Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Peabody Manor
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:39 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

"Ugh, I really did not want to be the first one here," Jamie mumbled to herself and checked her watch. "I guess I am a bit early, but I had expected there to be more traffic." She had driven over after running some errands for her mom and grabbing a quick dinner. It was ten minutes until six o'clock, when they had planned to meet. "What am I going to do for another ten minutes? I hope someone else arrives early." She had gotten out of her car and stood by the wrought iron fence surrounding the property. It was getting a bit chilly now, so she decided to go back in her car to wait for someone else to show up. She found an old magazine in the backseat. She tilted her seat back, rested her feet on the dashboard, and started flipping through it, occasionally glancing at the large manor house nearby.

Peabody Manor is a creepy, old house on the top of a hill at the end of town. The only people that visited it anymore were children daring each other to step inside and then run off. It used to be the home of an eccentric old man and his wife. They had several children who grew up and moved away. The youngest child, a daughter, disappeared one day while playing in the backyard and was never seen again. Jamie's grandmother had known the Peabody's and remembered well the day little Milly went missing. She was such a friendly little girl and everyone took a liking to her. The wife had not been the same after that and later died of sickness. After she passed, Mr. Peabody grew sullen and kept to the house. The butler was seen to come and go to buy house supplies and food, but he hardly spoke to anyone as well. No one had seen any of them for quite some time and assumed the old man had died and the butler had just handled it quietly and moved on. At least, that's what Jamie's mom had told her when she was little. The house had stood empty on top of the hill since before Jamie was born.

Tonight, Jamie and some of her friends had planned to get together and explore the old estate. It was somewhat less creepy with a group of friends, but not by much. A beep from Jamie's cell phone interrupted an interesting article about last year's fall fashions. She flipped it open and read the display. "Aw, Cristy can't make it. She's sending over a friend to take her place, though. I wonder who it'll be," Jamie said while texting her friend back. It was now five minutes to six o'clock. She sighed and looked up at the old house behind the overgrown garden. "I hope someone else gets here soon. I don't think I like being here alone," she said and went back to reading her magazine.

------------------------------------------

Welcome to Peabody Manor! :) This is a present day haunted house rp. Also, all characters are human. Not magical creatures in human form or cyborgs with human bodies. Just humans. :P Although, you can have occult talents like tarot reading, telekinesis, telepathy, psychometry, etc. I'd prefer nothing extremely powerful. I'd also prefer to keep the future-telling to a minimum so it does not rule the rp, so it'd probably be best if you didn't focus on something that did that often. You do not need an occult talent at all. These are just suggestions incase you are interested. If you choose to have an occult talent, I would prefer if it wasn't used all the time and if it wasn't brought up until things got rolling a bit. This rp is more about a group of people exploring a haunted house then people showing off flashy powers. :) If you aren't sure if something would be okay, feel free to ask.

To keep some facts straight, I have listed some names here:

Peabody Family
Mr. John Peabody - husband
Mrs. Mary Peabody - wife
Greggory Peabody - 1st child (son)
Miles Peabody- 2nd child (son)
Cathy Johnson (married name) - 3rd child (daughter)
Joseph Peabody - 4th child (son)
Milly (Millicent) Peabody - 5th child (daughter, disappeared)

Butler - Mr. William Lurk

Town name - Milton

Current month - mid-November

These are not characters you can be. They are just for reference.

Your characters are either friends of Jamie or friends of one of Jamie's friends who couldn't make it and so sent you along. If you are a friend of a friend, you have to say who sent you. :) I'd like an age range from maybe 15-20. They can know each other or not know each other, however you want.

Everyone must meet up in front of the gate before entering. If other people join after we enter the manor, they can come on in. :) This rp is always open and people can join at any time. If you will be away for a while, please post up, so we won't wait for a response/action from your character.

I also wanted to mention, I'd rather no one had the front doors slam shut and lock or anything of the sort, so new people can still enter. Other doors are fair game, though. :)

------------------------------------------

Character Bio

Please copy/paste this form and fill it out, so we can easier tell the profile posts from rp posts. :)

Code:
[color=#4000FF][b]Name:[/b][/color]
[color=#4000FF][b]Age:[/b][/color]
[color=#4000FF][b]Gender:[/b][/color]
[color=#4000FF][b]Appearance:[/b][/color]
[color=#4000FF][b]Personality:[/b][/color]
[color=#4000FF][b]History:[/b][/color]
[color=#4000FF][b]Knows Jamie/Jamie's friend how:[/b][/color]
[color=#4000FF][b]Occult talent(s) (if any):[/b][/color]
[color=#4000FF][b]Other:[/b][/color]

