I, Lord Rhinestone Cowboy III, puppy-slap at you with my spear of ingenuity. Mischief and mayhem ensues.
Topic locked

The Disappearance of Camile Hanks

Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:33 am

There was once a book that no one dared to speak the name of. This book took the blame for several disappearences stretching over forty years. The book was kept locked up in a crypt inside a museum- where no one was ever to find it.

Camile Hanks and a gang of friends knew the whereabouts of this book. A friend of Camile's, Karen Shaw, had a father who worked at the museum at the time. Shaw was eaves-dropping when she heard her father mention the book to her mother. Soon after gaining knowledge of this book, the friends decided to take a look inside. On a dark, windy night, they set off alone to the museum. Karen knew all of the hidden access codes because of her constant eaves-dropping and they soon located the crypt where the book was supposedly located. Carefully, Camile pushed open the door and there- on a short stool- sat a normal book. The friends tittered with excitement.

Disregarding her friends' warnings, Camile sent them a mysterious look and opened the book. There was burst of light, a scream, and then nothing remained in the room except the friends and the book. The gang then hurriedly scrambled away from the room, fearing what had happened to their friend.

The disappearance of their daughter gave both Mr. Robbie Hanks and Mrs. Chanel Hanks nightmares for years. Cops interviewed them regularly, and their lives became living hells. It seemed that no one knew where Camile Hanks had gone... and as for her parents, they partly didn't want to know.

Thirty years later, Officer Kal Yorkonson reopened the Camile Hanks case. Yorkonson sent out a team of five special agents to find the truth of what had happened to eleven-year-old Camile Hanks so long ago.

That thirty years later begins today.

Cast of Characters:

Karen Shaw (witness)
Lisa Kane (witness)
Claudia Paine (witness)
Jamie Coffner (witness)
Robbie Hanks (father)
Chanel Hanks (mother)
Officer Kal Yorkonson (case leader)
Officer Marie Jones (case officer)
Officer Johnathon Maroon (case officer)
Officer Bradley Stell (case officer)
Officer Hallie Trap (case officer)
Officer Chandler Boines (case officer)
Kale Long (supposed owner of the book and suspect in the case)
Cameron Blake (supposed accomplice)
Judge Kim Craz (judge at trial)
Officer Wyssie Chang (chief of police at time of disappearance)
Jury members (pick your own name)
Mason White (defense lawyer)
Madison Trogan (prosecuting lawyer)- TAKEN
Alison Moore (bailiff)

This RP is going to be the trial of the two suspects and supposed owners of the book: Kale Long and Cameron Blake. Twelve jury members will vote on the verdict. The first stage of this RP will be the preparation, where the lawyers question any of the witnesses to decide whether they want them in their case or not. After all has been prepared, the trial will begin. The lawyers will present their witnesses, question them in front of the jury and finally- the jury will decide on a verdict.

This RP is very complex, and I'd like experienced RPers only. You must use good grammar and have been in at least three RPs.

You may have up to three characters.

Bios:

Character (if you decide to be a jury member, put in a fake name):
Part in the Case:
Age (must be at least forty if one of the witnesses, and at least sixty to be Wyssie Chang):
Other:

My bio (I chose to have only one character)

Character: Madison Trogan
Part in Case: Prosecuting Lawyer
Appearance: Slightly curly, waist length brown hair with dark brown eyes.
Other: None.

We will begin when ten characters join.

Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:56 am

Been in atleast 3 RPs? I've have 3 rps! :lol: But...your survivor RP, Deserts Of Arabia and A Master Adventure. :)

Character (if you decide to be a jury member, put in a fake name): Kinsey Millhone (must stop reading my mom's books)
Part in the Case: Jury member
Age (must be at least forty if one of the witnesses, and at least sixty to be Wyssie Chang): 33 (I'm reading "G is for Gumshoe" and she turns 33.)
Appearance: brown hair, long black dress, hazel eyes
Other: none. But she drives a old '60s-70s Beetle, divorced twice...all I can remember.
Last edited by DM was on fire! on Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:31 pm

[Jamie- Male or Female? This name fits either gender...]

Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:38 pm

Tested wrote:[Jamie- Male or Female? This name fits either gender...]

((Twas meant to be female, but I don't mind if it's changed to male))

Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:36 am

[This looks interesting, though quite possibly too complicated to work properly. ^_^]

Character: Officer Marie Jones
Part in the Case: case officer
Appearance: short, red-black hair and grey eyes, immaculate uniform and wry smile
Other: She requested assignment to this case due to her intense interest in all things paranormal. She suspects, of course, that things are not as they seem, and has continued the investigation although the trial has begun.

Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:58 pm

Character: Mason White
Part in the Case: Defense Lawyer
Appearance: Handsome, well built, and a sharp dresser. Tall, tanned, and has two streaks of white through his otherwise red hair.
Other: Slightly mysterious, Mason is one of the younger lawyers in his firm, as well as one of the best. After being hired by Kate and Cameron he did extemsive reserch on the book's history, and was deeply disturbed by his findings. A criminal defense lawyer, Mason has handled some of the toughest cases his firm has seen, but this will be his greatest challenge yet.

(I wanne be Kale too!)

Character: Kale Long
Part in the Case: Supposed owner of the book and suspect in the case
Appearance: Blond hair, now streaked with grey, peircing blue eyes, and a slight hunch. She carries a cane with a head that resemble's an eagle's, but it has two onyx eyes, that carrie an erie gaze.
Other: She is the old lady that knows everything, but even she on Camile's dissapearance. When asked about the book's powers she has said only that they are "Vast beyond knowing." Cryptic and secretive, she has owned the book for as long as anyone can remember, and has done a good job of makeing sure that no one messed with it, until now.

Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:22 am

Character (if you decide to be a jury member, put in a fake name): Jamie Coffner
Part in the Case: Witness
Age (must be at least forty if one of the witnesses, and at least sixty to be Wyssie Chang): 44
Appearance: Small bald spot at top of head, graying hair with bits of brown, small bifocals, usually wearing dress slacks, cotton dress shirt, and a tie.
Other: Next door neighbor to Camile for 5 years before she disappeared, he had sworn to protect her when he was 12. She had asked him to play with her in a tree, but he declined. She ended up with a broken leg, thus he became her personal bodyguard for every moment that she wasn't at home or at school.

Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:00 pm

Bios:

Character : Officer Kal Yorkonson
Part in the Case: case leader
Appearance: long black hair that is tied back in a ponytail, and a long slender face with a pale scar running down her cheek. She has dark green eyes, and a knack of keeping her expression completely blank when talking to someone. She has a very slender figure, and is quite tall, which marks her out in a crowd.
Other: Has always been teased about her name sounding like a boys name. She has always been very strong willed, and was determined to get to the bottom of this case.

Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:57 pm

Character: Officer Hallie Trap
Part in the Case: Case Officer
Appearance: Blue-yellow eyes (they change with the light of day and the light of the room she's in. They range from blue with small yellow specks during the day to entirely yellow if she's outside at night), long wavy golden-brown hair that is usually kept in a bun at the nape of her neck. Slight dusting of freckles over the bridge of her nose. Short, about 5'5" and built of lean, muscle.
Other: Contrary to her last name, Hallie Trap is often one of the quietest members on the force. She is often told to speak up, and works best cramped up at her desk during the long hours of the night. As a child, she always had an interest in cases dealing with matters of the abnormal, which is why she requested to work on this case.
Topic locked