Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:03 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:17 am 
PPT God
PPT God

((Ooooooh no way! A shiny Milotic! Either you have Gameshark (or an equivalent) or you're one luuuuuucky gal!! :D ))

Cherry stared out at Viridian City in the distance, the small city glinted with many shades of green and smelt of the sweet flowers that grew in gardens around every house. It certainly lived up to its title.

The Charizard puffed out a stream of smoke as he glared at the gym in the distance, "If memory serves, that gym was closed until... I.. defeated all the other 7 gyms and came back to this city." He shuffled uncomfortably for a few moments, "The leader is a tough, cruel man known as Giovanni. At least, the last time I came here, he was the leader." He looked towards Route 2 which lead to the Forest, "Its better if we continue past to Pewter City and come back this way later."

((Hmmm, I don't mean to be taking over DN, if you decide to change the gym leaders, or order, or events or whatever then just ignore my charizard's ramblings. XP ))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:34 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

((No, that's fine, we're going in proper order, and I caught that Milotic (or the Feebas that evolved into it) purely by luck. I wasn't even search for Feebas when I found it, actually.))

Chal and Ninao glanced at each other uneasily. Both Psychics got a really bad vibe from that place, and both silently agreed that they shouldn't figure out why right now. True, they could use their telepathy to read the minds of the people and Pokemon inside, but such an intrusion would be difficult not to notice, especially since the gym they saw would have some of the most powerful Pokemon and trainers in the region. They moved a little quicker than normal, while keeping an eye on the younger Pokemon.

"Hey, Cherry," said Chal, "The trainers up ahead will still be too weak to pose a threat to our group, right? They don't look very powerful..." She trailed off and watched a few young kids duke it out with their Caterpies.

Yes, I'm still alive...still alive...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:43 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

((I get to bring Frost, my Swampert and my (unnamed) Spectile (or however you spell it). these three have gotten me past countless (really, I think I'm at 500+) rounds in the Eliete Four. Good ol' levewl 100 Blaze givin all his XP to whoever was on the XP share.))

"Viridian." said Tyler simply before comming to a fact he didn't remember hearing, or had simply forgotten. "You've been through the Indigo League before?" he asked the Charizard.

"The gym leader won't be there. There are one of tow things possible for this, but it'll be one of um. If Giovanii is still running the place, he's laying low over an incident that Jhoto police have broughten forward. We shouldn't have to worry for now, it's up by Lake Rage and Mahoggany Town in Jhoto." Blaze explained. "And if he's done with being a gym leader, the'll still be looking for another. Might be that Blue kid I've heard so much about. Though who would name their kid Blue?" he asked the world in general.

Death is pretty final
I'm collecting vinyl
I'm gonna DJ,
The end of the world!

'Cause if heaven does exist
with a kickin' playlist,
I don't wanna miss it at the end of the world!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:08 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Cherry snorted at the weak Bugcatchers dualing ahead, "Pfft, we have nothing to fear from those trainers, I could burn their bugs in my sleep!" He chuckled heartily at the thought, before glancing back in reassurance, "Even as a Charmander I could take care of those little trainers, and all of us are much more powerful than I was then..."

The Charizard glanced sharply at Tyler before narrowing his eyes, he glanced amongst the group in indecision before making up his mind with a sigh. "Yes. I've been through the Indigo League... and the Johto League, Hoenn League and Sinnoh League, as well as brief stops to some of the other lands."

He looked around the city as they passed through with fondness, "The reason I joined you all was.. rather.. nostalgic. I haven't been to Kanto in a long time, let alone journeyed around as I did when I was young. That's why I know so much about what goes on here..."

((Tee hee, thanks for the opening Z, needed to insert some random backstory. :lol: ))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:44 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Daretania stared in awe at Cherry -- it seemed to her that he had once been a captured Pokemon, but had then been set free. After all... they were the first wild Pokemon to try and defeat all the Gym Leaders, right?

Drazil's nose twitched slightly at the mention of Giovanni, but remained silent as to why. Perhaps his nose just itched. "Oy, Cherry. Why don't you let the rest of us have a shot at battling, too? I mean, it's all well and good that you could burn their bugs in your sleep... if you do, just make sure you don't catch anything else on fire... but I'm sure the rest of us want some training too, eh?"

ImageImageImage
Set by WIS (I think XD), awesome fader by Bangel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:56 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Kou looked at the gym and found that she had instinctively dugged her paws into the ground. Yes, she knew Giovanii well enough. Well enough so she did not want to go there. Not yet.

Incidentally, Kou had been thinking the same thing as the Dratini. Perhaps....... she thought. Maybe he..... Red........ She shook her head and left it at that.

