Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:13 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Shadow Strike
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:19 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Tamia checked the sun's position. She wiped the sweat from her brow and uncapped her canteen to take a drink. She wasn't used to the desert heat or the dry air. She saw a decent shady spot under a solitary tree a bit further ahead. "It's almost noon. We should take a break until the sun passes its height," she said to a small animal perched behind her saddle. The cat yawned and stretched, ready to spend some time on the ground. As they approached the tree, Tamia dismounted. "It sure is nice to move around a bit. It's been a long ride." The brown cat rubbed against her legs in agreement. The girl looked around. "Hmm, I think we are getting close. At the rate we are going, we might meet up with the main tribe by tomorrow. I certainly hope so. I could use a decent meal." At this comment the cat meowed. "Alright, I guess we can have lunch now." She smiled and pulled a small package from one of her saddlebags. She then sat down next to the tree and laid out the food in front of them. It wasn't much, but the people from the last town had been generous and given it to her as a parting gift. There were a few carrots for the horse, dried fish for the cat, and some bread and cheese for Tamia. They shared water as well.

After eating, Tamia put the package away, pulled a book from the saddlebag and sat back down under the tree. She leaned against it and opened her book to where the maroon ribbon marked her page. The cat pawed the dangling end of the ribbon and stuck his head over the edge of the book. Tamia laughed. "Okay, Tristan, you can sit on my lap. Be still, though. I don't know how often I'll get a chance to read once we meet up, so I'd like to get as far as I can." She picked up the cat and placed him in her lap. He immediately curled up and went back to napping. Tamia stroked his soft fur and sighed. She missed her home, but this had been an interesting journey already. She wondered what the main tribe were like. She had only heard stories from the tribe elders and spoken with an occasional messenger. "Well, it shouldn't be too bad. I just wish there were more greenery," she said and smiled down at her sleeping friend. She continued reading her book in the cool shade under the desert tree.

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:39 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

((Pardona, as Ember has already left the Denatou camp, I'm just going to have the NPC's chat with you for a bit. :P))

"Ai! Someone!"
The call came from ahead of her, and Ember recognized the voice as the male who had had been near the horses before. She jerked her head forward, scanning the area in front of her. Her eyes caught sight of the boy not far in front of her. As she neared him, she slowed her horse to a stop. He hadn't noticed her, as he was shaking the girl lightly in an effort to wake her.

She looked down at the girl, and noticing the state she was in, she frowned. She sighed softly, and then said, "She won't wake."

"What?" the boy said, startled. He looked around until he was looking Ember in the face.

"She won't wake. I recognize this -- some of my tribe members have had the same thing happen to them. Nothing we've tried has woken them up," she looked up again, and noticed the brightly colored wagons, and realized that the pair could only be one thing. "You're Gyptian? Hmm. Maybe you have something that we haven't tried. I think the best thing we can do right now is to bring the girl over to your wagons, and at least put her somewhere comfortable. C'mon, help me get her up onto Raitou."

Ember slid off her horse, and gently lifted up the girl. The boy numbly began to help her, but because he was in such a state of shock, he wasn't very much help. As she began heading towards the wagons, she snapped at him. "Come on -- wake up! You're going to have to tell me where to go. What's your name, boy?"

"Where'shershadow..." he mumbled under his breath.

"Where's her shadow? Odd name, that," Ember commented. Then she stopped. "Wait. That's not your name. You're telling me she doesn't have a shadow? Well. That's certainly something we've never noticed before."
-----------------
Two young elves playing in the sand were the first to see Tikkel. They shrieked in surprise and ran off, running to an old Elf and clinging to her and screaming, "Nahnee! Nahnee!". Jabbering in their language, they pointed Tikkel out to the old elf.

The Elf folded up the paper she was reading, and frowned up at Tikkel. "I am sorry, sir, but we usually do not trade within our camp. We don't have any items to trade at the moment either. There have been delays, so we've not been able to send out a trading party."

ImageImageImage
Set by WIS (I think XD), awesome fader by Bangel!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:24 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

((Let's get this thing moving, shall we?))

Ayven quickly put Meeno back down at her feet, and the small ferret took off immediately. Ayven followed after him, leaves and twigs crunching under her feet. He was leading her not back toward the wagons, but farther out into the desert. Soon the trees began to thin out, and the small patch of woods returned to scrubland at the edge of the vast desert. They were west of where they'd first entered the woods, and the Gyptian camp was off to the south.

Ayven glanced around keenly, but didn't immediately see anything out of the ordinary. She did know that she wouldn't be able to keep up with Meeno much longer at this rate. Crouching down in the sand, Ayven chirruped to Meeno, who turned and bounded back to her.

"Silly Meeno." She murmured and tucked him back into his pouch. Ayven took another long look around the desert landscape. From this vantage it seemed utterly deserted ((lol, the desert is deserted)), but with all the dunes breaking up the landscape, it was hard to tell just what lay ahead. Ayven began moving again, albeit more slowly this time, still fully aware of the distress coming off of Meeno like waves.

((So, the awkward part of an RP is getting the characters together in the beginning. Anyone wanna volunteer to get run into by Ayven? Otherwise, she's just gonna be wandering in the desert for a while...))

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:01 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

(I agree, let's get things moving. And Sapphire Faerie, I would agree to get run in by Ayven, but Tikkel is currently in Elven country)

"That's quite alright, gentle sir", Tikkel said, making a slight bow of the knees and head in the old elf's direction. "I am more than self-sufficient in my food and supplies, though I would be most thankful were I allowed to replenish my flasks." The abnormally short man held three large deerskin flasks in front of the older elf, as if to reiterate his question.

"No, the reason I approached your camp and kinsmen was that thrice now, I have been spotted by your sentinels, and thrice they did not give chase. While I assure you I have no ill intent, curiousity made me wonder whether there was not something else, something graver, occupying the minds of the elves." Tikkel scratched his black beard for an instant, as if weighing each word carefully. "I have travelled far and I have travelled wide, and my knowledge of sympathetic herbs is extensive. While I would not dare imply the elves are incapable of dealing with their own problems, my knowledge may... speed things along. So I ask you: could my assistance be of any value?"

It looked like the short man had no more to say, and, awaiting the older elf's answer, he remained in his position of deference toward the older elf.

ImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:03 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Damien had not slowed down for hours. He just kept running and running and running. "Puf. Puff" Damien Panted. It seemed like he was getting tired, but he was not going to give up on finding somewhere to stay. Sweat dripped from his forehead and neck, soaking his clothes and making him more determined to find a place to stay. He had forgotten about that mysterious scroll he saw ealier that day. It seemed not to matter to him anymore.

Suddenly Damien saw flicker up in the distance. that flicker soon became a figure. As Damien kpet running he came closer to making out who or what the figure seemed to be. Damien shook his head recklessly. His hair dripping with sweat dripping and spraying everywhere. However, as he was still running at fast pace he did not look where his was running. He crashed straight into that figure and they both landed with a thud in the desert.

"Sorry. I didn't mean t..." Said Damien but his vioce was cut short.

Bring KISS to my Hometown

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2