I, Lord Rhinestone Cowboy III, puppy-slap at you with my spear of ingenuity. Mischief and mayhem ensues.
Topic locked

Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:14 pm

Allie sighed, staring at the colossal castle before her. It was, to her eyes, rather showy, flags hung from turrets and the rest. She'd have to ask for lodging here - she had found no suitable inns.

She walked forward slowly, and though about where she was. She didn't know. She'd really just been wandering for a while. This could be nearly anywhere! Allie decided, even on the pretext of sounding completely ignorant, that she'd ask where she was once she got inside. So she kept walking, hoping they'd let her in. There were too many wolves in the woods nearby to sleep there safely, but if she had to, she had to.

Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:56 pm

Ella rolled her eyes as she walked out of the royal stables. She would rather be out on a journey or an adventure than where she was now stuck working to get some well-needed money. As she walked closer to a nearby tree she could hear people gasp and whisper to each other, some children were even pointing at her. They did not do that for long though, as each got an effective shove or slap from a parent, telling them how impolite it was to point at people. Ella was used to all this, centaurs had almost turned into figures in stories by now, some even thought the land she came from was just a legend and that the great centaurs were merely just something in children's stories.

"And oh how small their worlds are..." she muttered as she leaned against the large cherry tree blooming in the middle of the palace courtyard.

Humans had always seemed quite primitive in Ella's eyes: unaware of the great world that was looming outside their own narrow minds, where even more fascinating things could be found than creatures like herself. Her mind wandered off thinking about her village, thousand's of miles away from this place, hidden in the deepest of forests. This was where the last centaurs roamed the planet, even some humans had settled there. Suddenly Ella realized how much she missed Fëlas and everyone else there. Carefully pulling her hands through her hair she regarded at the palace gate. Surely she would be allowed to at least take a look in the grand hall? Everyone in the town had that right.
Ella's tail wagged as she proceeded to the gate. The guard looked at her with round eyes of wonder, but he did not speak one word. As she walked down the large hallway the sound of her hooves hitting the stone pavement beneath her echoed all around.

Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:29 am

*Oakleaf flew desperately, blood dripping from her left wing to stain the leaves below. "Please... anything..." she pleaded with the skies, struggling to stay up, let alone race against her pursuers. In the corner of her eye, a little west, Oak spotted what looked like a mound of stone from that distance- in reality it was the castle. She gave a slight smile and a sigh of relief which soon gave way to a cry of pain as another arrow pierced the skin, sunk into her left shoulder.

Behind her, Oak could hear howls and yips of glee, and angrily, painfully, she kept flying towards the city, which as she drew closer revealed itself as not the small mound it had appeared at first but a majestic, sweeping palace and city with a great wall and an open gate. Her emerald eyes grew wide at the sight of it, and in her distraction she failed to dodge one more arrow which again pierced the left wing. "Aaaaaigh!" she screamed- it had gone all the way through- and she flew now not like a majestic eagle but like a small tailor-bird whose wing has been broken by a stone. Plummetting towards the city, she fell just outside the wall, fall broken by a tree so she draped from its branches like a ragdoll. Barks of laughter could be heard from the forest, but she was not followed.

Staring upwards at the powder-blue sky where the sun blazed bright in the morning glow, Oak breathed deeply, and then disentangling herself gingerly from the branches and twigs, she let herself fall, landing catlike and then rising to her hooves. She limped through the gate of the wall, ignoring the guards, and stumbled towards the castle. The loss of blood had made her dizzy, and as for the hawk-lords, dizziness is torture for a Pegasus. With a cry she fell forward some fifty feet from the castle doors.*

[[You'l never belive this, but I got the dizziness-torture idea at an amusement park.]]

Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:41 am

Attempting to find the kitchen, Mallicus continued through the hallways. Taking several twists and turns, he paused in mid-flight when he heard the distinctict sound of hooves on stone floor. Intrigued, Mallicus turned and flew towards the sound. Turning the corner, Mallicus was suprised to find a tall female riding a horse through the castle. 'Wait, that's not a female on a horse, that female IS the horse.' Flying up to the centaur (invisibly) he addressed her.

"Hi!!" his shrill voice called out to her.

Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:51 pm

As soon as Ella heard a tiny voice saying "hi" her horse instincts kicked in. Her legs moved around nervously on the stones beneath her and her head was twitching quickly from side to side, trying to see who had just spoken to her.

"Who.. who is that?" she asked looking around with round, nervous eyes.

It did not take long though, until she realized what just might have spoken to her. "Oooh, a pixie perhaps, I see..." she thought and smirked. Now that Ella had calmed down a bit she could easily sense something in front of her. She turned around swiftly and let her tail make a quick swing in the air, feeling instantly that it hit something small, hovering in the air.

"Show yourself." she demanded.

Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:30 pm

Name: Fondrolian Hejjion (or Fon)
Race: Dragon (Grulian Sub-Race *See other)
Age: 349 (That is still young for this race of dragon, VERY YOUNG)
Appearance: http://www.geocities.com/asikuzun/Young-dragon.jpg
Occupation or title (if any): Uhhhhh, killing? No, eating. A bit of both.
Other: *Like normal dragons, wings, teeth, claws. The works. Grulians are killers, they don't make many friends. Unless it gets them food, they pretty much keep to themselves.

----------------------------------------------------------

Fon was hiding out in a barral. It was damp and dark, with a frangrent smell of pickle. The cheif outside was making a fool of himself by humming a tune. Fon sighed.

