere), then their wallpaper is fine.

I own (and am currently using) a Mac G5 and the icons appear at the bottom of the screen and can disappear (when you move your mouse to the bottom of the screen, the icons appear, but when you move it away, the icons disappear.)

------------------

Thanks to the wonderful Neko for the amazing set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:16 am 
PPT God
PPT God

bluehawaii19 wrote:
I own (and am currently using) a Mac G5 and the icons appear at the bottom of the screen and can disappear (when you move your mouse to the bottom of the screen, the icons appear, but when you move it away, the icons disappear.)

Then you're lucky. Not every computer/system has the same capability, Mary. An artist should keep others in mind when creating things that other people will be using.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:18 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Thanks for the ratings guys. To be honest, I did only sepnd 30 minutes on the background and I payed the price. I haven't really had enough time and it was a choice between spending a long time on this, or on PPT Apprentice. I don't deserve to be in this competition anymore, so I don't really have any bitter feelings about it.

However, there is one thing that bothers me and that is Dawns ratings. For my past two images Dawn you have said something along the lines of "I dont think you spent over 15 minutes on this". This is unfair, and you can't claim it is constructive critisism either becuase it is in no way helpful to me. I suggest you seriously review the way you rate.

Visit the PPT Better than You

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:50 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

vkceankraz wrote:
bluehawaii19 wrote:

Then you're lucky. Not every computer/system has the same capability, Mary. An artist should keep others in mind when creating things that other people will be using.

Macintosh computers do have icons on the desktop, if you were to save a file to the desktop, it would appear on the right hand side.

I'm only going on the base of two modern Apple iBooks.

When the icons appear, I think you're talking about the bar at the bottom?

kudos sasha+gregory // PPT's Unofficial President

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:07 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

hellyer wrote:
However, there is one thing that bothers me and that is Dawns ratings. For my past two images Dawn you have said something along the lines of "I dont think you spent over 15 minutes on this". This is unfair, and you can't claim it is constructive critisism either becuase it is in no way helpful to me. I suggest you seriously review the way you rate.

Noted.

Just to clarify this to anyone and everyone who may or may not be confused. It is assumed by me that the graphics will be made according to a basic standard, whether that be signatures being no larger than 400x100 or wallpapers having room for desktop icons.

This round may have a few faults when it comes to me clarifying requirements. I apologize for that. However, it didn't neccessarily matter WHERE the room for the desktop icons were, as long as it made some sort of sense as to where you could put the icons. Bluehawaii's desktop is different, so her wallpaper would work for her. I honestly never knew any computers were set up like hers, so I made no rule against such a layout. And I can't fault her for making her wallpaper how she did.

The quality of the graphic is key. Quality being use of colors, design, style, effects, etc. For wallpapers specifically, a contestant should not be faulted merely because of the layout, unless it wouldn't work on any computer whatsoever.

End of my lovely paragraphs. Take notes. :)

Gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:22 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

hellyer wrote:

When I started this contest, I was told to be honest. And that was my honest opinion- that I think you could of worked harder. And please do not say I never give suggestions to anyone. I never said your graphics looked terrible. Only that you could of possibly worked harder.

And if my time spent here is not appreciated, I will leave in a heartbeat. :)

Oh, and Flame. The thing about having room for desktop icons on the left in my ratings is currently being removed. I assure you I didn't know. ;)

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:17 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

vkceankraz wrote:
Paola -- Gorgeous! I love the color scheme; it's so weird, but at the same time really appealing. Props. The only thing that I dislike is that Sailor Moon's face is cut off in the blending, so you can only see her body. Also, the second girl is slightly skewed; I think you could have stretched her out vertically to make her more proportional. It's slightly busy, but pretty nonetheless.

Yeah, her face is kinda cut off, I noticed, but I was too lazy to fix it. There's too many layers in that star background to make that spot lighter. I didn't notice the thing about Luna, I kind of see it though. Good point XP

Dawn2 wrote:
Paola- First off, that background is awesome. Really awesome. I love all the sparkles and the images in the background. Second off, awesome job with the blending. Third off, the text is superb and easy to read. And fourth off, no problems- my favorite wallpaper this round.

Marissa wrote:
paola: Excellent. Beautiful background image, wonderful job compositing the three pictures. 10/10

Flame wrote:
paola - Wow...Beautiful. Excellent job cutting out the images. I like how you have the large version of them with two smaller versions in the background. The text looks really good against the black starry background...I really don't have any problems with this.

Funny...I actually hate this background. I wanted to change it, but I never had time so I just kept it. I was sure you guys weren't going to like it. Guess, I've been proved wrong :P I do like how the text looks though ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:22 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Dawn2 wrote:
When I started this contest, I was told to be honest. And that was my honest opinion- that I think you could of worked harder. And please do not say I never give suggestions to anyone. I never said your graphics looked terrible. Only that you could of possibly worked harder.

You have been honest. And if your honest opinion was that he could have worked harder on the wallpaper, say just that. Don't say 'It looks like you only spent 15 minutes on it.' Then we'll all be happy little campers here at PPT. Also, he's not saying you don't give suggestions. Just that your comment about time wouldn't help him improve.

Dawn2 wrote:
Oh, and Flame. The thing about having room for desktop icons on the left in my ratings is currently being removed. I assure you I didn't know. ;)

:)

Gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:02 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Flame wrote:
Dawn2 wrote:

You have been honest. And if your honest opinion was that he could have worked harder on the wallpaper, say just that. Don't say 'It looks like you only spent 15 minutes on it.' Then we'll all be happy little campers here at PPT. Also, he's not saying you don't give suggestions. Just that your comment about time wouldn't help him improve.

Dawn2 wrote:

:)

Yeah I agree with Flame. It wsn't what you said it was how you said it. Think about it.

Visit the PPT Better than You

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:49 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Hellyer and DM cannot participate in this round.

Round 4
-A LJ icon
-It has to be made from a photograph. (The photograph didn't have to be taken by you though. )

Ask if you need anything clarified. :)

Gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:17 am 
PPT God
PPT God

LJ Icon: Image

Image Used: Here

Program Used: PSP 8

*cackles* Right up my alley.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:49 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

image: Image

photo used: http://www.terleckifamily.org/Rose.jpg

program: photoshop and paint for the border.

signature by WIS! :]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:21 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Can the photograph be from a movie (like a screencap), a magazine (like a photoshoot), or of a celebrity?

------------------

Thanks to the wonderful Neko for the amazing set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:26 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

bluehawaii19 wrote:
Can the photograph be from a movie (like a screencap), a magazine (like a photoshoot), or of a celebrity?

As long as it's not an illustration, it should be fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:48 am 
PPT God
PPT God

vkceankraz wrote:
bluehawaii19 wrote:

As long as it's not an illustration, it should be fine.

^ What she said. :)

And if you're not sure about an image, just post it here. Then I can tell you whether it's okay or not. :)

Gone.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next