Hearing Drazil's words, it reminded her of another thing bothering her for the last few minutes. There were so many large fire pokemon with them, it wouldn't be strange to set the whole forest on fire.

((I was wondering how moves like Surf would work. In order to use it, would there have to be a water source nearbye?
And also, for example, Kou doesn't have Bite in her moves, but she should be able to bite things noramally from the way her body acutally is built, but that would not count as an attack, right?
Personally, I think the reason pokemon only have four moves is that they never developed the Pokedexs to show more :D ))

ImageImage[/url]Image
neopets→hikaru_shineImage
Flyff (Mia)→HikaruKi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:32 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

((For reference, we're only slightly behind Red/Blue. So, the eigth gym is led by Giovanni, and we'll see Lorelli and Agatha in the Elite Four. Blue will stay at the Plateau long enough for us to kick his whiny rear end, and we'll probably detour back to Kanto once we finish the Johto gyms just so we can be up to date.

Surf will not require a body of water, but please stick with the four attacks you mentioned in your profiles when in battle. However, you may bite anything else we come across, be it an annoying Pokemon, human, etc.))

Chal 'heard' Kou's thought, and giggled.

"Hoo boy, that would be so funny if that happened! But...then again we'd be in a lot of trouble. I'd assume that they Fire Pokemon know how to control themselves, especially if they're that powerful, so everyone should be fine."

Ninao was busy chatting with Cherry and Drazil.

"Yeah, let the little ones have a go! I'm sure everyone here that doesn't need the experience as much wouldn't mind."

As if on cue, a young boy carrying four PokeBalls ran up to them, staring at Ninao.

"Woah, a big Bug Pokemon!"

"Actually...I'm Psychic and Fighting."

"Whatever, I'm still going to catch you!"

With that, he threw one of his PokeBalls towards the Erlade, and it harmlessly bounced off. The kid looks on the brink of tears, but Ninao patted him (carefully) on the head and handed the ball back.

"Sorry, kid, I'm just too powerful to be caught that way. But, you can try battling some of my friends if you want as long as you don't try catching them either!"

The kid looked up and smiled. "Really? Cool! Who will I fight?" He surveyed the group and hoped earnestly that it wouldn't be one of the Fire or Flying Pokemon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:41 am 
PPT God
PPT God

((Well that timeline seems reasonable enough :D ))

Cherry snorted at the Totodile's comment before glancing around at everyone, "Well," he harumphed at the group, "As long as someone deals with the annoying trainers, I don't really mind. But if you take too long..." He launched a torrent of fire into the air as demonstration.

The eager young trainer entered at that moment, Cherry glanced at him for a few moments before leaping into the air. "I'll be back when this is over," he said with a roll of his eyes.

In the air, the Charizard stared at the gym deep in thought. Its been so long since Red and I passed through here. He glanced out along the horizon, staring over the surrounding forest and past the ocean to the various towns of Kanto. I wonder how she's doing?

((Hmm, well I've taken that cue to add more backstory. Your pokemon may feel free to ask me about it, or psychically hear it, or completely ignore it. I just thought it'd be good to add some diversity to our group so it isn't just "cutesy young wild pokemon out on an adventure".

And for simplicity sake, and because it feels weird to talk about myself in the third person. I've named Cherry's trainer (in reality, Ria,... me) Red. I guess if any other pokemon have trainers they can just be named for the game/region they come from? Or if we encounter them along the way. E.g. Johto will have Gold and Silver, Hoenn has Ruby and Sapphire.. or Brendan and May.. *shugs* whatever, I'll leave it up to you guys.

I'm not sure of the exact timeline, since obviously this is set within Red/Blue story, cause we'll encounter Blue as DN just said. But obviously my Red isn't neccesarily the Red of this timeline, or maybe its just a year or two into the future? *shrugs* I dunno.

Also, I must admit, Cherry's contempt for most trainers and pokemon in game are shared by me. I pwned basically everyone I encountered and often laughed at their self-perceived 'pro-ness', so don't mind all the mockery.. we are supposed to dislike humans somewhat ne? :lol: ))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:00 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Kou glanced at the boy, looking at his eager face. So the feeling to want to battle is the same. Both pokemon and humans.
It wasn't as if she hadn't known that, but she had been reminded yet again.
Guessing, not a hard thing, that she was fitting into the 'little ones', she looked around at the others. She didn't mind going first, but at the same time she did.
I don't think the Caterpies would cause me so much trouble, she thought looking at the kid's pokemon. She knew she was strong for an Eevee and strong for about her age ((level?)) but she wondered if that would be enough to survive this journey.

She sighed a little.
"Does anyone want to go first?"