The moment came where the cheif left the room (for reasons unknown). Fon peeked outside the barral and looked around for anyone left inside the room. He slithered outside the barral, glad of the removel of the pickle smell. Spying a much larger cabnit, he cralled inside.

Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:17 pm

((I'm afraid I'm going to have to withdrawl. I can't seem to find the inspiration to RP anymore. I'm sorry. :())

Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:37 am

DM was on fire! wrote:((I'm afraid I'm going to have to withdrawl. I can't seem to find the inspiration to RP anymore. I'm sorry. :())

||NOOOO! Aww...bye DM||

Ryn huffed, her nostrils flaring as the blew air out in an almost exasperated gesture. She'd watched the pegasus's fall, her interest piqued partly by the smell of blood, and partly by the sight of easy prey. She rose, having followed along below the pegasus on all fours, in order to keep up with the beast. She now shifted her weight from one footpaw to another indecisively. True, she had not eaten well in many sunsets, but pegasus were not the same type of beast as deer or rabbits, which were plentiful in Landra. And this particular one, though injured and clearly disoriented, was inside the castle wall. Guards did not take friendly to Ryn's type, that she knew from hard experience.

But most vexing of all, was that she was almost more concerned with the pegasus' well-being than she was in a meal. Her tail lashed angrily, perplexed by the conflicting emotions. To her surprise, it was concern that finally won out, ust as her patience expired. Lowering hersel fto all fours, Ryn burst forward out of the cover of the forest, making a mighty leap in the direction of the castle and simultaneously unfurling her wings, giving herself a powerful burst of speed.

She hit the ground on all fours, the angry shouts of the castle guards ringing in her sensitive hunters ears. Several had notched arrows to their bows, and began firing arrown after arrow in her direction. One lucky shot pierced her left wing, another thudding into her soulder. She felt blood matting her fur but ignored it. In their haste to kill her, the guards had left the gates unprotected, and Ryn leapt through them, skidding to a halt a few paces from the pegasus. The guards had stopped fring for fear of hitting the other creature, and Ryn took the opportunity to rip the arrow from her shoulder with her teeth.

Raising herself to two legs, she padded ver tot he injured creatures, She poked it sofly with one forepaw, her heavy panting blowing the bloody wing-feathers out of place.

Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:51 am

[Aw man... bye DM...]]

*The Pegasus made a small noise like the moan of a tree in the winter winds, but lay still, blood-red hair in her eyes. A guard yelled after Ryn, "What exactly do you think you're doing?", brandishing his sword with an obvious scowl beneath his polished helm which reflected the sun. His more courageous- or was it foolish?- friend stepped forward from his post a little, sword in his hand and contempt in his thoughts.*

Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:22 pm

Mistaking the centaur's nervous prancing as a new dance, Mallicus started humming to himself and dancing in midair, until a sharp swat sent him reelling. Looping around, he called out to his unseen attacker as he himself became visible, "Hey! What was that?!" Brandishing his small dagger, Mallicus spun in circles looking for his attacker.

Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:24 pm

DM was on fire! wrote:((I'm afraid I'm going to have to withdrawl. I can't seem to find the inspiration to RP anymore. I'm sorry. :())

((Unfortunately, I feel the same as DM. Roleplaying was my favorite pastime, and now I just can't seem to do it well . . .))

Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:32 pm

Name: Katoka

Race: Human

Appearance: Rail-thin, short and generally a small person. She appears three or four years younger than she really is. Black, straight hair reaches about halfway down her back and brown eyes. Her shoulders are usually curved slightly forward in a slump.

Occupation or title (if any): She doesn't really have one. She wanders and tries to do whatever work she can to feed herself.

Other: While she is relatively sweet, she's stubborn to a slightly pathetic extent and it gets her into a lot of trouble. She studied as a witch when she was about fourteen but got bored and continued on her way. She can read scrolls and spellbooks, but can't cast many spells. She can only do three things: minor tricks (make brooms sweep, etc), distract people and make them forget their goals, and occasionally she can turn invisible. (Although she tends to flicker in and out of views.)

- - -

Katoka stood in front of the gate, looking curiously at the guards and through the gates. Then, despite the guards trying to stop and question her, she strolled through the gates. She broke into a run and then cast a glance behind her, whispering to herself and then continuing to run. The guards had lost her trail.

"Thank you," she muttered sarcastically, rolling her eyes and collapsing against a wall.

Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:11 pm

D'mitri wandered around the castle, not wanting to disturb his parents. After awhile he decided to go to the kitchens, to get something to eat. He had travelled far, and had not eaten much during that period of time.

He headed towards the kitchens, lightly brushing the old tapestries and paintings as he passed. He came to a full stop, once, as one of the tapestries (or walls near it) streamed with some sort of Magic. However it soon passed, and noting it as something to tell his parents, he continued.

Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:41 am

Ziggy wrote:

((Unfortunately, I feel the same as DM. Roleplaying was my favorite pastime, and now I just can't seem to do it well . . .))

((I am also afraid I must withdrawl, I just...uh...what they said. :) ))

Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:12 am

Ella sighed deeply as she saw the small critter twirl around in the air.

"One can't blame you for being curious" she said with a laugh and continued her stroll down the hallway.

With wondering eyes she looked up at the numerous paintings hanging on the walls, portraying royalty. They all look pretty fancy don't they, she thought.
Topic locked