Name: Jamie Worthers
Appearance: She has mid-back length, wavy, medium brown hair, and green eyes. She's currently wearing jeans, a simple cream-colored longsleeve shirt, and a maroon jacket. She also carries a black purse with various odds and ends in it.
Personality: She's very friendly. She also looks out for her friends and helps when she's needed. She can be a bit quiet around people she doesn't know. She loves reading.
History: Jamie has lived in Milton all her life. She is a senior at Milton High and will graduate in the spring. She has heard stories of the Peabody Manor since she was little and is very curious to check it out.
Knows Jamie/Jamie's friend how: She is Jamie. lol
Occult talent(s) (if any): She knows a bit of tarot reading and can sense energies (meaning = sometimes she can sense the presence of ghosts or get residual readings from touching things/being in something's presence).
Other: She drove here and her car is parked outside. She also has a cell phone, a flashlight, and odds and ends in her purse, like snacks, a notebook, etc.

Player Characters
Jamie Worthers - 18 - F - brown hair/green eyes - tarot reading/sense energies (played by Jas O'Lantern)
Timothy Waters (Little Timmy) - 15 - M - brown hair/hazel-brown eyes - clairvoyant (played by Pardona)
Tricia Collins - 18 - F - blonde hair/blue eyes - school news reporter (played by Candy Corn Twiz)
Henry Krokus - 17 - M - N/A - high IQ, computer geek (played by StuMan)

Feel free to jump right on in and start role-playing after you post up your character bio. :) Have fun!

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject: Re: Peabody Manor
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:39 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Little Timmy hesitantly turned the last corner right of 5th and looked across the street to the huge, looming manor up ahead. When Christy had asked him whether he'd like to go explore the old Peabody's place with a bunch of other people, it took him less than a second to decide. He already liked Cristy, and maybe if he showed her he was brave enough to go inside a house that no one had entered in two hundred years (at least that's what his friends had told him), she would finally see how awesome he was. Oh yeah! He was so wearing her down!

Looking across the street, he saw a small red car already parked in front of the old building. Someone was clearly sitting in it, doing... what? It looked like they were reading something. It might just be Jamie, he thought, as she was the one who had texted Cristy in the first place. Mmm... should he cross the street or should he stay where he was and wait for someone else to turn up? Then again, for all he knew, nobody else was going to turn up.

In the end, he decided caution was for wimps, and crossed the street toward the car. With a few short taps on the window of the small vehicle, he startled the brown-haired girl in it out of her fashion magazins. Yep. It was Jamie alright.

Name: Timothy Waters (known to everyone but himself as 'Little Timmy')
Appearance: Five foot two, pale complexion, freckles, brown hair cut in a bad, home-done way. Ragged and faded jeans under a (fake) Slipknot t-shirt and an old leather jacket two sizes too big with a pack of cigarettes and a lighter in it. His brown eyes, while an amazing hazel colour that even gets the occasional sideway glance from girls, never appear to focus on the 'real world', either because he is so caught up in his act he's thinking too much on whether he's doing a proper job of it, or because they really are seeing something other than the 'real world'.
Personality: All-round friendly and sometimes quiet, though he tries to make up for this by being the loudest and most obnoxious kid around the rest of the time. A total wannabe who tries to fit in so hard with the 'big' and 'tough' kids that he ends up making a fool of himself most of the time. In reality though, he just wants friends and can think of no other way to get them than by acting 'cool'.
History: Little Timmy comes from a poor family who moved to Milton when he was five. He's never had any real friends in his life, as his 'invisible friends' were always more than enough. SInce just under two years, however, puberty kicked in, and Timmy began noticing real girls, as well as realizing that almost his entire class was making fun of him for being weird. While they were right - Timmy was and still is 'weird' - Timmy was bound and determined to do something about it, and in no time at all his new and tough persona was created and Timmy stopped talking to his invisible friends. While Timmy's friends today still laugh at him behind his back, at least while he is with them they act nice and try to ignore the ridiculousness of his 'tough kid' act.
Knows Jamie/Jamie's friend how: Was sent by Cristy, who couldn't think of anyone to send and so let the neighbour's kid, with whom she is on a talking basis, come to join Jamie.
Occult talent(s) (if any): Clairvoyant (can see spirits and otherwise invisible entities and communicate with them - does not possess the power to 'block them out' when he wants to)
Other: Carries cigarretes, a lighter, a pocket knife, and a bunch of crap he stole from the local 7-11 to act 'cool'.

ImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Name: Tricia Collins
Appearance: Tricia has long, straight blonde hair and bright blue eyes. She is currently wearing blue jeans, a light blue t-shirt, and a turquoise-and-blue jacket with a matching scarf. Her hair is done up in a ponytail. She also carries a camera case.
Personality: She's friendly, if a little overeager at times. She can be very chattery if a topic interests her, but if not she's usually quiet and more observing.
History: She moved to Milton when she was twelve. Like Jamie, she is a senior in high school and will graduate this year. She missed out on a lot of the stories about Peabody Manor when she was younger, but is still very curious as to any mysteries it may hold.
Knows Jamie/Jamie's friend how: She's been one of Jamie's friends since she moved to Milton.
Occult talent(s) (if any): None
Other: She works in the school newspaper, and thinks everything is a news story. Thus, she has brought along a notebook, a camera, and a recorder in case she needs to get notes down in a hurry and doesn't have time to jot them down in her notebook. She keeps all these in her camera case, as well as some extra batteries and some small snacks she can fit inside. Her car is also parked outside.

----------------------------

Tricia's car put-put-putted down the road, and she slowed as she saw Peabody Manor. She wasn't the first to arrive -- she could see Jamie's car ahead of her. Smiling, she pulled in right behind Jamie and turned off her car.

From her new vantage point, she could see that Jamie wasn't the only person there. A young (well, younger than her, anyway) ruffian was standing there tapping on her window. Ooh, that could be a nice news story... a young hoodlum tapping on peoples' car windows and startling them into dropping their coffee onto their shirts...

Of course, there would be two problems with that. As far as she knew, Jamie didn't drink coffee, so therefore couldn't spill it onto her shirt, and they were meeting up to explore the mansion. Therefore, the boy could be there for that. But who was he? Tricia didn't recognize him. Wait, perhaps she did. He was that neighbor boy of Cristy's, wasn't he? She had seen him sometimes when she was over at Cristy's place.

Tricia groaned a little, and reached into her jacket pocket for her cell phone to see if she had received any texts. Her pocket was empty -- she must have left it at home. At least she remembered the important stuff, the things in her camera case. And she could deduce what happened anyway. For some reason, Cristy couldn't make it and so had sent someone else. "Well, at least Jamie's here. If no one else I know comes, then at least I can spend my time with her. And who knows? Maybe that boy -- Little Jimmy? Little Billy? I can't remember his name -- won't be too bad after all."

ImageImageImage
Set by WIS (I think XD), awesome fader by Bangel!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:24 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Name: Henry Krokus
Appearance:Skinny, with glasses, pimples in the odd spots on his face. He is wearing baggy jeans and a red T- Shirt given to him from the Uni Chess Club.
Personality:
History:
Knows Jamie/Jamie's friend how: Knows Jamie because he helps her with computer problems and fixs it if something goes wrong. In other words he is her computer repair guy. He was called by Jamie asking he wanted to come a spooky house.
Occult talent(s) (if any):None really apart from a high IQ and a high standard of knowledge in many areas.
Other: He dosn't have a job and just uses the computer all day doing random things.

Bring KISS to my Hometown

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:55 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Name:Emma Vaughan
Appearance:Has long slightly wavy brown hair and is covering half her face with it has bright blue almond eyes is perfect weight for age but looks rather skinny and also has a few freckles (but not many) is always wearing jeans with a blue top and red jacket also carries a big rucksack with food, torches, batteries, matches, sleeping bag and books on tarot reading and stuff about energy sensing ect.
Personality: is friendly to everyone even strangers but is extremely timid, never smiles unless is forced to, loves all animals apart from the ones that can kill you, loves doing paranormal stuff but later regrets it because she has nightmares about what could have happened and her most favourite thing ever is reading (she never stops (she even reads in bathroom and while eating) literally)
History: has lived in Milton her whole life and has had a rough childhood as her mum and favourite pet dog died at the same time has three brothers who beat her reguarly and no sisters her dad works abroad so her eldest brother takes care of her and her brothers all grandparents are dead.
Knows Jamie/Jamie's friend how: has known Jamie her whole life (literally) as she was born two months before Jamie and her mum and Jamies mum were great friends and Emma saw Jamie born and they have been best friends ever scince.
Occlut talent(s) (if any): has very high IQ can do a little bit of tarot reading and can see sense and talk to ghosts and orbs and demons ect
Other: Just arrived as Jamie got the text also has her mobile (or cellphone for you americans) along with her watch and chewing gums in her pocket

set by Byakuya San.....Thanks your awesome

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]