ImageImage[/url]Image
neopets→hikaru_shineImage
Flyff (Mia)→HikaruKi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:51 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

"Don't knock trainers too much now, they've helped us considerably." he said, thinking of his time in Gaten Port and Lillycove. "and you can leave me out of the training, I'm already level 87." he Blaze finished before turning to Cherry. Tyler and him both raised their eyebrows similtaneously. "Don't suppose you'd tell us a bit of insight on the various Eliete fours so we can arrange ourselves?" he asked the Charizard.

"Exactally what I was thinking." said Tyler before he started of to teh distance for a moment. "Charizard... released... I don't suppose your trainer was Red? Either that or Jason Mosdeep, but he'd be dead." the treeko asked the towering lizard.

((if they can bite, can I just kick and step on smaller enemies? we gona have this anime style with dodging and all?))

Death is pretty final
I'm collecting vinyl
I'm gonna DJ,
The end of the world!

with a kickin' playlist,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:29 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Cherry dropped down boredly before hearing Blaze's comments. He grinned at the Blaziken, "When we reach the Indigo League I'll be happy to give you all the info you need, needless to say Lorelei and Agatha will have a few problems dealing with our fire."

The Charizard grinned wider at the memory. Then he heard Tyler. A flash of interest caught his eye, "You've heard of her?"

((Pah, damn work. That was rather shoddy, had to post something, but now back to my homework. Eeesh :P ))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:42 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

"Unless another of us 'Little Ones' would like to have a go, I say Tania should go first!" Drazil exclaimed, dancing to show that was indeed what he wanted.

Daretania looked over at him, shock beginning to appear on her face. "But... Drazil! I don't think that I'm, er..." She looked away, her face beginning to flush a shade deeper.

"The right Pokemon? Strong enough? C'mon, I know you can do it. Besides, you'll probably only have to battle once against this trainer -- we'll probably switch off, and another of us will go after you, to give all of us a chance to battle. Does that sound good, Tania? Either way, you're going before me. I won't battle until after you do!" the Totodile grinned, showing most (if not all) of his teeth as he did so. He didn't mean to, he didn't want to scare the Dratini, after all, but it just happened that way. But seeing the teeth, Daretania relented.

"Alright, then. If no one else wants to go first... I will."

ImageImageImage
Set by WIS (I think XD), awesome fader by Bangel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

((Ok... a few things here:

Red/Blue/Yellow/etc are the random trainers we play as. I'll probably end up as Ruby, just so you know

Timeline for this is slightly after Ash's journey according to the games (i.e., when we get to Saffron, we'll probably see Team Rocket running from the city). However, I will ignore the three-year difference between R/B/Y and G/S/C when we go to Johto.

Like above, we'll see Gary, not Blue, in Indigo Plateau. Maybe we'll meet Ash in the Silver Cave, too.

Yes, you may kick/stomp/bite/etc. any smaller enemies or bad humans if you like.

And yes, anime style would make the most sense for this format.))

The kid looked at Daretania, and smiled.

"You'll fight me then? Sweet!" He released his first Pokemon, a Caterpie. The little Bug Pokemon looked confused for a moment, then became frightened when he noticed the larger Pokemon.

"Don't worry, "said Ninao, "you're fighting her." he pointed at Daretaina, and after giving them both a gentle pat on the head, stepped back to watch the battle.

Chal looked up upon hearing Cherry's words?

Agatha...she's Ghost, right? But doesn't she use mainly part-Poisons as well?" She smiled. "If she does, that old woman's goin' down!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:47 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

"Well, not personally, but I made a study of the various pokemon leagues, and there arn't many people who go through them all. I just sorted through the ones who had charizards." said Tyler, showing his near Alikazam-like memory.

Blaze nodded slowly. He was waiting for Orre. He would be able to tell them what the poeple at Mount Battle had down to their nicknames. Once the receptionist got past a wild pokemon even being in Orre, she had let him in and he had nearly beaten it. "The geko over there knows more than he lets on..." Blaze mumbled, which, in his loud voice, sounded around normal human speaking.

Death is pretty final
I'm collecting vinyl
I'm gonna DJ,
The end of the world!

with a kickin' playlist,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:23 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Cherry nodded, "Agatha uses Ghost and Poison, and Loreli uses Ice... and as long as pokemon-type isn't resistant to fire then it can be easily burned." He grinned and swished his flaming tail around on the grass.

The Charizard still felt rather uncomfortable talking about his past, so he quickly deflected the topic, "Hmmm, well you two both seem to know a great deal about the Leagues yourself. Its amazing that you've been allowed to go through them without a trainer... That is.. if you have gone through them?" He huffed confusedly and a pair of smoke rings flew from his nostrils before fading away.

((So DN.. you're saying, that "we" as in.. any of us who wants to say we're a trainer.. or 'have/had' a trainer rather, are Red/Blue/Yellow,etc? o_O ))

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next